• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is her worst tour, yes:

Low budget production.

Uninspired costumes.

Bad scheduling and planning.

Lack of innovation in terms of reinventing songs live.

Terrible setlist, and I’m happy that it includes more new material, but still doesn’t seem to fit and I’d much rather have forgotten gems like East Ride, Falling Free, Why’s It So Hard and Bad Girl than covers or Papa Don’t Preach, Human Nature, Like A Prayer, Vogue and Express Yourself for the millionth time in some of their most uninspired versions.

Misleading teasers on Instagram where most of the rehearsed gems were cut.

Too much time wasted on speeches or the Polaroid and beer segments.

The show is more like a downsized version of her big tours rather than a true theater experience.

On 1/3/2020 at 9:02 AM, PWCCA said:

I couldn't say it is her worst tour, as I haven't attended the show, neither have I seen a full video recording of it... all I can say is that it seems, to me, to be her most uninteresting and uninspiring show to date... and I am basing this solely on images, video clips, and the fan-recorded audios of the show. Being a show performed within a theatre setting, there was so much opportunity for something really grand and theatrical... an ideal venue to play out the storyline of Madame X with a chance to explore all the different character personalities within some kind of storyline... but all that was delivered was a scaled down regular concert show within a theatre setting, and pretty much done on the cheap, with no real consideration on the fans, her abilities, and the logistics involved in putting on such a show. A proper show that would have truly captivated the audience (both super fan and casual fan) would have almost justified the extortionate ticket prices, and helped those super slow ticket sales. It is a sea of missed opportunities for Madonna.

NAILED IT

2 hours ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

It is her worst tour, yes:

Low budget production.

Uninspired costumes.

Bad scheduling and planning.

Lack of innovation in terms of reinventing songs live.

Terrible setlist, and I’m happy that it includes more new material, but still doesn’t seem to fit and I’d much rather have forgotten gems like East Ride, Falling Free, Why’s It So Hard and Bad Girl than covers or Papa Don’t Preach, Human Nature, Like A Prayer, Vogue and Express Yourself for the millionth time in some of their most uninspired versions.

Misleading teasers on Instagram where most of the rehearsed gems were cut.

Too much time wasted on speeches or the Polaroid and beer segments.

The show is more like a downsized version of her big tours rather than a true theater experience.

Have you been to the show?

8 minutes ago, Sultrysully said:

Have you been to the show?

Yeah. Why?

If you wanna judge the outfits, there are pictures of them, there are videos of some segments, there are audio recordings, the setlist is also available for anyone to see. It doesn’t necessarily take going there to know that it doesn’t raise anywhere near the same amount of excitement for me than past tours which got me excited just with few shots, before even the recordings came out.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, RinoTheBouncer said:

Yeah. Why?

If you wanna judge the outfits, there are pictures of them, there are videos of some segments, there are audio recordings, the setlist is also available for anyone to see. It doesn’t necessarily take going there to know that it doesn’t raise anywhere near the same amount of excitement for me than past tours which got me excited just with few shots, before even the recordings came out.

You never know, you might change your mind when you see the full show on DVD. This tour is very different from her past tours so it probably will take more than posts on Instagram to get people into it, including myself. 

2 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

You never know, you might change your mind when you see the full show on DVD. This tour is very different from her past tours so it probably will take more than posts on Instagram to get people into it, including myself. 

I could enjoy some stuff more, yes but I don’t think it has a chance in surpassing MDNA Tour or Confessions Tour for me, at least. Different doesn’t always mean good.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
Just now, RinoTheBouncer said:

I could enjoy some stuff more, yes but I don’t think it has a chance in surpassing MDNA Tour or Confessions Tour for me, at least. Different doesn’t always mean good.

I never said different equalled good. However, because this isn’t a huge spectacle like the tours you mentioned, it may take more getting used to, and I will personally need to watch the show in its entirety before I state whether or not it’s her worst tour. 

25 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I never said different equalled good. However, because this isn’t a huge spectacle like the tours you mentioned, it may take more getting used to, and I will personally need to watch the show in its entirety before I state whether or not it’s her worst tour. 

