Greatest Hits Tour Setlist

byebyebaby

Songs she never performed live or just once like Angel, You´ll See or Bad Girl (Saturday Night Live)

- Angel

- Love Don´t Live Here Anymore (in FULL)

- Till Death To Us Part

- Promise To Try

- Spanish Eyes

- Something To Remember

- Back In Business

- Rescue Me

- This Used To Be My Playground

- Bad Girl

- Thief Of Hearts

- Words

- I´ll Remember

- Love Tried To Welcome Me

- Sanctuary

- You´ll See

- Skin

- Nothing Really Matters

- Like A Flower

- Be Careful (NO Ricky Martin on stage please!!!!!!)

- Paradise (Not For Me)

- Intervention

- Easy Ride

- If You Go Away

- Across The Sky

- Wash All Over Me

- Messiah

Edited by Daphne Du Maurier (see edit history)

Holiday

Think Of Me

Angel

Gambler

Open Your Heart

Jimmy Jimmy

The Look Of Love

Causing A Commotion

Keep It Together

Supernatural

Thief Of Hearts

Bad Girl

I’ll Remember

Never Love A Stranger

Hollywood

Jump

Hung Up

Candy Shop

Beat Goes On

Dance Tonight

Broken

Gang Bang

I’m Addicted

Ghosttown

Medellin

Future

God Control

Madonna HER Greatest Hits Tour 2020

Section 1 :Pop version

1. Candy Shop

2. Human Nature

3. La Isla Bonita

4. Ray Of Light

Section 2: Rock version

5. Hung Up

6, Ray Of Light

7. Burning Up

8. American Life

Section 3 : Latin galore

9. Spanish Lesson

10. La Isla Bonita

11. Who's That Girl

Section 4 : dance party

12 : Medley : Candy Shop, Human Nature, La Isla Bonita, Ray Of Light, Beat Goes On, Revolver,4 Minutes

13. Bitch I'm Madonna

14. Give Me All Your lovin'

Encore : 

15. Medley : Candy Shop, Human Nature, La Isla Bonita & Music

No offense to some of the posts, but some of you included an abundance amount of songs that weren't even "hits".   You can't call something "Greatest Hits" if they weren't hits.  Some posted lists with songs weren't even singles.  Again, how can you call that a "Greatest Hits Tour" when none of those were hits?

Songs such as these are HITS which are among her greatest hits:

"I'll Remember"

"This Used To Be My Playground"

"Take A Bow"

"Angel"

"Rescue Me"

In theory, a "Greatest Hit" would include first the most notable hit songs that even the general public know.  Most people in the general public don't remember those I listed above. 

To me a Greatest Hits Tour would include memorable songs, probably most of her top 5 singles.  And yeah, it may include some non hits or singles, but most likely ones that were memorable still such as "Where's The Party".  

And let's just face it, in Madonna's book, "Candy Shop" is a hit! LOL!

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, MarXus said:

No offense to some of the posts, but some of you included an abundance amount of songs that weren't even "hits".   You can't call something "Greatest Hits" if they weren't hits.  Some posted lists with songs weren't even singles.  Again, how can you call that a "Greatest Hits Tour" when none of those were hits?

Songs such as these are HITS which are among her greatest hits:

"I'll Remember"

"This Used To Be My Playground"

"Take A Bow"

"Angel"

"Rescue Me"

In theory, a "Greatest Hit" would include first the most notable hit songs that even the general public know.  Most people in the general public don't remember those I listed above. 

To me a Greatest Hits Tour would include memorable songs, probably most of her top 5 singles.  And yeah, it may include some non hits or singles, but most likely ones that were memorable still such as "Where's The Party".  

And let's just face it, in Madonna's book, "Candy Shop" is a hit! LOL!

I say I would like a “Greatest Hits Tour” but honestly if we’re going by the actual definition, it wouldn’t be all that exciting. I prefer the idea of a tour that manages to include well-known hits and then some other singles that may not have performed as well, or have simply been forgotten. Songs like:

”Angel”

”This Used To Be My Playground”

”Bad Girl”

”I’ll Remember”

”You’ll See”

”Nothing Really Matters”

“Hollywood” 

“Sorry”

”Get Together” 

I would love to see in a tour like that, but the idea of an actual greatest hits tour of simply most played on radio Madonna songs doesn’t sit with me as well.

