Madame X Tour | Philadelphia

Voguerista

50 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Why?  She fell off a horse! She got back on. You can't let fear keep you from living your life. 

True but this injury is in her knee. Too many steps etc right now can make her knee go out again. No way is it 100% healed imo. You have your opinion and I'll have mine, ok? Thanks. 

6 hours ago, Voguerista said:

True but this injury is in her knee. Too many steps etc right now can make her knee go out again. No way is it 100% healed imo. You have your opinion and I'll have mine, ok? Thanks. 

No - she should keep doing steps, so she can cancel more shows and inconvenience fans who paid a fortune. What you talking about?? (Being sarcastic - btw, completely agree with you) 

10 hours ago, Voguerista said:

None of us knows the true extent of her injury.  It's true; there has to be some recoup time.  But you can't just sit around all that time and hope it will mend.  You have to work it out.  That means going up and down steps.  That's why they send many people to "physical" therapy.  They just don't sit around.  Stairs will always be in her life, whether it's on tour or everyday life.

Anywho, it sounds like she put on another fantastic show and sounded great despite her late start again.  I'm curious when she gets to London if she'll be allowed to start that late, since they have ordinances for concerts to go on that late. 

2 hours ago, Enrico said:

She clearly still have problems with steps.

They should revise the staging of the show and limit her going up and down those stairs.

How many times does this happen? @stfan97

God Control

Vogue / IDSIF

Batuka

Medellin (also down to the audience)

Extreme occident

Like a prayer

She wouldn't be able to revise it at this point unless she changes the choreography of the whole show.  You don't notice how often the stairs are used unless you see multiple shows and really pay attention because of how seamless her movements usually are.

Unfortunately she doesn't seem willing/able to just stand there and sing or change the choreography so I'll hope for fans attending future shows on the tour that she is able to get through it without further last minute cancellations.

2 hours ago, MarXus said:

None of us knows the true extent of her injury.  It's true; there has to be some recoup time.  But you can't just sit around all that time and hope it will mend.  You have to work it out.  That means going up and down steps.  That's why they send many people to "physical" therapy.  They just don't sit around.  Stairs will always be in her life, whether it's on tour or everyday life.

Anywho, it sounds like she put on another fantastic show and sounded great despite her late start again.  I'm curious when she gets to London if she'll be allowed to start that late, since they have ordinances for concerts to go on that late. 

Exactly. When you injure yourself through movement, you have to heal through movement.

Glad she's up and going again.

25 minutes ago, Synchrone said:

Anyone knows if any celebrities in the audience last night? What time did the show start?

No idea on any celebs, but, here is more from a Fan at Madonna Tribe on time specifics, etc: 

RE: MADAME X TOUR: PHILADELPHIA

by allthewaymae » Sun Dec 08, 2019 6:24 pm

Just back from the show. The Met is beautiful inside. M seemed good as new. Though she was cold and kept asking for a coat. She wore the jacket from God Control for a few songs and a purple fur during the Polaroid bit (it sold for $3000) She went on at 11:22 and finished 1: 45. There was an announcement made that there was some technical difficulties during sound check so the start would be delayed.
She had a great crowd tonight. 
It was HOT up in the Loge ... so if your in the upper levels I suggest dressing light. 
There was a 10 year old girl sitting behind me and she knew every word to every song. She was crying with joy when it was over. I asked her how she became such a big Madonna fan and she said “I don’t know “ Ha
I would have loved if she could have be the beer bitch. So cute.
I got front row center Loge seats a few hours before the show for $132 on Live Nation. Great seats. 
Was on the floor in Brooklyn and it was great seeing her so close but this time I was able to see the whole production which is quite beautiful.

Yes sure!
For the Polaroid, a girl offered $2000 and as MADONNA was counting it another girl came over with $3000. I forget her name but she was a furniture designer and M asked her if she also designed coats bc she needed a coat. I guess all the heat was rising bc she was freezing down on that stage.
There were 2 beer bitches... Brandon and Gaydon (I think that was his name) She sat in between them. The 3 of them had a humorous exchange. Someone had yelled out “It’s my birthday” and she said “I don’t care about your birthday. I’m talking with Brandon and Gaydon. It’s their time.”   
Again she talked about how cold she was and called for her coat.... which I must say it took quite long for them to bring her a coat each time she requested lol.
Tony eventually came out with the God Control coat. 
Someone was recording it all so maybe the whole experience will be in her insta story today.

