What to expect after Madame X era?

nito84bcn

What to expect after the last Madame X Tour show of next year? 
I wouldn’t like a huge break of 4 years again. That didn’t do any favours to her after Hard candy and after Rebel heart, not commercially, not physically. It was a really slow wait on her social media and boring even for hardcore fans. When the record was released everyone were already switching to other things or artists...

I doubt that an arena tour or a revamped version of Madame X shows for bigger places will happen after all...

But I think Madame X album and videos are the door for a more experimental Madonna with visuals and music. Not worried about comercial results and with more freedom to do what she feels. It will be the ending of the famous Live Nation 360 deal aswell... I also think that her streamming numbers are improving and maybe if she push the correct buttons she can switch her popularity to a good position again.

What can we expect? 

Edited by nito84bcn (see edit history)

I don’t think we can expect any sort of world tour. This one really has done her in and she’s still got some time to go... I hope she RELAXES and RESTS but isn’t silent or not busy. I want that bitch to break into that “archive” and find “those tapes” that she “can’t find”. 
Child I see you. I know you got something up your sleeve.

I think and hope she plans to rest and relax too.  Then after a few years, I hope she releases a new album and plans to do a greatest hits or Reinvention type tour with it. I think a residency in Vegas for a time would be a cool idea for her too if she's not up to all the traveling. 

Madonna herself stated that she wasn't planning to work on new material and put out an album as she moved to Lisbon. She was intending to produce a new movie or something.

I may be wrong, but I guess it´ll take us a while before having another album and/or tour. Especially after her knee injury. Probably she´s going to undergo a knee surgery or other proper treatment and settle down for some time. I don´t think we are seeing the last of her. But what if she decides to stay out of the spotlight for the time being, e.g  the gap we had between  the Girlie Show and Drowned World  Tour? 

Edited by Vinny Fonseca (see edit history)

32 minutes ago, Vinny Fonseca said:

Madonna herself stated that she wasn't planning to work on new material and put out an album as she moved to Lisbon. She was intending to produce a new movie or something.

I may be wrong, but I guess it´ll take us a while before having another album and/or tour. Especially after her knee injury. Probably she´s going to undergo a knee surgery or other proper treatment and settle down for some time. I don´t think we are seeing the last of her. But what if she decides to stay out of the spotlight for the time being, e.g  the gap we had between  the Girlie Show and Drowned World  Tour? 

I don’t think she could ever pull a stay out of the spotlight stunt now. She’s wildly invested in social media at the moment. However, I agree with you about her knee. Knees are the worst. I shattered my kneecap 15 years ago. And if she slows down, maybe there’ll be nothing for her to post. I feel like after this tour it’ll be a mish mash of her children taking over her Instagram. Until BOOM. She does a promo photo shoot for her new boxed set of HD Tours In 4K resolution...... sorry I’m thinking of Wham!

She wasn’t out of the spotlight at all between Girlie Show and Drowned World. In between she had 3 successful studio albums, Evita, awards, performances... For me the worst hiatus time was between Hard candy and MDNA... but I get your point about touring.

I don’t expect a tour soon again, but what about shaking a little the tired formula of waiting to have a tour ready in order to have an album? Maybe she can record more music in one year, perform here and there on open festivals or shows... the time is not doing her favours anymore. Also she can start to work with different collaborators, new coreographers... someone professional that can tell her how to use her body in a different way instead of trying to force the machine to achieve what she did in 2008-2012. I was suffering when I saw her dancing ‘I don’t search I find’ on that clip that she posted the other day... 

Edited by nito84bcn (see edit history)

On 12/18/2019 at 11:50 PM, nito84bcn said:

I was suffering when I saw her dancing ‘I don’t search I find’ on that clip that she posted the other day... 

So was I! That was sort of cringy and I felt bad for her.

Especially because some mean people took the chance to bash her by saying she´s decadent when in fact she was struggling to push her limits and make a statement. I mean, what´s the point? She´s way above it all! She just needs to realize that. 