34 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I say I would like a “Greatest Hits Tour” but honestly if we’re going by the actual definition, it wouldn’t be all that exciting. I prefer the idea of a tour that manages to include well-known hits and then some other singles that may not have performed as well, or have simply been forgotten. Songs like:

”Angel”

”This Used To Be My Playground”

”Bad Girl”

”I’ll Remember”

”You’ll See”

”Nothing Really Matters”

“Hollywood” 

“Sorry”

”Get Together” 

I would love to see in a tour like that, but the idea of an actual greatest hits tour of simply most played on radio Madonna songs doesn’t sit with me as well.

I don't get it?  I mean; those songs you mentioned would be great to hear live (for the first time or again), but those are hardly the "hits" people will be interested in hearing.  All fine for the hardcore fans, but a Greatest Hits tours are much more geared towards those big hits people are familiar with.  That's a true definition of a Greatest Hits Tour.   When we're talking about a Greatest Hits Tour for Madonna, we're talking about songs like:

Holiday, Into The Groove, Lucky Star, Crazy For You, Papa Don't Preach, La Isla Bonita, Open Your Heart, Papa Don't Preach, LAP, Express Yourself, Vogue, Ray of Light, Hung up, Music, and Frozen. 

Certainly there are many others I left out, but these are some of the most well known and the truth is there is no way she will do a Greatest Hits Tour that will please everyone and consist of every top 10 hit she had.  Maybe she can squeeze many in a number of Medleys, but I'm sure that would upset fans as well. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, MarXus said:

I don't get it?  I mean; those songs you mentioned would be great to hear live (for the first time or again), but those are hardly the "hits" people will be interested in hearing.  All fine for the hardcore fans, but a Greatest Hits tours are much more geared towards those big hits people are familiar with.  That's a true definition of a Greatest Hits Tour.   When we're talking about a Greatest Hits Tour for Madonna, we're talking about songs like:

Holiday, Into The Groove, Lucky Star, Crazy For You, Papa Don't Preach, La Isla Bonita, Open Your Heart, Papa Don't Preach, LAP, Express Yourself, Vogue, Ray of Light, Hung up, Music, and Frozen. 

Certainly there are many others I left out, but these are some of the most well known and the truth is there is no way she will do a Greatest Hits Tour that will please everyone and consist of every top 10 hit she had.  Maybe she can squeeze many in a number of Medleys, but I'm sure that would upset fans as well. 

That is why I said if we are going by the actual definition of a “Greatest Hits Tour” then I don’t really have much interest in it. I would prefer a tour that celebrates well-known songs for the general public and then some less-known songs also added in for hardcore fans like myself. I personally think that would be more meaningful than say 20-25 songs from the 80s and Candy Shop that we’ve heard time and time again. 

7 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

That is why I said if we are going by the actual definition of a “Greatest Hits Tour” then I don’t really have much interest in it. I would prefer a tour that celebrates well-known songs for the general public and then some less-known songs also added in for hardcore fans like myself. I personally think that would be more meaningful than say 20-25 songs from the 80s and Candy Shop that we’ve heard time and time again. 

I only brought it up because this thread was started by the OP with the intention of fans listing songs for a "Greatest Hits", yet most who did, listed songs that were never "hits". 

Speaking for myself, I can't imagine how a GREATEST HITS tour wouldn't be exciting?  I would think it would be massive!  Especially if she pulled one off in the next decade.  The General public would flock to it, and it would probably be her most successful tour to date (or close to it).  That's if she doesn't fuck it up with being on stage at midnight and some other diva antics.  I expect some "diva antics" simply for entertainment value, but a Greatest Hits would include all the well known songs that the general public are aware of.   It wouldn't include all these obscure songs that have been forgotten by the majority of the public. I think it would be exciting because she would get a lot of audience participation... like singing along, dancing and just having a grand ol' time.

I have nothing against many of the other songs people brought up, but I can't see a tour simply on a lot of less popular or b-sides is going to attract many people to her shows, except some hardcore fans. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I only brought it up because this thread was started by the OP with the intention of fans listing songs for a "Greatest Hits", yet most who did, listed songs that were never "hits". 

Speaking for myself, I can't imagine how a GREATEST HITS tour wouldn't be exciting?  I would think it would be massive!  Especially if she pulled one off in the next decade.  The General public would flock to it, and it would probably be her most successful tour to date (or close to it).  That's if she doesn't fuck it up with being on stage at midnight and some other diva antics.  I expect some "antics" but a Greatest Hits would include all the well known songs that the general public are aware of.  I think it would be exciting because she would get a lot of audience participation... like singing along, dancing and just having a grand ol' time.

