2020 - Blond Ambition, I'm Breathless, Immaculate Collection and Vogue's 30th Anniversary Year

Guest Ashley

Is there any news or rumours about events or releases to celebrate the 30th Anniversary in 2020 of M's Blond Ambition Tour, I'm Breathless album, Vogue release as a single and The Immaculate Collection? 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

My dream is that we get Blond Ambition World Tour at Bercy Arena in Paris on 4K Blu Ray, a 4K Blu Ray director’s cut of Truth or Dare and a remastered box set release of The Immaculate Collection. But of course, none of that will ever happen.

As if, we're lucky if we get a special towel, underwear or a shirt of the tour or era to celebrate it.

If they ever put out an official DVD/BR of the tour it'd be either the Japan or Nice show since the Paris show is lost allegedly and any re releases of those records would be a simple new vinyl with a hype sticker. Nothing new or groundbreaking for its anniversary.

2 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

Probably not but we are still hoping for this - the LAP re-issue could certainly include most of this stuff plus I would love a blu ray of the remastered tour and music videos from this era - imagine how amazing vogue , express yourself and oh father could look ?

I love the fact that you're still pining for this LAP re-issue. 

Though as others mentioned, it will go by just like the other albums anniversaries.  Nothing much other than maybe some added cheesy merchandise to her store.

Don't forget that Spotify playlist featuring remixes of some of the songs from that era. "Rescue Me" will be no where to be found on the playlist though.  Also, possibly, re-uploading the promotional live Blond Ambition videos to Youtube for Like A VIrgin and Holiday.  

See Alanis' Jagged Little Pill 20th anniversary edition:

91HxYuqBU1L._SX425_.jpg

This new four-disc JAGGED LITTLE PILL: COLLECTOR'S EDITION includes remastered audio of the original album plus an entire disc of 10 unreleased demos from the era handpicked by Morissette from her archives, offering a deeper and more personal look at the classic album. Also included is a previously unreleased concert from 1995 as well as 2005's Jagged Little Pill Acoustic . Limited to 30,000 copies worldwide

In addition to selecting music for the set, Morissette dug into her personal collection to include never-before-seen photos and other ephemera from the time. She also contributes a new essay reflecting back on this time in her life along with stories behind the 10 demos she recorded between 1994-98, all of which are making their official debut here. The track "The Bottom Line" is possibly the most historically significant-it's the first song Morissette and album producer Glen Ballard wrote together within an hour of their very first meeting in 1994. Ballard also oversaw mixing and mastering for this collectors edition. 

Madonna and Pat Leonard, YOU LIVE, YOU LEARN!!!

Come on, it's Maverick Records!!!

You come, you see, you copy! WE LOVE, WE BUY!!

On 12/2/2019 at 7:02 AM, Enrico said:

91HxYuqBU1L._SX425_.jpg

This new four-disc JAGGED LITTLE PILL: COLLECTOR'S EDITION includes remastered audio of the original album plus an entire disc of 10 unreleased demos from the era handpicked by Morissette from her archives, offering a deeper and more personal look at the classic album. Also included is a previously unreleased concert from 1995 as well as 2005's Jagged Little Pill Acoustic . Limited to 30,000 copies worldwide

In addition to selecting music for the set, Morissette dug into her personal collection to include never-before-seen photos and other ephemera from the time. She also contributes a new essay reflecting back on this time in her life along with stories behind the 10 demos she recorded between 1994-98, all of which are making their official debut here. The track "The Bottom Line" is possibly the most historically significant-it's the first song Morissette and album producer Glen Ballard wrote together within an hour of their very first meeting in 1994. Ballard also oversaw mixing and mastering for this collectors edition. 

She’s also just announced a huge tour to commemorate the 25th anniversary. Maybe M just can’t be arsed. I mean she IS a busy girl. But still. 

On 12/2/2019 at 5:02 AM, Enrico said:

91HxYuqBU1L._SX425_.jpg

If only Madonna would do this too. ?

On 12/2/2019 at 6:02 AM, Enrico said:

91HxYuqBU1L._SX425_.jpg

One thing to keep in mind.  While this is great and all, and I know we all wish Madonna would offer such an anniversary collection for her past records, but with Alanis, this is pretty much her biggest album.  Anything before and after never quite was as successful. 

If I was going to make comparisons.  I would use U2 as an example in how they commemorate and celebrate their anniversaries with many remasters and extras.   Their current tour is based off their huge 80's album "Joshua Tree".  They have the same manager.  I know if Guy had his way, we would have more from Madonna.  He even stated once how he wish Madonna would tour simply on her Ray of Light album.  Much of the decisions are in Madonna's ball court and she won't approve such.