Edited by Vinny Fonseca (see edit history)

As I said before, in her iheartradio interview she basically said she had no intention of recording an album at that point, it was the inspiration from Portugal that got her into it. Basically I think we were lucky to get anything when we did (even though I am not a Madam X fan) and I would be surprised if it isn't the same going forward.

You will have to wait from now on for Madonna to be in the mood. I don't think she has any ongoing contractual obligations and seemed pretty happy to just chill in Portugal.

With this tour being physically taxing on her, I get the feeling she won't be too hard to convince to stay put and kick her feet up. 

My personal view is, if she can't be a truly active participant on stage, if her body just isn't up to doing what she wants it to, chances of another tour are slim. I think if she does tour, it will continue to be small scale and only if her body will co-operate. There is no way she will do a Cher or Celine and mostly stand and walk about the stage. No offense to those ladies as I love em both. But that isn't Madonna and I am not sure she will ever be happy with that.

Sadly, I think that after the ending of the Madame X era she's going to have a lengthy hiatus (4-5 years or so).

But at this point, I think that she should focus on recording as much music as possible, collaborating with other artists and involving in experimental projects, instead of doing an exhausting tour.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

It would be fantastic if she‘s planning a big arena tour in the next few years, but I can’t see that happening anymore. It’s most likely she’ll rest after the tour for a while, which is probably for the best. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
19 minutes ago, mirtillo said:

November 2020 - Madame X Tour DVD/BR/CD2

October 2022 - GH 40 Years (40 HITS plus 5 New Songs)

I’d love them to do a big 40th anniversary box set like they’d planned for her 20th anniversary.

I dream of a big hit, a very catchy, well produce, and addictive single that she would release anonymously (by singing maybe a little differently) to prove to the whole industry that you have to listen with your ears without judging by age. 

No more world tour, but maybe some "one night only" in the cities she likes

She over tour with live nation. She must recreate the wait (what Streisand does is very smart even if it's a nightmare for the fans)

All her deals are now over.

The days Madonna felt like she had something to prove as well. It's telling she's not into this pop star act as she used to and that's okay. She doesn't give us new material between breaks, she doesn't keep herself on the spotlight between eras, etc...

She did that for over 3 decades and after Hard Candy it was obvious something changed. 

It's also clear she tried to make that one movie and couldn't get the financial support she wanted so it kind of fell apart. 

I have no idea what's next but i think it's time to look back. Laugh all you want but re-issues of every single album she ever did, will give her more sales than Madame X era gave her. People are salivating for those, even old time fans that don't care about her anymore. 

I have no idea why we still don't have netflix deals on all her tours and stuff like that.

A book would be nice or a retrospective documentary with her current views on older garbage. Don't look back, no regrets, etc. but still it might be fun to hear her views in book and audiobook form. Tbh I'd like to see her do a sit-down interview show kinda like Red Table Talk where she can do whatever the fuck she wants with whomever. She could re-visit "In Bed with Madonna" and literally interview people in bed. 

I love the idea of the tours boxed set but I doubt that would happen. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I would also really love it if she sat down for an hour (or more) long video really talking about all her albums, her more underrated work, tours etc and how she feels about it now. That’d be really interesting to hear.

I remember getting chills when she talked about Rescue Me in the billboard interview. Literal chills.

She'll simply take a break and begin work on the films she wanted to do or do random magazine shoots or events in the meanwhile of making said film or perhaps take down time for her mothering and family duties.

Unless she feels inspired to record another record, I doubt it and since she's seemingly finished her contract, I wouldn't expect anything unless she's signed another deal or some sort of DVD/BR of the tour is released or a compilation/anniversary set as rumored.

