Poll: Music, Hung Up, or God Control?

Voguerista

Which is your favorite from these electrifying dance singles: Music, Hung Up, or God Control?  

50 members voted

1. 1. Which is your favorite from these electrifying dance singles: Music, Hung Up, or God Control?

Hung Up has an epic soundscape and the best middle 8 ever. I think she tries to ignore the song on tours because it still has the potential to overshadow many of her favourites like Holiday, La Isla Bonita and Music. The magical electricity of the video and the spectacular finale of the Confessions Tour are second to none.

Edited by Levon (see edit history)

3 hours ago, Voguerista said:

Which is your favorite from these electrifying dance singles: Music, Hung Up, or God Control?

They are all so good but, MUSIC is my very fave. God Control is my second fave. Hung Up would be my third fave.

Yep, totally agree with your order of favourites. It's the same for me. :)

The only thing with God Control I didn't like was the music video. Too similar to the Pulse Nightclub shooting. Could have been done way smarter as well to make a broader message about gun violence in wide U.S. society and culture IMO. 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Yep, totally agree with your order of favourites. It's the same for me. :)

The only thing with God Control I didn't like was the music video. Too similar to the Pulse Nightclub shooting. Could have been done way smarter as well to make a broader message about gun violence in wide U.S. society and culture IMO. 

Well, she was sending a message by referencing Pulse and places that were once a haven for marginalized groups of people. I doubt setting it in Columbine or Sandy Hook would have done the same thing and since it's based in disco, a club setting is perfect for the message.

4 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Well, she was sending a message by referencing Pulse and places that were once a haven for marginalized groups of people. I doubt setting it in Columbine or Sandy Hook would have done the same thing and since it's based in disco, a club setting is perfect for the message.

That's not what the Pulse survivors  who have spoken out about the video have thought. 

It could have been done a lot more effectively and made a cultural impact IMO. 

13 hours ago, Ashley said:

That's not what the Pulse survivors  who have spoken out about the video have thought. 

It could have been done a lot more effectively and made a cultural impact IMO. 

That's their opinion and they are entitled to it. It doesn't take away from the message Madonna made with the video in that death and loose gun control laws played a hand in the events that have happened.

The video nor song was never going to be given attention if it didn't rattle cages. This is not 2001-2005.

Well "Music" was kind of revolutionary for Madonna , follows that Daft Punk underground sound that they use in their "Homework". Madonna makes trends with it . :eyes:

"Hung Up" was like atomic bomb that burned and destroyed everything around .

That deep Stuart beat , disco ball lights ,Madonna that f*cks boombox in pink leotard.....damn its top of pop culture heaven :lol: 
The perfect example of using a sample ,but in her own way, its hard to believe but it overshadow original by ABBA ! :drama:

God Control... there is something wrong with it
 i mean it have nice elements but it miss a typical pop song structure ,  verses , chorus hooks ..that repeated words "wake up" its not enough for me :coffee:

so HU is a winner but i save a little room for Music too :bananawave: