Could you work for Madonna?

MarXus

I'm not meaning just on tour either.  Could you work for Madonna on a daily basis?  We know she can be quite demanding and expect a lot from those who work for her.  I know her dancers are put through the ringer and she doesn't tolerate laziness.  I'm sure those who work as her assistants, trainers or even in her homes, etc. are put through a tough background check and are expected to be trustworthy. So what say you? Could you hack it employed by Madonna? 

Madonna_Riding_Crop.jpg

Good question. 

I'll say no and that goes for all celebrities of Madonna's calibre. You need to have a certain type of personalty to deal with all the diverse environments they work in and all the celebrity nonsense and entertainment industry toxicity (e.g. Weinstein) which goes with it. 

Also when this question is asked I do think of poor Caresse Henry and what Christopher Ciccone wrote about working for his sister in his book. 

I adore her as a musician and artist, but I don't even think I would really like her as a private person. She is an icon, goddess and a tough business woman - but maybe not the best friend for ordinary people outside of her very small inner circle.

I could never work for her on a daily basis because i have my own life and i want to keep it.

Edited by Levon (see edit history)

I think she'd toss her MDNA kit at me after shooting down her suggestion of adding "Candy Shop" on her next tour setlist. I think we as fans would probably annoy her pushing for things like sets, reissues, proper video uploads and she'd be there snapping selfies completely ignoring us. :laughing:

13 hours ago, Levon said:

I adore her as a musician and artist, but I don't even think I would really like her as a private person. She is an icon, goddess and a tough business woman - but maybe not the best friend for ordinary people outside of her very small inner circle.

I could never work for her on a daily basis because i have my own life and i want to keep it.

I'm thinking the same.  I think you have to be a special person to really get close to her.  I think she probably is a pussy cat in her personal life, but watch out when she's doing business.  I do think in the right circumstance, it might be easy to get along with her.  Though, she's always been demanding, even before she was a huge star.

It would depend on what the job was but I'd love doing something in her wardrobe or costuming areas. I worked in a woman's clothing store for 13 years and loved working with women with diverse personalities, tastes, backgrounds, and personalities. So I think I could do this and even if she got moody.

Such a great question!! Loved it!

On 12/24/2019 at 8:58 PM, thelioncourtheart_ said:

I think she'd toss her MDNA kit at me after shooting down her suggestion of adding "Candy Shop" on her next tour setlist. I think we as fans would probably annoy her pushing for things like sets, reissues, proper video uploads and she'd be there snapping selfies completely ignoring us. :laughing:

Exactly this. I’d be fired after 2 days for pushing for the Blonde Ambition BluRay or casually suggesting her removing the butt implants. 

1 hour ago, louis.exe said:

I feel like she would be weary of hiring a fan 

Depends on the fan. Imagine if someone said "Your fans want your tours on a proper format. Your YouTube channel has poor quality videos. So are we getting bonuses, re-releases or nah?"

She'd no doubt throw that MDNA skin vibrator at you and fire you in a second. :laughing:

47 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I could gladly take charge of the annual wall calendars!

I am pretty sure I can make a better calendar than the 2020 one  :laughing:

But also the 2019 one :lord:

"Enrico, be sure to use that selfie of me look downward a few times and use some from my photoshoot last year in that Vogue spread!" 

In my personal life I am lazy but my work ethic is very good. She would probaly like my no nonsense approach to work. No phones, no fooling around...I'm honest and often put work's needs ahead of my own. I'm respectful of management but do have a problem if they are unfair to me in anyway. 

The things I think would bother her about me would be that I apologize a lot, can be slow in my work...not from laziness but perfectionism. I can also be emotional. I am also very concerned with how people feel about me. I am also easily hurt by blunt criticism. I need to feel supported. I am not "late" but I also do not manage time well. I am like the tortoise. 

I guess it would depend on what she would hire me for because I do have some traits I think she would like. 

Yes I could and would. I would be honoured. You learn a lot working for difficult people, they can be stressful but also very inspiring and it changes your life. I have done it with lesser mortals so Madonna would be the ultimate experience.

I don’t know if she’d want to hire fans though?

1 hour ago, Zaktkoons said:

I think I'm too sensitive to work for Madonna. I love and admire her too much, if she were rude to me (in a non joking way ofc), I would be devastated. I don't think she's quite as difficult as most people make her seem though. I believe she's just very disciplined and hard-working 

A lot of people are difficult and demanding in the world. If you don’t take it personally you are fine. I very much doubt she is like that the majority of the time. If she was people wouldn’t want to work for her.

4 hours ago, THE ROSE MIST said:

A lot of people are difficult and demanding in the world. If you don’t take it personally you are fine. I very much doubt she is like that the majority of the time. If she was people wouldn’t want to work for her.

You're right.  We've never (that I recall) hear any horror stories from people who worked for her.  Then again, they usually sign a contract that keeps them from divulging such information.  Still, most who do speak of their experiences with her, usually say similar things, such as she can be tough and doesn't tolerate laziness.  Though, we've heard that from Madonna herself from time to time.

Couldn't give a crap about her personal life, celebrity, back catalogue or any of that stuff. Actually, I don't even know why I'm here sometimes. If it's a few hours a week and there are reasonable adjustments then possibly... Although not sure my skill set is on her radar.

I'd be bored if it's anything to do with music, videos or images. Colour therapy workshops perhaps, for her staff. I don't tolerate rudeness, shouting or invasion of personal space and I'm usually direct and blunt in my interactions. 

If she has an interest in neurodiversity then yes, I'm sure we could have a conversation. I'd like to get her working with autism charities and to see her doing more with the neurodiverse community in terms of the arts and creative therapies. Otherwise I'm not setting aside my own work for anyone else.