Rate Stuart Price's "List Of Works" With Madonna

Voguerista

I love Stuart Price. I would die and go to heaven if Madonna ever worked with him again. So, below are his "list of works" with Madonna whether it be writing, collaborations, or remixing, etc. (I hope I included them all. If I didn't, please let me know. Add them to your lists). If you were to rate them from best to worst, how would you do so? I'll post my list in a post below.

X-Static Process

Hollywood

Hung Up

Get Together

Sorry

I Love New York

Let It Will Be

Forbidden Love

Jump

How High

Isaac

Push

Miles Away

I wouldn't know where to begin or how to rate.. :cryin: 

Some of my favorite things he did:

Hollywood (Thin White Duke Remix)

Erotica/You Thrill Me (Confessions Tour)

Let It Will Be (Paper Faces Remix)

Hung Up

The Beast Within (Re-Invention Tour)

Live To Tell (Confessions Tour)

Holiday (Re-Invention Tour)

Sorry (Confessions Tour Interlude Remix)

4 minutes ago, Fighter said:

I wouldn't know where to begin or how to rate.. :cryin: 

Some of my favorite things he did:

Hollywood (Thin White Duke Remix)

Erotica/You Thrill Me (Confessions Tour)

Let It Will Be (Paper Faces Remix)

Hung Up

The Beast Within (Re-Invention Tour)

Live To Tell (Confessions Tour)

Holiday (Re-Invention Tour)

Sorry (Confessions Tour Interlude Remix)

Good ones! I love his inputs on these creations too! Especially Erotica/You Thrill Me. 

Stuart Price is someone I think worked well on the Drowned World Tour for M, yet she should have moved him on from being a major player in her posse after that. I don't think their collaboration did the careers of either of them well in the long term. 

I've said this before, yet the Guy Ritchie era for M was a massive fail. I have a feeling if M was a free agent during those years we may have had a few more ground breaking albums musically. MX could have even been born during that time as well. Even Music has all the right chemistry, yet you can tell it could have been really magical if she didn't have the shackles of Ritchie. 

It's like a damp hessian cloth was put over the lamp of creativity and genius and it's never really started to recover until now with MX. 

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

Stuart Price is someone I think worked well on the Drowned World Tour for M, yet she should have moved him on from being a major player in her posse after that. I don't think their collaboration did the careers of either of them well in the long term. 

I've said this before, yet the Guy Ritchie era for M was a massive fail. I have a feeling if M was a free agent during those years we may have had a few more ground breaking albums musically. MX could have even been born during that time as well. Even Music has all the right chemistry, yet you can tell it could have been really magical if she didn't have the shackles of Ritchie. 

It's like a damp hessian cloth was put over the lamp of creativity and genius and it's never really started to recover until now with MX. 

What are you talking about?  Confessions on the Dancefloor was highly successful.  That was the height of their collaboration. After that, Stuart was sought after by many major artists at the time. 

As for the topic;  I really loved Stuart's work with Madonna.  I really loved how he re-worked a lot of her old stuff as well.  "Everybody" on the promo tours was one of the best oldies revamped.  I also loved what he did with "Live To Tell" on Confessions Tour.  I can go on and on, and like @Vogueristastated, I wouldn't mind seeing them collaborate on another album. Though, I wouldn't expect the same magic would be there, just like if Patrick Leonard or Stephen Bray re-entered the picture. She's always wanting her albums to sound very current or progressive, even if some of her past albums were sounding like she was following trends rather ahead of them.  

8 hours ago, MarXus said:

What are you talking about?  Confessions on the Dancefloor was highly successful.  That was the height of their collaboration. After that, Stuart was sought after by many major artists at the time. 

As for the topic;  I really loved Stuart's work with Madonna.  I really loved how he re-worked a lot of her old stuff as well.  "Everybody" on the promo tours was one of the best oldies revamped.  I also loved what he did with "Live To Tell" on Confessions Tour.  I can go on and on, and like @Vogueristastated, I wouldn't mind seeing them collaborate on another album. Though, I wouldn't expect the same magic would be there, just like if Patrick Leonard or Stephen Bray re-entered the picture. She's always wanting her albums to sound very current or progressive, even if some of her past albums were sounding like she was following trends rather ahead of them.  

Confessions was a good commercial mainstream hit. It's definitely not a definitive Madonna album. 

I'm certain history will show that SP wasn't the best choice. 

6 hours ago, Ashley said:

Confessions was a good commercial mainstream hit. It's definitely not a definitive Madonna album. 

