What classic film or theatre character would suit Madonna perfectly.

Guest Ashley

9 hours ago, Enrico said:

Sunset Boulevard... rich fading star who thinks she still is the queen and dates a much younger man  :laughing:

But unfortunately the part in the Andrew Lloye Webber musical is going to Gleen Close...

Just add the eye patch and she'll look like Madame X:

Sunset-Boulevard-640x360.jpg

I hate that film/ play. That is society's idea of women thrust upon them. It's an insult. 

2 minutes ago, professormouse said:

Sunset Boulevard is beyond any of that.
It's now a campfest 'n' musical etc.
I just thought now might be a good time if she played The Villain in a movie ?

I do not like the connection society creates of an older woman and a villian. You might be seeing things from a different perspective. 

1 minute ago, LikeAMelody said:

I do not like the connection society creates of an older woman and a villian. You might be seeing things from a different perspective. 

.....A Bond Villain.
That sorta thing.
Or a witch.
The Catholic Church might be the 'society' your thinking of.
They hated women and some say still do.

What if she just randomly joined The Walking Dead or Westworld or some other huge budget production as a cast member playing some basic chick? I was so hoping she woulda wound up on Game of Thrones when she dressed up as Mother of Dragons, she could have used her fun accent on that huge missed opportunity. And nobody dare say Grandmother of Dragons but they are making prequels, hey Guy Osearyyyy.

6 hours ago, LikeAMelody said:

I hate that film/ play. That is society's idea of women thrust upon them. It's an insult. 

5 hours ago, LikeAMelody said:

I know what you mean and obviously I am not promoting ageism.

But the script beautifully represents the conditions of an actress who gets old in Hollywood. It is dramatically sad. ALW score is one of the greatest, too.

Another example of this theme is the series Feud.

PS: I agree with those who say she could play a villain in a blockbuster movie. Not because she is old but because her acting is always too much, so it's not good for a realistic movie, better a fantasy.

@EnricoThe script supports a woman going insane because she is rejected. It's an insult to people who have a real mental problem and to women. Then to add insult to injury they make her out to be the mean old bad witch. Everything has been decided FOR HER and the audience just sits back and laughs or boos her as a villian. 

People who hate Madonna and her can't beat em join em fans are trying so hard to paint a picture of Madonna in a role that she is not interested in. 

All one has to do is take a look at her children"s happiness to see what kind of a person she is. 

Her fans who feel the pressure to fit in have been trying to recycle her for over a decade now and then point the finger at her for everything instead of admitting thier ageism and sexism. 

As far as films I definitely do not want to see her in some loud obnoxious movie. I do not know who was guiding her in her film role choices but let's say she was and I think she has made really bad choices. I am pretty sure Warren Beatty said the same thing when interviewed at the time making Dick Tracy. 

I do not think the charactors she has played had a lot of depth to them and she didn't seem to care about them. In her best films....she obviously cares about her role in Evita and somewhat in Who's That Girl but in Desperately Seeking Susan although great she seemed to be showing up for a job. Her charactor basically just hangs out for most of the movie which gives a new spin on desperately seeking Susan. Although fun and I think she did a great job with the charactor Mae in A League of Thier Own, her charactor only has glimpses of anything beyond a "bad girl." When she prays in the clubhouse, walking in the finishing school to name a couple moments. My favorite moment of hers in that movie is at the end where I believe Mae "knows" what Dottie did for her sister and tells her she did good. 

Overall though I think there is so much depth in Madonna's music but I do not think she approaches acting with the same respect that she approaches music. 

I agree with you about her appearing in a fantasy because I do think she is somewhat lost in the real world. A more artsy film is what I think suits her well. 

11 hours ago, professormouse said:

.....A Bond Villain.
That sorta thing.
Or a witch.
The Catholic Church might be the 'society' your thinking of.
They hated women and some say still do.

I can not speak for the world because I spent exactly one weekend in my life outside of the United States. The society I was speaking of is the United States. 

9 hours ago, LikeAMelody said:

I do not think the charactors she has played had a lot of depth to them and she didn't seem to care about them. 

Agreed, I was racking my brain last night to recall the names of her characters in Swept Away and The Next Best Thing but all I could come up with was Tanned Muscle Lady and Jennifer Aniston, both of which are not her characters name in either film. I almost wanna say she didn't have a name in Swept Away but Google insists it was Amber. My mind says her character's name is always Rebecca because Body of Evidence was my shit back in the day.