Poll: Your Favorite Jonas Åkerlund Video for Madonna

Voguerista

What is your favorite Jonas Åkerlund for Madonna?   

50 members voted

1. 1. What is your favorite Jonas Åkerlund for Madonna?

What is your favorite Jonas Åkerlund video for Madonna?

What a catalog of choices. I love so many of them, but, I'm voting for Ghosttown. It's the ultimate imo for the story, the cinematography, and the tango. God Control and Ray Of Light are my next faves.  I'm so curious for how this Poll turns out.

16 hours ago, PWCCA said:

Jonas was never my favourite director of her videos. Ray of Light was the only one I really liked. God Control is an OK video, but its so messily edited that it's hard to watch

I agree. The video turned me off the song. It was a missed opportunity to make a profound video about gun control, unfortunately with have a video which is mimicry of the Pulse shooting which has needlessly upset survivors. 

I love ROL for the fact she looks awesome in it, but it's really not that great if you think about it.  She's pretty much dancing in front of green screens that eventually threw in a bunch of stock footage.

I'm going to say (the original) American Life and Ghosttown and Jump are my favorites. 

48 minutes ago, cake said:

Ray of Light was departure from the ultra glam videos M had done before. It was relatively low budget production as well.

The idea for the video was to reflect a day on the life of earth and the fast approaching end of the 20th century and the fastness of modern life.