A great review of last night's show from  Music Mayhem Magazine ....  

https://musicmayhemmagazine.com/madonnas-madame-x-tour-brings-message-of-inclusion-and-equality-to-philadelphia-during-explosive-visual-spectacular/

MADONNA’s ‘Madame X’ Tour Brings Message of Inclusion and Equality to Philadelphia During Explosive Visual Spectacular

Andrew Wendowski  December 8, 2019Featured, Show Reviews

Madonna brought her ‘Madame X’ Tour into Philadelphia for a 4-night residency at The Met Philly in celebration of her fourteenth studio album, Madame X. Bringing the album to life with an extraordinary show that we would label as ‘The Ultimate Madonna Experience,’ as she is known to always bring quite the production but this time it was just something so much more incredible with the intimacy of the venue, which only holds 3,400. Fans of Madonna are accustomed to seeing her in arenas that hold upwards of 40,000 if not more, so this show brought fans much closer to the pop icon. This tour marks her first intimate theater stage performances since 2002 on her West End debut with Up for Grabs.

On this ‘Madame X’ Tour, Madonna requested that fans lock their phones up in Yondr cases which fans can keep with them for the show, while creating a phone-free experience, forcing fans to live in the moment to experience her truly unique, one-of-a-kind, very impressive performance. Transporting fans into her incredibly elaborate and unique world of, Madame X. Madonna graciously thanked her fans for living in the moment throughout the show and for showing up, knowing that they will not be able to use their phones for the duration of her performance.

As no different from a typical Madonna show, She brought along a visually stunning, hand crafted production that included projection screens, breathtakingly beautiful graphics that filled the projection screens perfectly matching each song throughout the show, vibrant lighting and different props including staircases, archways and more to create different sceneries throughout her show which was separated into what felt like different acts which was narrated by Madame X sitting upon a typewriter similar to what you can watch in her “God Control” music video. There wasn’t a single moment that the capacity crowd’s attention wasn’t grasped to the stage as it was a mesmerizing show. As Madonna fans know, she uses the genius, that is her artistic weirdness to craft a unique production for each of her tours which is where she finds her greatest successes, as the tours are always fabulous and this tour especially being a unique and breathtaking experience. Which as Madame X showcased in her typewritten quote from James Baldwin in the opening of the show, Madonna believes “artists are here to disturb the peace” and that is just what she does with this Madame X Tour.

After some “technical difficulties” the show launched at about 11:30pm as the red X-branded curtain opened unveiling Madonna singing her politically charged song “God Control,” from her Madame X album, as she was adorn in a bedazzled George Washington-esque jacket and tricorn hat behind a projection of the American flag and breaking news stories on gun violence throughout the world that needs to stop. This was not the only moment however during the show that Madame X brought a spotlight onto some very controversial topics such as gun violence, equality, women’s rights, bracing imperfections and more. Demanding a wake up call for all of these issues that the world faces everyday while also bringing along a message of inclusion for everyone no matter your gender, race or sexual preference.

“Human Nature” brought a sultry Madonna to the stage, then powering through her a capella version of “Express Yourself.” Madonna then sitting behind a shiny silver vanity as she had some comedic discussions with the crowd, joking with them and making for a very intimate conversation between her and her fans who were lucky enough to score a ticket into this exceptional performance. Madonna even joking that the venue was waiting for her performance and made for her as their are M’s adorn throughout the venues beautiful woodwork. As mentioned earlier, the show was a more intimate show which allowed Madonna to interact directly with fans throughout the evening at one point even auctioning off a self-captured Polaroid to fans in the crowd which one fans bid $3,000 dollars and won the one-of-a-kind Polaroid, in which Madonna told the sold out crowd that she would be donating the money to help children. Chatting with audience between songs, at one point even sitting down in an empty seat in the crowd and making small talk with one of the attendees named Gailand and Brandon.

We must note that throughout the evening Madonna brought out some sparkling outfits throughout the evening that really made her look stunning, from dresses to diamond-encrusted gowns and cloaks and bodysuits alike.

