2020 Grammy Nomination (I Rise)

Lucky90210

At least she was acknowledged on some level. I'd rather she have one nomination than none at all. At least now she is part of the conversation. Makes me like the song better. I am living for this Madonna 2020 Grammy nomination! I hope she wins. She deserves it.

Best Remixed Recording
"I Rise (Tracy Young's Pride Intro Radio Remix)," Tracy Young, remixer (Madonna)

D5V1b3QUUA08A6L.jpeg

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 2.28.25 PM.png

And the nominees are...

“I Rise (Tracy Young’s Pride Intro Radio Remix)” — Tracy Young, remixer (Madonna)
“Mother’s Daughter (Wuki Remix)” — Wuki, remixer (Miley Cyrus)
“The One (High Contrast Remix)”– Lincoln Barrett, remixer (Jorja Smith)
“Swim (Ford. Remix)” — Luc Bradford, remixer (Mild Minds)
“Work It (Soulwax Remix)” — David Gerard C Dewaele & Stephen Antoine C Dewaele, remixers (Marie Davidson)

ugh I *LOVE* Wuki (He used to be in Innerpartysystem, Stuart Price produced some of the songs on their album, Richard X did their last EP) and High Contrast remix of Jorja Smith is :fire: 

Out of all things to nominate, the Tracy Young remix of I Rise? I'll take it, I guess. The rest of the nominations really don't interest me, other than NFR. Would love Lana to take AOTY, but it's tough when she's up against Billie and Ariana. Both of their albums don't compare to NFR, imo, but knowing the Grammys one of them will most likely take AOTY.

3 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

This really ticks me off - no doubt Taylor swift and Bruce Springsteen we’re nominated - the Grammys are bull shit - it’s all about popularity now and old sexism towards females like Madonna 

Actually, Bruce wasn't nominated.  Not sure about Taylor as I don't care.  It's not a big deal.  I knew Madonna wouldn't be nominated.  We only care because Madonna didn't get nominated.  Some try to look at it as some devious plot to shut her out.  I don't see it that way.  Every year it's different. It's not only the popular who got nominated.  It's a wide range of nominations.  Most years it is. However, the actual televised ceremony focuses on who is hot and popular. That's always been the case. I mean; no one would care or watch if it was full of nominations of nobodies or older artists that no one pays much attention to. 

So the nomination really goes to Tracy Young, not Madonna.  So even if she wins, it really doesn't add anything to Madonna's career of awards.