RIP Danny Aiello

Enrico

Sad news to hear of his passing such a talented [Oscar nominated] actor and he was just perfect playing her Papa even though he had no idea who Madonna was back then, and jokingly saying it was terrible working with her and  her daughter still hates her to this day! Great sense of humour! 

2 hours ago, Ryder said:

Sad news to hear of his passing such a talented [Oscar nominated] actor and he was just perfect playing her Papa even though he had no idea who Madonna was back then, and jokingly saying it was terrible working with her and  her daughter still hates her to this day! Great sense of humour! 

Was it a joke?  I'm not sure he actually felt it was "terrible", but he was hardly impressed by Madonna.  She was on top of the world by then, but she came off rude to a lot of people even on her way up.  But let's not forget, she knew it was a man's world and she had to be ruthless to get to the top and remain there as long as she has.  What confuses me is how some women knock her for being as strong as she has.  She's hardly been known to be the nicest entertainer, but we know she's always been determined to remain strong and show she is a great entertainer, despite what she lacked in being truly a talented singer.

As for Danny, he was a great actor in his own right, so may he rest in peace.  I don't begrudge him for his thoughts of Madonna.  Though, I don't feel he disliked her to a great deal, just wasn't too impressed.

17 hours ago, Enrico said:

I feel so sorry to hear of Danny Aiello's passing.

I love Moonstruck.

Despite being a true 80s child, I didn't know until today thay he sang the fathers's reply to Papa don't preach:

Well, there was no Youtube then!

I never knew that he made a reply song to Papa Don't Preach. :(

12 hours ago, MarXus said:

Was it a joke?  I'm not sure he actually felt it was "terrible", but he was hardly impressed by Madonna.  She was on top of the world by then, but she came off rude to a lot of people even on her way up.  But let's not forget, she knew it was a man's world and she had to be ruthless to get to the top and remain there as long as she has.  What confuses me is how some women knock her for being as strong as she has.  She's hardly been known to be the nicest entertainer, but we know she's always been determined to remain strong and show she is a great entertainer, despite what she lacked in being truly a talented singer.

As for Danny, he was a great actor in his own right, so may he rest in peace.  I don't begrudge him for his thoughts of Madonna.  Though, I don't feel he disliked her to a great deal, just wasn't too impressed.

C'mon 1st of all how can he not have had no idea who Madonna was? Danny accepted to do it with the condition if her daughter was permitted on the set taking pictures with Madonna.

Sean Penn asked him because M had asked him but you can read link below about his interview from few years back...

Hidden Content

Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

7 hours ago, Ryder said:

C'mon 1st of all how can he not have had no idea who Madonna was? Danny accepted to do it with the condition if her daughter was permitted on the set taking pictures with Madonna.

Sean Penn asked him because M had asked him but you can read link below about his interview from few years back...

Hidden Content

• Give reaction to this post to see the hidden content.

Are you talking to me? I never said he didn't know who Madonna was.  I simply said he wasn't impressed with her. And yes, I have seen that interview before.  It was through Sean Penn that Madonna got him to play the part.