Box Set Pre Confessions?

Gaviinj

I think that boxset is somehow linked to why there are no Madonna singles up on digital retailers pre-2005.

The boxset was supposed to happen in 2004 after the RIT.

Personally, I think they're still sitting on it and awaiting the right moment to release it.

But that was at a time when Madonna's management was focused on her music, not her touring revenue and getting rich THROUGH her.

In 2003, Madonna planned to release a special commemorative box set to celebrate her twentieth anniversary in the music business and the release of her first studio album, Madonna, in 1983. The plan for the box set was eventually cancelled and Remixed & Revisited was conceived in its place.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1469840/madonna-box-set-will-mark-20th-anniversary-of-her-first-lp/

Just now, rlittler81 said:

I think I remember reading on Madonna's official website that Tracy Young did a remix of either 'Holiday' or 'Where's The Party' around this time which was meant to be included on some sort of remix album.

It was Over and Over. Peter Rauhofer did Erotica. Apparently, Madonna - or someone else, never confirmed - had recorded new vocals for the remix.

It's sad that they didn't use that project instead of whatever Celebration was. And sadly, I suspect that Warner doesn't really care anymore and whatever was digitized was probably lost or deleted (and maybe that's why we keep getting fan edits or mp3 to wav converted audios when we get new stuff from back then uploaded).

5 hours ago, devilpray said:

It's sad that they didn't use that project instead of whatever Celebration was. And sadly, I suspect that Warner doesn't really care anymore and whatever was digitized was probably lost or deleted (and maybe that's why we keep getting fan edits or mp3 to wav converted audios when we get new stuff from back then uploaded).

What was “digitized” was done by Stuart Price, and was started in 2001. They’re still used today, now via the hands of Kevin Antunes. 

How would a box set happen now when the bulk of M's catalogue is with Warner/SIre and the rest Interscope? 

If she had stayed with Warner/Sire I think we would have seen a box set by now or one in the pipeline. 

20 minutes ago, Ashley said:

How would a box set happen now when the bulk of M's catalogue is with Warner/SIre and the rest Interscope? 

If she had stayed with Warner/Sire I think we would have seen a box set by now or one in the pipeline. 

They would have to reach an agreement unless she somehow got a hold of her masters'. Warners did the bare bones collection of her albums after she left that screamed bargain release due to its minimal effort.

If she stayed with Warners, yes there'd be some incentives but a member on another forum who knew a lot of the background of her situation said she does have to sign off on certain things to be released, not sure if that includes her unreleased stuff as well.

If she were more popular at the moment im sure warner would consider releasing back catalogue stuff to cash in... and the amount of effort they'll make is the amount of money they think they'll make. In recent years we got poor quality releases with photocopied sleeves from them, that says a lot...

It's going to either take her death or a huge switch in general public's perception for a Greatest hits or a Box Set to do well for her.  The fan base isn't enough and way too fickle.  She'll never include enough for the fans and it will never be up to their standards because most fans are off in La La Land! 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I read that Stuart Price was involved in the project and was going to remaster the albums in DVDA format - but I don’t know whether this is true or not. But wouldn’t it be fantastic if it’s true and they use the Stuart Price remaster of the Like a Prayer album for the 30th anniversary edition? 

On 12/5/2019 at 9:55 AM, Nobody Knows Me said:

I read that Stuart Price was involved in the project and was going to remaster the albums in DVDA format - but I don’t know whether this is true or not. But wouldn’t it be fantastic if it’s true and they use the Stuart Price remaster of the Like a Prayer album for the 30th anniversary edition? 

It’s true. All albums remastered in dvd audio. There would have been extras too. Remixes, b-sides, and unreleased. Which is why we got Your Honesty. The artwork for the box was confirmed to be done by legend Kevin Reagan.

Caresse was even looking into getting all the tours on DVD, and a live package of tv / award show performances. She tried. But AL suffered lackluster sales, so Warner’s cancelled the project. All we got was remixed & revisited. And a fan club exclusive “book.” She even tried to get another remix album off the ground (remixes that were prob part of the box set), but that ended up getting shelved too. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
6 hours ago, deathproof said:

It’s true. All albums remastered in dvd audio. There would have been extras too. Remixes, b-sides, and unreleased. Which is why we got Your Honesty. The artwork for the box was confirmed to be done by legend Kevin Reagan.

Caresse was even looking into getting all the tours on DVD, and a live package of tv / award show performances. She tried. But AL suffered lackluster sales, so Warner’s cancelled the project. All we got was remixed & revisited. And a fan club exclusive “book.” She even tried to get another remix album off the ground (remixes that were prob part of the box set), but that ended up getting shelved too. 

This is absolutely devastating. I really hope they finish this project and release it for the next big greatest hits collection but it’s highly unlikely now that she’s left Warner Bros. I pray that this anniversary reissue of Like a Prayer will be the Stuart Price DVDA remaster, but again, unlikely. 

sad cry me a river GIF