The 35 Year Old Virgin

MarXus

After stalling at #2 on Billboard 100, for a couple weeks in early '85, Crazy For You managed to knock one of the biggest collaborations in music history (We Are The World) out of the top spot in May of 1985.  By then, Angel was released as a single and her record company decided not to finance a new video for the song, as they feared she was over saturating the music market with so many singles/videos out.  Into The Groove was released to radio, accompanied by a video with clips from the film Desperately Seeking Susuan. They kept Into The Groove from being an actual single in the U.S., but made it a b-side on the 12 inch single for Angel.  Allowing both songs to soar to #5.  There is no doubt in my mind, Into The Groove would have went to #1 if they green lighted a single in the U.S. That song was huge in the summer of '85 as her film Desperately Seeking Susan was released.  Occasionally, video channels would play a promotional video for Angel which featured clips from her previous videos:

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Angel is legitimately one of my favourite songs from the 80s and could be in my top twenty Madonna songs. It’s literally a crime that it gets no recognition nor does it have a proper video. It would have been fantastic if the label did a proper remaster and box set for Like a Virgin, and to accompany it they release a video for Angel on YouTube using footage from the black sand beach photoshoot in Hawaii by Herb Ritts.

3 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Angel is legitimately one of my favourite songs from the 80s and could be in my top twenty Madonna songs. It’s literally a crime that it gets no recognition nor does it have a proper video. It would have been fantastic if the label did a proper remaster and box set for Like a Virgin, and to accompany it they release a video for Angel on YouTube using footage from the black sand beach photoshoot in Hawaii by Herb Ritts.

Good idea! I wish they'd do something.

And @MarXuswell done with this Anniversary tribute. I've learned things I've  never known before. 

16 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I remember as a youngster wondering why the song never got a video.  As I got older, I learned the story behind it.  Not that every single needs a video. It was still a single. It got a lot of play even with the promo video.  At the time, she had many videos out being aired on video networks, so I see no crime in not having a video, since Into the Groove was getting loads of video play at the same time, along with her past work.

13 hours ago, Voguerista said:

Good idea! I wish they'd do something.

And @MarXuswell done with this Anniversary tribute. I've learned things I've  never known before. 

Thank you!  And I hope you'll see that in the present and future that I'm here to share your enthusiasm and not take issue with you.  We seemed to have gotten wires crossed over a couple misunderstandings in the past.  :02:

51 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Thank you!  And I hope you'll see that in the present and future that I'm here to share your enthusiasm and not take issue with you.  We seemed to have gotten wires crossed over a couple misunderstandings in the past.  :02:

Thanks. No worries. Let's celebrate our queen. Xxx

Here's a rare interview with Madonna during the filming of Desperately Seeking Susan as well as the trailer to the film. The interview is interesting because she talks about writing a "title track" for the film and it was submitted to Orion, but nothing was in the works for a soundtrack or having any of her songs included in the film just yet. Keep in mind, the Madonna phenomenon hadn't begun, and I suppose once LAV hit big, they took her music submission more seriously. 

She was filming DSS prior to the launching of her Like A Virgin album during the summer and fall of '84.  The film originally was planned to have an "R" rating, but due to Madonna's rise in popularity with teenagers, by the time the film was released in '85, they had cut it so it could get a "PG-13" rating. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, MarXus said:

Here's a rare interview with Madonna during the filming of Desperately Seeking Susan as well as the trailer to the film. The interview is interesting because she talks about writing a "title track" for the film and it was submitted to Orion, but nothing was in the works for a soundtrack or having any of her songs included in the film just yet. Keep in mind, the Madonna phenomenon hadn't begun, and I suppose once LAV hit big, they took her music submission more seriously. 

She was filming DSS prior to the launching of her Like A Virgin album during the summer and fall of '84.  The film originally was planned to have an "R" rating, but due to Madonna's rise in popularity with teenagers, by the time the film was released in '85, they had cut it so it could get a "PG-13" rating. 

Wouldn’t it be great if they included the song Desperately Seeking Susan on some sort of big reissue for Like a Virgin?

5 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Wouldn’t it be great if they included the song Desperately Seeking Susan on some sort of big reissue for Like a Virgin?

Well, the 35th anniversary release of DSS will be next summer, it could be included on a re-release of that on DVD.  Though, I won't even hold my breath.  I also have to wonder if DSS (the song) is even something she want people to hear these days.  It may still be in rough stages.