New Year Wishes

Enrico

New Year's Wishes  

17 members voted

1. 1. What do you wish from Madonna for 2020?

• To continue the Madame X Tour with no cancellations
    • To film the Madame X Tour (if she hasn't already) and release it with no much editing
    • To release the 4CD Anniversary Edition of Like a Prayer
    • To release Blond Ambition on BluRay (in its 20th anniversary!)
    • To record new music
    • To make a new movie
    • To release a greatest hits
    • To plan a greatest hits tour in stadiums
    • Other (please comment)

Obviously we all want Madonna to be back in shape with her knee, that's for granted (that is why I removed it from the options @Voguerista).

But when you think of 2020, what is the first thing that comes to your mind?

I know my answer is selfish, but I hope she recovers enough to finish the tour.

I feel she's going to have a long stop after March...

Guest Nobody Knows Me

First and foremost, I hope she is healthy and I hope she recovers.

I would really love a 2020 box set of all her tours on 4K Blu Ray, especially Blond Ambition in Paris. A greatest hits stadium tour is my dream and I would love if she did it in a few years to increase hype and so she has time to recover. 

As for new music, whenever she decides she wants to record again, I’d really love a synth-pop and new wave album like @louis.exementioned, inspired by Pet Shop Boys, Blondie, New Order etc with the ‘80s new wave image. pop art blondie GIF

I want her to do what she wants to do, but most of all as obviously as put by others, take care of that knee.  I don't think it's just something that is going to go away in a few weeks, and she can go back on tour.  Mark my words, she's going to either cancel/re-schedule the up coming dates or struggle through and make that knee worse. I suspect for much of the year, she'll be tending to that knee, whether it's surgery, therapy if not both. 

She needs a break.  There is no way she's going to go back into the studio and do another tour anytime soon.  I know she's dying to direct another fllm, so I am sure she'll be trying to get get that going again, if possible.  Doesn't mean she can't have people work on her back catalog and start releasing re-masters/boxsets or whatever. The thing is; these days music is pretty much dead, especially in a physical format.  So I'm not sure if it will be profitable to even re-release things, when all can pretty much be found digitally (unless she pulls out some tracks never been released).  I won't hold my breath on the latter.  No, I'm sure she'll be taking a break for the rest of the year and probably won't be back with new music until 2022 or later.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I don’t expect her to tour or make music for a long time after the Madame X campaign, so my hope is that she and her team start working on the remasters and anniversary editions. And yes I know it isn’t going to happen.

3 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I don’t expect her to tour or make music for a long time after the Madame X campaign, so my hope is that she and her team start working on the remasters and anniversary editions. And yes I know it isn’t going to happen.

The problem is; she won't make money from it.  So if she wanted to take advantage of re-releasing old albums, she needs to tour the music.  In fact, I think she should make it easy on herself. Rather do a full out tour, put something together for a streaming service, like Netflix.   Film a nostalgic show to stream on Netflix with intention to sell a DVD of it afterwards.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
8 minutes ago, MarXus said:

The problem is; she won't make money from it.  So if she wanted to take advantage of re-releasing old albums, she needs to tour the music.  In fact, I think she should make it easy on herself. Rather do a full out tour, put something together for a streaming service, like Netflix.   Film a nostalgic show to stream on Netflix with intention to sell a DVD of it afterwards.

That is very smart thinking. Maybe like a one-off stadium show somewhere big like London or New York for a big Netflix contract and DVD. 

No more new music, and no more tours until she pays due attention to her back catalogue. She need's to reignite interest in her craft, and she is not going to do that at all by recording new music. The younger generations barely know who she is anymore, and people outside of her more die-hard fanbase just aren't connecting with her recent musical endeavours... time to remind them all just who Madonna is, with the music that made Madonna. MDNA, Rebel Heart, and Madame X all performed miserably leaving no lasting impact, and a new album of new material is unlikely to fare any better. Special edition re-releases/remasters of her masterpiece works, and the release of unreleased material... both audio and visual, thats what the fanbase needs to see/hear... that's what the public needs to see/hear... and then, she can work on some new material.

3 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

No more new music, and no more tours until she pays due attention to her back catalogue. She need's to reignite interest in her craft, and she is not going to do that at all by recording new music. The younger generations barely know who she is anymore, and people outside of her more die-hard fanbase just aren't connecting with her recent musical endeavours... time to remind them all just who Madonna is, with the music that made Madonna. MDNA, Rebel Heart, and Madame X all performed miserably leaving no lasting impact, and a new album of new material is unlikely to fare any better. Special edition re-releases/remasters of her masterpiece works, and the release of unreleased material... both audio and visual, thats what the fanbase needs to see/hear... that's what the public needs to see/hear... and then, she can work on some new material.

