byebyebaby

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

I went to Sticky & Sweet, MDNA and Rebel Heart:

• I loved S&S, potentially because I was very into the HC album. But the older hits were done really well too. The energy was great.
  • MDNA was a disappointment. Too much music from the new album, which I didn't love. I get that the show was supposed to be dark overall but even feel-good songs like Turn Up the Radio and Hung Up lost their sense of fun. Like a Virgin felt like it was 20 minutes.
  • I loved, loved, loved Rebel Heart. Perfect mix of old and new, great flow, etc. Brilliant show and probably my favorite. :heart:

Can't wait to see the Madame X footage. I really liked most of the album so the set list intrigues me.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 4:12 PM, bedtimestory said:

To me, Whos that girl tour is her ''worst'' since it seemed low budget, and had no screen projections or any amazing costumes like Rebel Heart Tour....

You can't really compare those two tours because the technology that was there in 2015, wasn't there in 1987. It's like if I compared Kylie's Enjoy Yourself Tour in 1990 to Aphrodite Les Folies in 2011. Obviously the tour in 2011 will be the more superior one. Also, WTG had screen projections, they were just used sparingly and tastefully (watch Open Your Heart, Papa Don't Preach, Material Girl, White Heat and Where's The Party) unlike Rebel Heart where they became distracting at certain points. 

On 2/17/2020 at 10:29 AM, EM said:

Attended the Feb 12 show, amazing

A. M. A. Z. I. N. G

it was surreal, a man sat next to me has suddenly held my hand during Frozen, I hope she ll do another tour in theaters cause the experience is sooo unique, best show I attended since The Girlie Show in Paris back in the day, she s a treasure, the show has a fluid narrative, unfortunately my English is not that good to describe my point of you but this time she has really portrait her vision, it s like a canvas you get to listen to but with the eyes and looking at with the ears. I loved when she escapes from the cell after human nature and finds her way during vogue where in disguise, in the entertainment industry,  all the Madonnas look the same ( WHAROL) , she writes down on a sheet of paper few secret lines then Finally find ENOUGH LOVE but again male figures take her, steal the letter, query and question her and what s left to her to do is sell a SELFIEPolaroid of herself (WARHOL) to keep her journey going, she took the money and put then in her body yesterday night saying she s now pregnant and leaving the American life where she might not get an abortion in this time, she goes back to the human nature cell and close it herself then the traveling map interlude kick in and she s in cape verde and I could go on and on.... to me Frozen is the dream, where she s the child of the mother she never had

Oh my God... reading your comments after so much time, it all makes perfect sense to me! I went to the Feb 12 show as well but didn't pay attention to that aspect of the journey during the concert. I was too excited to see her perform in front of my eyes and sing and dance every song that I really missed this part. Also, the lack of a proper full video recording has affected my memory as well. Can't wait to see the show again on my TV... I just hope it isn't very different from the live experience.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 10:19 PM, bedtimestory said:

Her only tour with FLAWLESS set list was Rebel Heart, which was packed with hits, incredible backdrop videos and incredible stage and impecabe costumes. The audiences seemed to be super entertained. I also love that MX setlist was 95% focused on the new album.

Funny as I’ve always thought RHT lost a lot of its energy towards the end. To me, RIT had the best set list. She managed to perform several song from her most recent album and most of her biggest hits. Seriously, she should have ditched GHV2 and release properly mixed studio versions of the RIT versions as a new Greatest Hits compilation.  

On 5/1/2021 at 5:55 AM, ShantiAshtangi said:

Funny as I’ve always thought RHT lost a lot of its energy towards the end. To me, RIT had the best set list. She managed to perform several song from her most recent album and most of her biggest hits. Seriously, she should have ditched GHV2 and release properly mixed studio versions of the RIT versions as a new Greatest Hits compilation.  

This. RIT is easily the best balance between new and old hits that she's ever done. 

What's too bad is that she doesn't get more creative with integrating older songs into the setlist. She has more than enough hits to rotate and not always do the same ones (though I would argue that Vogue / Like a Prayer are really staples that should never be skipped at a Madonna concert). She could dig into old album tracks for a few rare surprises on each tour, such as Paradise on the Confessions Tour. 

U2 has this great ability to do their biggest hits, new album cuts, and even B-Sides / Demos in the same show. I think that's part of why they continue to hold such huge touring power -- All fans of all degrees leave their shows satisfied. 

Sometimes I wish Madonna would hire her fans as consultants. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/5/2021 at 3:56 PM, eXtremeOccident said:

RIT is easily the best balance between new and old hits that she's ever done. 

What's too bad is that she doesn't get more creative with integrating older songs into the setlist.

Agree so much with both points.

On the second point, I'm personally sick of La Isla Bonita. I've seen her 6 times (5 different tours technically as I saw both legs of S&S), and she has performed La Isla Bonita on all of them except for one. At least on the MX Tour it was just a snippet.

Give me a live performance of Angel, Cherish or Nothing Really Matters!