The appeal of Madonna’s shows for me was always the larger than life spectacle and the high budget production. When she announced a theater tour, I was very disappointed but I still tried to see the silver lining that it would be something original and emphasizes on art and singing and feature her forgotten gems and new material. Unfortunately, it seems a lot more like a low budget downsized version of her big shows than an authentic theatrical experience. 

You don't have to go to not like a tour. I had tickets to see Britney's Femme Fatale but school got in the way and I ended up gifting them to a friend. Sure, it's a chance I could have seen Britney but judging by what I saw, it wasn't the best tour and really boring. Not to say Madonna's tour is boring but it does fall below the bar she sent and it is new ground for her however, I do rank near her bottom tours.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I’m not saying you have to go. I mean, I’ve gathered all my opinions on Madonna’s tours based on professional recordings, I’ve never seen her live. However, I personally am going to wait to see the professional recording of the entire show before I make a final judgment. 

5 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I’m not saying you have to go. I mean, I’ve gathered all my opinions on Madonna’s tours based on professional recordings, I’ve never seen her live. However, I personally am going to wait to see the professional recording of the entire show before I make a final judgment. 

I wasn't directing it at you personally. I was speaking as whole for despite not going, we can still determine based on what's been seen if it's up to our tastes or not. Most thought Rebel Heart was a mess but I enjoyed it.

I think it's subjective artistically for what a person thinks of this show, but with the ticket price games, scheduling back to back shows, Madonna's injuries, and all the cancellations (and not knowing when they are coming making it all that much more stressful), I indeed think we won't be remembering this tour as a good one in the future. It's sad. ??

Dont shame me guys but this show bored me to tears!  Was front row at the wiltern, Monday, 11/25.

I can share all the reasons but its all subjective right?  You're not going to care for most of my reasons so Ill leave them off BUT one insight I will share - even though I was in a small 1700 seat venue and front row, I felt like Madonna was more distant than ever - she never really made eye contact, she had alot of costuming on her face, wigs, eye patches etc AND she was not always at the edge or front of the stage but further back except the couple time like when she was asking for the polaroid to be purchased and so on.

All her shows in arenas with 15,000 or more people, I remember feeling her connecting way more and for instance making eye contact - I went to reinvention and she kneeled down during papa dont preach and sang to me. For confessions so much eye contact and energy coming at me from her it was wild.  This one was not that type of energy at all.

I know she said she was trying to be closer to her fans by doing theatre shows but after the show I was convinced that was a made up excuse.

9 hours ago, pourhomme80 said:

Dont shame me guys but this show bored me to tears!  Was front row at the wiltern, Monday, 11/25.

I can share all the reasons but its all subjective right?  You're not going to care for most of my reasons so Ill leave them off BUT one insight I will share - even though I was in a small 1700 seat venue and front row, I felt like Madonna was more distant than ever - she never really made eye contact, she had alot of costuming on her face, wigs, eye patches etc AND she was not always at the edge or front of the stage but further back except the couple time like when she was asking for the polaroid to be purchased and so on.

All her shows in arenas with 15,000 or more people, I remember feeling her connecting way more and for instance making eye contact - I went to reinvention and she kneeled down during papa dont preach and sang to me. For confessions so much eye contact and energy coming at me from her it was wild.  This one was not that type of energy at all.

I know she said she was trying to be closer to her fans by doing theatre shows but after the show I was convinced that was a made up excuse.

I would love to know more about your experience/impressions... 

16 hours ago, pourhomme80 said:

I think it depends on the audience as well.

The Lisbon shows were amazing. 

2 hours ago, techno101 said:

Just curious, if Madame X is not her worst tour, what would fellow M fans say *is* her worst tour? I couldn't possibly put one of her other tours lower than this one. 

For me it would be Sticky & Sweet. I had a great time seeing it live but I think it's her least interesting, least creative tour with worst vocals ever. It's basically a glorified work out session and the Gypsy section was its only saving grace. And I love Hard Candy by the way. :)