Madonna's Polaroids raised $188,900!

MarXus

EE1doVsWkAAxwcM.jpg:large

I know this isn't everyone's favorite topic, but it is what it is!  According to Madonnarama, she has currently raised nearly $200,000 for charity by auctioning off a polaroid of herself at each show.  San Francisco and Los Angeles saw the largest bids of $10,000. Here is the compiled list:

New York City
September 17 – $1,000
September 18 – $500
September 19 – $1,000
September 21 – $1,500
September 22 – $2,000
September 24 – $1,000
September 25 – $1,500
September 26 – $2,500
September 28 – $4,000
October 1 – $5,000
October 2 – not sold ($2,000 offer deemed too low)
October 3 – $2,000
October 5 – $2,200
October 6 – $3,700
October 10 – $6,900
October 12 – $4,000

Chicago
October 16 – $3,600
October 17 – $8,000
October 21 – $4,000
October 23 – $3,500
October 24 – $4,000
October 27 – $4,200
October 28 – $4,500

San Francisco
November 2 – $10,000
November 4 – $3,000
November 5 – $4,000

Las Vegas
November 7 – $6,000
November 9 – $3,000
November 10 – $4,500

Los Angeles
November 13 – $5,000
November 14 – $1,000
November 16 – $7,000
November 17 – $4,000
November 19 – $5,000
November 20 – $4,000
November 21 – $1,000
November 23 – $3,300
November 24 – $4,000
November 25 – $10,000

Philadelphia
December 7 – $3,000
December 8 – $3,000
December 10 – $5,000
December 11 – $3,500

Miami
December 14 – $3,000
December 15 – $6,000
December 17 – $5,000
December 18 – $5,000
December 19 – $5,000
December 21 – $5,000

SOURCE: https://www.madonnarama.com/posts-en/2019/12/26/madonna-raises-188900-for-charity-with-the-madame-x-tour-polaroid-auction/?fbclid=IwAR0pTkGhGAHe_949ux3NaTMMWQS5N4xH0587lT8OnIFljDDx9YHQEcPsBZE

11 minutes ago, Ryder said:

September 18 –  Sold accepting $500 but  October 2 not sold as $2,000 offer deemed too low?? 

Isn't $2,000 offer better than zilch! zero! zip! nil! none! diddly-squat! nada! not a sausage! NUFFIN'?

After I read that the $2,000 wasn’t good enough for CHARITY I was a little pissed off at her for that. And then irony that’s the exact same price that it sold the next day, and then the same range the show after

58 minutes ago, SimonVenekeo said:

After I read that the $2,000 wasn’t good enough for CHARITY I was a little pissed off at her for that. And then irony that’s the exact same price that it sold the next day, and then the same range the show after

Well, I don't really fault Madonna here. She knows that in most cases there will be someone who will bid a higher price. So what if she pushes it?  No one is forcing the person to give up the money.  Furthermore, she's giving it to charity. Why not go for the highest dollar if one is willing to pay for it? 

I'm not sure I agree with the verbal shaming she does for those who don't put up enough cash, but I think she sees it as her being humorous.  It's part of the show.  It shouldn't be taken too seriously.

1 hour ago, MarXus said:

Well, I don't really fault Madonna here. She knows that in most cases there will be someone who will bid a higher price. So what if she pushes it?  No one is forcing the person to give up the money.  Furthermore, she's giving it to charity. Why not go for the highest dollar if one is willing to pay for it? 

I'm not sure I agree with the verbal shaming she does for those who don't put up enough cash, but I think she sees it as her being humorous.  It's part of the show.  It shouldn't be taken too seriously.

I don't either as a fan would've had not shelled out  that cash voluntarily for any/that charity and nice work if she can get it  the bidder bidding and affording the highest price! Still I can't help but think of the guy who paid £10K for the chair she sat on during the Miami's Tears of a Clown... for that kind of cash I'd rather have gained an hour with Madonna - ask her few questions [and I would've sold the chat to a magazine for charity] and have her signed my CD Albums! Mission Impossible possibly but hey I can only wish that right?

2 hours ago, MarXus said:

But if $2000 is the highest bid then they’d win.... you don’t go to an auction and then they just decide to pull the item at the last minute because they decide it’s not enough (unless there’s a reserve).

26 minutes ago, SimonVenekeo said:

But if $2000 is the highest bid then they’d win.... you don’t go to an auction and then they just decide to pull the item at the last minute because they decide it’s not enough (unless there’s a reserve).

I see what you mean. I was speaking in general.  For that specific night, I have a feeling there was some reason for her backing out on that bid.  Then again, maybe it was just a publicity stunt to get some attention for doing it.  Who knows?  I always felt like the whole bidding session was a set up anyway, or at least at first it was until it caught on and people from the audience were more willing to pay more and more for the Polaroid.

3 hours ago, Ryder said:

I don't either as a fan would've had not shelled out  that cash voluntarily for any/that charity and nice work if she can get it  the bidder bidding and affording the highest price! Still I can't help but think of the guy who paid £10K for the chair she sat on during the Miami's Tears of a Clown... for that kind of cash I'd rather have gained an hour with Madonna - ask her few questions [and I would've sold the chat to a magazine for charity] and have her signed my CD Albums! Mission Impossible possibly but hey I can only wish that right?

An hour of Madonna’s time is worth more than 10 thousand pounds

• 1 month later...