I have nothing against many of the other songs people brought up, but I can't see a tour simply on a lot of less popular or b-sides is going to attract many people to her shows, except some hardcore fans. 

I think any Madonna tour would be exciting at the end of the day and I’m sure even if she did choose to just tour with her best charting singles then it’d still be brilliant, and you’re right, if it had a lot of shows it probably would surpass the Sticky & Sweet Tour gross.

I just think there would be more hype in it for the hardcore fans as well if she added just a few less known songs, even if it’s just as an interlude. I mean, there are songs that charted very well, some even going to #1 such as This Used To Be My Playground, yet they haven’t been performed. I just think she should shed some light on those. Maybe have a surprise song section in the show where she changes it with every date or something. 

If she ever announced a greatest hits tour, yes I would be excited, and yes I would go. But I just think it’d be more of a surprise if she added some rarer stuff for bigger fans. She always wants her tours to be a surprise, which may be why she dislikes the concept of a greatest hits tour, so a few rarely or never performed singles would add more surprise to it. 

2 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I think any Madonna tour would be exciting at the end of the day and I’m sure even if she did choose to just tour with her best charting singles then it’d still be brilliant, and you’re right, if it had a lot of shows it probably would surpass the Sticky & Sweet Tour gross.

I just think there would be more hype in it for the hardcore fans as well if she added just a few less known songs, even if it’s just as an interlude. I mean, there are songs that charted very well, some even going to #1 such as This Used To Be My Playground, yet they haven’t been performed. I just think she should shed some light on those. Maybe have a surprise song section in the show where she changes it with every date or something. 

If she ever announced a greatest hits tour, yes I would be excited, and yes I would go. But I just think it’d be more of a surprise if she added some rarer stuff for bigger fans. She always wants her tours to be a surprise, which may be why she dislikes the concept of a greatest hits tour, so a few rarely or never performed singles would add more surprise to it. 

Oh, I agree.  I think songs like Physical Attraction, Where's The Party, This Used To Be My Playground, I'll Remember and Rescue Me would be great additions to a GH's tour.  Just remember how people flipped out when she finally did Take A Bow on Rebel Heart Tour and that was not part of the setlist and limited.  A few of those obscure hits sprinkles in with one or two popular album tracks among fans would be a treat such as Physical Attraction and Where's the Party.  But with a catalog like hers, it will be hard to squeeze everything in. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Oh, I agree.  I think songs like Physical Attraction, Where's The Party, This Used To Be My Playground, I'll Remember and Rescue Me would be great additions to a GH's tour.  Just remember how people flipped out when she finally did Take A Bow on Rebel Heart Tour and that was not part of the setlist and limited.  A few of those obscure hits sprinkles in with one or two popular album tracks among fans would be a treat such as Physical Attraction and Where's the Party.  But with a catalog like hers, it will be hard to squeeze everything in. 

Exactly, just a sprinkle of rarer tracks would get people even more excited and it would add more surprise, which she clearly likes. I agree it would be hard to fit everything in, maybe she could throw some stuff in as medleys? Physical Attraction could work quite well with Lucky Star in my opinion, and Causing a Commotion would work well with Into the Groove.

15 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Exactly, just a sprinkle of rarer tracks would get people even more excited and it would add more surprise, which she clearly likes. I agree it would be hard to fit everything in, maybe she could throw some stuff in as medleys? Physical Attraction could work quite well with Lucky Star in my opinion, and Causing a Commotion would work well with Into the Groove.

I expect any GH's tour with her to have Into Groove among the set list.  But I agree with the others you mentioned.  If not make a medley for some songs.  For instance, she could easily do a Like A Virgin medley of songs since LAV, MATERIAL GIRL and DRESS YOU UP have been performed a number of times now. 

I think she should have one slot open every night, like she did for Rebel Heart Tour where she performed a different less known hit or favorite album track each night.  Songs like Angel, Don't Tell Me, Secret, Sorry, Who's That Girl, Everybody.  It can also depend on the venue or region she is in as well. For instance, an Evita song when she's in South America. 

For the most part, a GH's Tour would consist of 25 songs give or take, and at least four or five might be interludes.   At the same time, she throw in those medleys like I said, which could actually increase the number of songs she performs even though they will be abridged versions of the songs. But again, they can be some of those songs that she has performed several times before, but can't be forgotten in a GH's tour.

