Your Favorite Tour Opener!

Voguerista

What would your favorite Madonna tour opener be?

I'm having a hard time deciding but all I can keep thinking about is how much the Confessions tour opener blew me away from the Steven Klein backdrop to when she arrives and going forward. The creativity and dancing...just beautiful. I think Mdna would be my second choice! 

Everytime it's difficult to decide.

Let's start from those openings that don't give me chills: the worst are for me Sticky and Sweet, RHT (don't like the concept at all). I am not a fan of the Girlie Show opening either. VT is dull compared with what was yet to come. DWT is not my favourite but it's interesting just because it's a "stripped down" entrance. MDNA is very theatrical but maybe it's too much, with the monks and the thurible...

WTG is strong and interesting, but of course it can't compete with BAT and CT. RIT I remember so well the shivers at the entrance with the line "Behold I'm coming soon". So I would agree with @thelioncourtheart_that it's a TIE between BAT and CT.

MXT I still have to see.

1 minute ago, Enrico said:

Everytime it's difficult to decide.

Let's start from those openings that don't give me chills: the worst are for me Sticky and Sweet, RHT (don't like the concept at all). I am not a fan of the Girlie Show opening either. VT is dull compared with what was yet to come. DWT is not my favourite but it's interesting just because it's a "stripped down" entrance. MDNA is very theatrical but maybe it's too much, with the monks and the thurible...

WTG is strong and interesting, but of course it can't compete with BAT and CT. RIT I remember so well the shivers at the entrance with the line "Behold I'm coming soon". So I would agree with @thelioncourtheart_that it's a TIE between BAT and CT.

MXT I still have to see.

MDNA was amazing to experience live as well. The thunder claps, gun shots and whips were so loud in the arena. RHT was decent. The video projection was a marvel to see especially the second half of the Iconic backdrop before it leaked. The entrance was alright being lowered from a cage but nothing too exciting in my opinion. The thing about BAT and CT is that they are amazing in different ways. From the Metropolis inspired set up to Madonna rising as the superstar delivering insane choreo and star power to the brilliantly filmed backdrop before the disco ball opens revealing Madonna as the leader of her queendom. 

Express Yourself from Blonde Ambition has to be my favourite, I can't knock it at all. Also it's a culturally significant and iconic moment in western rock history. This was the opening that pretty much set the standard of concerts as we know them today. Even Bowie's legendary concerts didn't make an impact like M did. 

The close runner up is Erotica from the Girlie Show. 

Another iconic, if not underrated moment in M concert history. Every time I watch the Erotica opening when M is rising to the stage I keep thinking she's some how playing on the spoken lyrics from Rain where she goes 'I will raise you from the ground and without a sound you'll appear and surrender to me to love', yet she's rising to the ground and making the audience surrender to Dita and enchanting them to love her. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Future Lovers / I Feel Love - Confessions Tour
Girl Gone Wild - MDNA Tour

I gotta say that not only are those the most epic tour openers of all time by any artist, but also the transitions between the opening track and the second one is phenomenal in both, especially with Future Lovers to Get Together

Express Yourself on Blond Ambition is so iconic and sets the standard by which all other concerts are measured, but as I didn't see it myself i have to say Future Lovers. I got a last minute ticket to the concert and had not been following the tour so I had no idea what to expect. I was lucky enough to get second row, but that meant the end of the catwalk was behind me, so I didn't know where to look and missed a lot of it!!!! Lucky I could buy it on DVD.

• 3 months later...