Striking a pose to “Vogue” while several other look-a-like dancers pranced around her in perfect sync making for a creative visual that looked like there was several Madonna’s onstage. Madge then giving a passionate speech about abortion and women’s rights after a brief performance of the first verse and chorus of “Papa Dont’ Preach” which caused a roaring applause supporting the cause that allows women to control their own bodies and rights. Next performing “American Life” which she played guitar during, as torn, bloody military uniforms and an American flag showered down from above onto an empty bed, concluding with a flag-draped coffin being slowly carried across the stage by soldiers before welcoming fans to her own Fado club.

Madonna even brought the ladies of The Batukadeiras Orchestra to perform “Batuka” as they gathered around Madge and pounded away at their drums in hand and flawlessly melodized their vocals together. She respectfully gave the spotlight to the Batukadeiras ladies for most of this songs performance before celebrating with them as the song came to a close.

She even gave fans the story behind her latest album, explaining how her move to Lisbon, Portugal to support her sons passion of being a soccer player found herself bored, lonely and rediscovering her inspiration for music through the Fado clubs of Lisbon. Performing “La Isla Bonita” and “Crazy” before a cover of the late Cesária Évora’s “Sodade.” Joining her onstage during this performance and throughout the evening was Évora’s grandson, Celeste Rodrigues, who even brought out a beer for Madonna as she told the crowd he was brought up correctly with manners.

Madonna’s dancers are top of the line and throughout the night had a perfectly choreographed dance routines for each and every song on the setlist. This was especially noted during the dramatic spoken word and deep breath part of “Rescue Me” where the projection screen unveiled a woman with her hair covering her face, bent all the way over as Madonna appeared behind the projections in which after the woman of the projection screen looked up to unveil that it was Lourdes, the first daughter of Madonna. However, this is not the first time during the show that Madonna included her children as her other three daughters including Mercy James, Estere Ciccone and Stelle Ciccone were present during several of the evenings dance routines  

“Medellín” brought out a cha cha explosion as the crowd was dancing their way through the song while roaring the lyrics along with Madge similar to her 2019 Billboard Music Awards performance production except this time her collaborator Maluma appeared a projection which she followed throughout the stage. After serenading the crowd on piano with “Future” she danced through her performance of the Swae Lee assisted “Crave.” Then appearing on the stage in her sparkling diamond-encrusted crossed filled black cloak with the oversized hood covering her face for the introduction of “Like A Prayer” with a backing choir all complete with church-like robes that had red X’s across the chest. Taking fans to church for an impressive performance of “Like A Prayer,” which ended in a massive sing-a-long that fans craved all night as Madonna was in the center of an X that was created by the staircase she was upon with the choir in the shape of an X. Returning to the stage at 1:45am for the anthemic pride song “I Rise” which completed her amazing performance as a rainbow flag covered the stages background.

Madonna’s ‘Madame X’ tour showcases her at her best, unapologetic self bringing her music to life with breathtaking, stunning visuals and an extraordinary production proving further why she is in fact the Queen of Pop and such the iconic performer that she is. If you get the chance to experience Madonna’s ‘Madame X’ Tour, I would highly recommend you do so cause then you will get to see the iconic performance that Madge created which is a force to be reckoned with from her most unique material yet off of her latest record, Madame X.

"She even gave fans the story behind her latest album, explaining how her move to Lisbon, Portugal to support her sons passion of being a soccer player found herself bored, lonely and rediscovering her inspiration for music through the Fado clubs of Lisbon. Performing “La Isla Bonita” and “Crazy” before a cover of the late Cesária Évora’s “Sodade.” Joining her onstage during this performance and throughout the evening was Évora’s grandson, Celeste Rodrigues, who even brought out a beer for Madonna as she told the crowd he was brought up correctly with manners."

YASSSS babyOh Yeah Happy Dance GIF by Madonna

12 minutes ago, madenis said:

"She even gave fans the story behind her latest album, explaining how her move to Lisbon, Portugal to support her sons passion of being a soccer player found herself bored, lonely and rediscovering her inspiration for music through the Fado clubs of Lisbon. Performing “La Isla Bonita” and “Crazy” before a cover of the late Cesária Évora’s “Sodade.” Joining her onstage during this performance and throughout the evening was Évora’s grandson, Celeste Rodrigues, who even brought out a beer for Madonna as she told the crowd he was brought up correctly with manners."

YASSSS babyOh Yeah Happy Dance GIF by Madonna

that's strange as i just read on another message board it was not performed

• Enrico unfeatured this topic