I expect any GH's tour with her to have Into Groove among the set list.  But I agree with the others you mentioned.  If not make a medley some songs.  For instance, she could easily do a Like A Virgin medley of songs since LAV, MATERIAL GIRL and DRESS YOU UP have been performed a number of times now. 

I think she should have one slot open every night, like she did for Rebel Heart where she performed a different less known hit or favorite album track each night.  Songs like Angel, Don't Tell Me, Secret, Who's That Girl, Everybody.  It can also depend on the venue or region she is in as well. For instance, an Evita song when she's in South America. 

For the most part, a GH's Tour would consist of 25 songs give or take, and at least four or five might be interludes.   At the same time, she throw in those medleys like I said, which could actually increase the number of songs she performs even though they will be abridged versions of the songs. But again, they can be some of those songs that she has performed several times before, but can't be forgotten in a GH's tour.

evita on south america? why you hate south america?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
11 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I expect any GH's tour with her to have Into Groove among the set list.  But I agree with the others you mentioned.  If not make a medley for some songs.  For instance, she could easily do a Like A Virgin medley of songs since LAV, MATERIAL GIRL and DRESS YOU UP have been performed a number of times now. 

I think she should have one slot open every night, like she did for Rebel Heart Tour where she performed a different less known hit or favorite album track each night.  Songs like Angel, Don't Tell Me, Secret, Sorry, Who's That Girl, Everybody.  It can also depend on the venue or region she is in as well. For instance, an Evita song when she's in South America. 

Exactly. Honestly if she does do a greatest hits tour (which I am more than happy with if she does do it) I wish she would at least shorten some songs such as Like a Virgin, Material Girl etc because unless they’re remixed as good as the Confessions Tour performance of Like a Virgin, then it does drag a little. 

2 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Exactly. Honestly if she does do a greatest hits tour (which I am more than happy with if she does do it) I wish she would at least shorten some songs such as Like a Virgin, Material Girl etc because unless they’re remixed as good as the Confessions Tour performance of Like a Virgin, then it does drag a little. 

Oh man, that version of LAV on Confessions Tour kicks major ass.  Of course, I loved her other re-inventions of that song like on Blond Ambition and Girlie Show.  Those three versions are my favs. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Oh man, that version of LAV on Confessions Tour kicks major ass.  Of course, I loved her other re-inventions of that song like on Blond Ambition and Girlie Show.  Those three versions are my favs. 

Me too. It’s actually quite rare that I don’t enjoy the reinventions of her older songs, but I wasn’t a huge fan of the RHT renditions of her 80s songs. If we get a greatest hits tour I really want Stuart Price hired as the musical director. His remixes for RIT and Confessions were phenomenal. 

8 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Me too. It’s actually quite rare that I don’t enjoy the reinventions of her older songs, but I wasn’t a huge fan of the RHT renditions of her 80s songs. If we get a greatest hits tour I really want Stuart Price hired as the musical director. His remixes for RIT and Confessions were phenomenal. 

Well, she really didn't re-invent any of the older songs on RHT.  LAV was more like a good fan mix.  Deeper and Deeper was a cheapen version of the remixes.  Not that I dislike any of those on the tour, but they've been performed much better on other tours.  Take for instance, what she did with Deeper and Deeper on the RIT was superb.  She took that song and turned the vibe into another cool vibe, but far more chilled and classy.

21 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Well, she really didn't re-invent any of the older songs on RHT.  LAV was more like a good fan mix.  Deeper and Deeper was a cheapen version of the remixes.  Not that I dislike any of those on the tour, but they've been performed much better on other tours.  Take for instance, what she did with Deeper and Deeper on the RIT was superb.  She took that song and turned the vibe into another cool vibe, but far more chilled and classy.

Lol, you are correct. It was a fan mix that they touched up for the final version on tour. The original mix had the BAT Like a Virgin sample mixed into it by den54 I believe. It was a nice performance but it did lack in reinvention.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

A greatest hits tour would need to have brilliant looks and brilliant song reinventions, and the two people that come to mind for me would be Jean-Paul for costumes and Stuart Price for musical director, and then Steven Klein for the interludes and visuals :Madonna009:

11 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Lol, you are correct. It was a fan mix that they touched up for the final version on tour. The original mix had the BAT Like a Virgin sample mixed into it by den54 I believe. It was a nice performance but it did lack in reinvention.

It's funny that I never paid much attention to the fact it has a bit of the BAT orient sound in it until fans pointed out.  But yeah, that version really impressed me much.  I do loved how she performed/dance to it though.