Madonna songs that made you cry

louis.exe

Has To Be - Who hasn't felt lonely or wondering if their other half is lost somewhere in the world? Just keeping hope that there is someone out there for you despite all the troubles of daily life.

Promise To Try - The sheer emotion of a daughter lamenting the loss of her mother in both a child and an adult's woman perspective. It touches me deeply when we have to deal with the loss of our parents eventually and regretting or wishing we could probably say we love them or goodbye without being able to do so.

This Used To Be My Playground - The passage of time and innocence associated with memories, childhood etc.

Love Tried To Welcome Me - The way the song manages to makes us picture the winter she describes the song with how multiple attempts of loving have left the narrator bitter, scorned, hurt, broken, afraid lost in a lonely state wondering if it'll ever happen again. The lyrics are profoundly moving.

Just a few I thought I'd mention.

So many of her songs have moved me to cry and still do depending on the times. Sometimes just her emotion and vocals are just so breathtaking too.  To name a few that are biggies: You'll See, Masterpiece, Oh Father, Promise To Try, and Miles Away. Adding: Live To Tell, Ghosttown

18 minutes ago, somethingscomingover said:

Live To Tell gets me almost every time. The bridge is what really brings the tears for me.

I've also cried before to This Used to Be My Playground, Oh Father, Bad Girl and You Must Love Me.

That moment of the song where it's just music and then ".....if I ran away I'd never have the strength...":hearteyes:

21 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

That moment of the song where it's just music and then ".....if I ran away I'd never have the strength...":hearteyes:

Yes, everything about it! There's something about the "If I ran away, I'd never have the strength to go very far" lyric that's so painful and beautiful at the same time.

This idea of wanting to run away, but not being able to because you're not sure you're strong enough to make it is just... so sad and I feel like a lot of people have felt that way at some point in their lives.

46 minutes ago, somethingscomingover said:

Yes, everything about it! There's something about the "If I ran away, I'd never have the strength to go very far" lyric that's so painful and beautiful at the same time.

This idea of wanting to run away, but not being able to because you're not sure you're strong enough to make it is just... so sad and I feel like a lot of people have felt that way at some point in their lives.

And let's not forget the video where she's just staring with the wind blowing her hair. Perfect. :hearteyes:

58 minutes ago, somethingscomingover said:

Oh gosh, definitely a heart wrenching moment.  She's created so many of those moments with her songs.