Confessions was the definitive Madonna album of the 2000's.  #truth. 

to awnser the question, x-static process is without a doubt my favorite SP collaboration, after that maybe erotica for confessions tour and most of the reworkings for re-invention. Though I always whish she kept SP as musical director for her tours I'm not that keen on their recordings. Confessions, to me, is one of the most overrated M albums and definitly not the definitive album of the 2000's, both Music and AL are way more Madonnaesque and frankly just better. I think sticky and sweet got a bit in the way, as I can't see stuart making anything urban or hip hop work in his favor, it's natural she wanted a different direction, but every tour since would have benefitted form stuart's touch. I think he has a real understanding of what makes a madonna song, and that translates really well live and with the oldies. At the same time that is also the problem I have with confessions, it all sounds too much like how you would expect a madonna record would sound, without having any real umph or urgency in the time it was released. That said Forbidden Love is an absolute gem ;-)

6 hours ago, maxijazz said:

I would have loved Celebration (the best of, not the track) to be fully mixed by Stuart Price. As in a new fresh take on the classics. As what was done for The Immaculate Collection mixed by Shep back in the days. 

This!!?

Love the reworking he did on old classic M tracks for the RIT. ONLY wished he would use the full vocals on the tracks. For example on PDP (RIT) and Everybody (CPT) he skipped verses/bridges and choruses.

46 minutes ago, Jorick said:

This!!?

Love the reworking he did on old classic M tracks for the RIT. ONLY wished he would use the full vocals on the tracks. For example on PDP (RIT) and Everybody (CPT) he skipped verses/bridges and choruses.

Love that he included some samples from Where’s the party in his Music CT remix as well ❤️

16 hours ago, Ashley said:

I'm sorry!  But you are simply wrong.  It is a definitive album in her career. Just like albums like Like A Prayer and Ray of Light are. Stuart Price has already proven many times over he was the right choice.  Most fans love he was part of that album and what he did with that album, promo tour and tour. 

22 hours ago, Sultrysully said:

Confessions was the definitive Madonna album of the 2000's.  #truth. 

Whenever I ask any non Madonna fan their favourite song or album they bought, it's always Hung Up/Confessions. That brought Madonna a huge new fan base again. It's an album I could listen to right through - until Push. I loved how he made all the songs join together.

20 hours ago, Pretender1978 said:

I think sticky and sweet got a bit in the way, as I can't see stuart making anything urban or hip hop work in his favor, it's natural she wanted a different direction, but every tour since would have benefitted form stuart's touch. I think he has a real understanding of what makes a madonna song, and that translates really well live and with the oldies.

I agree he has a real understanding of her songs and reworking. I think if she hadn't went down the route of collaborating with other artists and trying urban/hip-hop to appeal to a younger crowd has what hurt her career and a lot of semi Madonna fans deserted her after that.

Also, I think if she hadn't chosen this, then she would still have Stuart Price on tour. After all she has kept Jamie King and Monte and Kevin. She was annoyed and stopped working with Stuart because he got it on with her PA Angela (who is lovely). I'm sure they have a child together now.

10 hours ago, Alan Leggate said:

I agree he has a real understanding of her songs and reworking. I think if she hadn't went down the route of collaborating with other artists and trying urban/hip-hop to appeal to a younger crowd has what hurt her career and a lot of semi Madonna fans deserted her after that.

Also, I think if she hadn't chosen this, then she would still have Stuart Price on tour. After all she has kept Jamie King and Monte and Kevin. She was annoyed and stopped working with Stuart because he got it on with her PA Angela (who is lovely). I'm sure they have a child together now.

Which is strange because when she was first releasing music before all the videos, she was thought of being a black artist.  Like A Virgin had a bit of urban flavor to the album.  Furthermore, she was no stranger to Hip hop and urban music when she released music like "Justify My Love", Erotica and Bedtime Stories albums. 

One thing that I've noticed, even though she may have lost fans throughout certain eras, there were always new fans jumping aboard.  So I think she will always have a decent base of fans for the rest of her career because the fact she keeps changing it up album to album.

19 hours ago, Alan Leggate said:

Not sure about them falling out, he still praised her decision to work with Timbaland and remixed Miles Away, this was when Angela was no longer her manager (she was the manager after Carrese). Maybe, and I know this sounds crazy, he didn't want to tour anymore? I mean it's not for everyone, and Madonna just signed a huge touring deal, which would mean he wouldn't be availlable to produce other acts at the hight of his own carreer for huge swatches of time or so, nor see his new love interest...;-) Also he already did 3 tours and a bunch of appearances, so maybe he wanted something different