And an autobiography will help ignite that interest.

into the groove madonna GIF

2 minutes ago, Ashley said:

And an autobiography will help ignite that interest.

into the groove madonna GIF

An autobiography would have been interesting, but what else is there to know about her that hasn't already been written about... and would she be entirely honest in writing her life story? Plus, it would likely be filled with kablahblah cult propaganda throughout lol. We shall see.... though I doubt she would ever write one

52 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I would personally love a Madonna autobiography, and whether it’s all true or not, it would still make a highly interesting read.

We need an M autobiography. 

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I would personally love a Madonna autobiography, and whether it’s all true or not, it would still make a highly interesting read.

Yeah, whose to say anyone writing their own Autobiography would be entirely honest?  Actually, I don't believe she would lie. If anything, she may not write it in the perspective we all expect.  She'll write about things the way she remembered it, even though some fans will poke holes in it and try to go out of their way to prove she's lying. 

But who are we kidding, Madonna's autobiography would be a huge seller. People would love to hear her perspective on everything in her life, because what we may know is true, may not be the way it really was. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
16 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Yeah, whose to say anyone writing their own Autobiography would be entirely honest?  Actually, I don't believe she would lie. If anything, she may not write it in the perspective we all expect.  She'll write about things the way she remembered it, even though some fans will poke holes in it and try to go out of their way to prove she's lying. 

But who are we kidding, Madonna's autobiography would be a huge seller. People would love to hear her perspective on everything in her life, because what we may know is true, may not be the way it really was. 

Exactly. Madonna writing her autobiography/memoirs would be so intriguing and it’d definitely spark a lot of interest in her for the general public. Be great if she could talk about her discography as well :Madonna030:

3 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

First and foremost, I hope she is healthy and I hope she recovers.

I would really love a 2020 box set of all her tours on 4K Blu Ray, especially Blond Ambition in Paris. A greatest hits stadium tour is my dream and I would love if she did it in a few years to increase hype and so she has time to recover. 

As for new music, whenever she decides she wants to record again, I’d really love a synth-pop and new wave album like @louis.exementioned, inspired by Pet Shop Boys, Blondie, New Order etc with the ‘80s new wave image. pop art blondie GIF

Thanks for the shout out @Nobody Knows MeI'd love for all the things you said to happen 

9 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Exactly. Madonna writing her autobiography/memoirs would be so intriguing and it’d definitely spark a lot of interest in her for the general public. Be great if she could talk about her discography as well :Madonna030:

I honestly don't think she will get that specific when it comes to her discography.  We know she's always kept journals, so it will be interesting to read her direction in an autobiography.  She knows that when she finally does this, she'll have to 'dish' to make the book even more interesting.  I don't see her holding back, talking about times that she got pissed/frustrated.  For instance, the 1991 Oscars is something I can see her talking about (mentioning her true encounter with Michael Jackson), but I'd rather hear her mentioned that moment when she was about to take stage and the rumor that she got very irate over her not being able to come up with her microphone.  I'd expect her to mention details of her marriages as well.

But this is what I mean; this is what we all expect and she may not cover the things we expect or at least write about it in how we were informed of it in the press. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I honestly don't think she will get that specific when it comes to her discography.  We know she's always kept journals, so it will be interesting to read her direction in an autobiography.  She knows that when she finally does this, she'll have to 'dish' to make the book even more interesting.  I don't see her holding back, talking about times that she got pissed/frustrated.  For instance, the 1991 Oscars is something I can see her talking about (mentioning her true encounter with Michael Jackson), but I'd rather hear her mentioned that moment when she was about to take stage and the rumor that she got very irate over her not being able to come up with her microphone.  I'd expect her to mention details of her marriages as well.

But this is what I mean; this is what we all expect and she may not cover the things we expect or at least write about it in how we were informed of it in the press. 

It would be so interesting if she really did spill everything in an autobiography. I know I would definitely buy it! 

Just now, Nobody Knows Me said:

It would be so interesting if she really did spill everything in an autobiography. I know I would definitely buy it! 

People would scramble to buy it.  It would be a best seller.  But she doesn't seem to be too interested in writing it at this stage in her life.  She might wait another 20 years to do so.  That's if she's still with us or interested in writing it by then?  

But I AM 'concerned'...... All her amazing body of work that we all know about that should be out there for everyone to see, hear and reminded about.... while the likes of Elton John get their knighthoods and honours and biographies. I feel like her legacy has been reduced and dwindled down, partly by the media and some bad choices and decisions I believe....and this cannot be allowed to happen