As for fans, we'll have long debates of what should have been the first single, why Medellin flopped, why God Control was not pushed for a single, the many flaws of the Madame X tour, has it finished her touring reputation, when the DVD or has the show been filmed, whether any music on her Instagram stories is for her new album, random plastic surgery debates etc. :laughing:

Her new music isn't selling anymore and she is struggling to fill her tour venues, so I would hope to see her take a break from the industry for a short while. It would be a really great opportunity to for her to dive into her back catalogue and give the green-light on some remastered special edition releases of her hit albums and live videos. It would be perfect to somehow reignite interest in her legacy, and may actually help the success of any future new material. I hope to goodness that there are no more movies, either as actor or director... it's not really her strong point.

Didnt know where to post this.

Céline Dion and Madonna reign the Billboard readers song of the year poll
BY MADONNATRIBE · DECEMBER 18, 2019

When the Billboard staff compiled their list of the 50 best albums of the year, Madame X made it at No. 46. But when they asked the fans, the latest Madonna album was the top fan favourite with 47% of the votes, followed by Celine Dion’s Courage (25%) and Ariana Grande’s thank u, next (7%).

Billboard made a similar request after their staff picked up the 100 best songs of 2019, and asked the readers to vote their own song of the year. Once again, the votes overwhelmingly went to two pop divas.

It’s worth noticing how Billboard highlights how the songs they picked up did when it was the time to give their readers the mic – listing in a somehow bizarre way which were the top three fan favorites among their own poll picks.

As for the write-in picks, the list of the top 10 most popular songs below looks rather different and brings you back to the times when fandom had a stronger impact on music editors and awards shows.

The 2019 chart is topped by Imperfections by Céline Dion, who also has three more songs from her latest album in the list. Following at No. 2 is Madame X herself with Medellín feat. Maluma.
Madonna and Céline alone make the most of the list as the Queen of Pop has two more tracks in: Crave feat. Swae Lee at No. 5, and God Control at No. 7.

The 10 most popular songs fans selected for 2019 are:

1- Céline Dion, Imperfections

2- Madonna, Medellín feat. Maluma

3- Big Wreck, Too Far Gone

4- Céline Dion, Courage

5- Madonna, Crave feat. Swae Lee

6- Céline Dion, Flying On My Own

7- Madonna, God Control

8- Tones and I, Dance Monkey

9- Céline Dion, Lying Down

10- Taylor Swift, You Need to Calm Down

2 hours ago, Derby said:

Didnt know where to post this.

Céline Dion and Madonna reign the Billboard readers song of the year poll
BY MADONNATRIBE · DECEMBER 18, 2019

When the Billboard staff compiled their list of the 50 best albums of the year, Madame X made it at No. 46. But when they asked the fans, the latest Madonna album was the top fan favourite with 47% of the votes, followed by Celine Dion’s Courage (25%) and Ariana Grande’s thank u, next (7%).

Billboard made a similar request after their staff picked up the 100 best songs of 2019, and asked the readers to vote their own song of the year. Once again, the votes overwhelmingly went to two pop divas.

It’s worth noticing how Billboard highlights how the songs they picked up did when it was the time to give their readers the mic – listing in a somehow bizarre way which were the top three fan favorites among their own poll picks.

As for the write-in picks, the list of the top 10 most popular songs below looks rather different and brings you back to the times when fandom had a stronger impact on music editors and awards shows.

The 2019 chart is topped by Imperfections by Céline Dion, who also has three more songs from her latest album in the list. Following at No. 2 is Madame X herself with Medellín feat. Maluma.
Madonna and Céline alone make the most of the list as the Queen of Pop has two more tracks in: Crave feat. Swae Lee at No. 5, and God Control at No. 7.

The 10 most popular songs fans selected for 2019 are:

1- Céline Dion, Imperfections

2- Madonna, Medellín feat. Maluma

3- Big Wreck, Too Far Gone

4- Céline Dion, Courage

5- Madonna, Crave feat. Swae Lee

6- Céline Dion, Flying On My Own

7- Madonna, God Control

8- Tones and I, Dance Monkey

9- Céline Dion, Lying Down

10- Taylor Swift, You Need to Calm Down

This is awesome! Thanks!