Greatest Hits Tour Setlist

byebyebaby

For die hard fans like me, the singles she never performed before or only once: Angel, Gambler, Spotlight, Oh Father, Rescue Me, This used to be my playground, Bad Girl, RAin, I'll Remember, You'll See, The Power of Goodbye, Nothing Really Matters, Beautiful Stranger, American Pie, Hollywood, Love Profusion, Get Together and Ghosttown. Also a favorite of mine: Physical Attraction. 

For general public, I think the greatest hits tour can't miss: Holiday, Material Girl, Like a Virgin, Into the Groove, Papa don't preach, Open your Heart, La isla bonita, Like a Prayer, Express Yourself, Vogue, Erotica, Deeper and Deeper, Secret, Take a Bow, Frozen, ROL, Beautiful Stranger, Music, Don't Tell Me, Hung Up, 4 Minutes and 2 good recent songs: Ghosttown and Medellin. 

Just now, lap said:

For die hard fans like me, the singles she never performed before or only once: Angel, Gambler, Spotlight, Oh Father, Rescue Me, This used to be my playground, Bad Girl, RAin, I'll Remember, You'll See, The Power of Goodbye, Nothing Really Matters, Beautiful Stranger, American Pie, Hollywood, Love Profusion, Get Together and Ghosttown. Also a favorite of mine: Physical Attraction. 

For general public, I think the greatest hits tour can't miss: Holiday, Material Girl, Like a Virgin, Into the Groove, Papa don't preach, Open your Heart, La isla bonita, Like a Prayer, Express Yourself, Vogue, Erotica, Deeper and Deeper, Secret, Take a Bow, Frozen, ROL, Beautiful Stranger, Music, Don't Tell Me, Hung Up, 4 Minutes and 2 good recent songs: Ghosttown and Medellin. 

How she seemed so surprised some songs like "Rescue Me, I'll Remember and This Used To Be My Playground" charted high or were #1 was telling in the Billboard interview last year. She's aware of songs were the themes are perhaps too somber or joyless for something like 'Playground' but I love how the interviewer wouldn't let her weasel her way out of performing something "Rescue Me."

"So, interlude...."

So she did. :laughing:

Guest Nobody Knows Me
4 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

How she seemed so surprised some songs like "Rescue Me, I'll Remember and This Used To Be My Playground" charted high or were #1 was telling in the Billboard interview last year. She's aware of songs were the themes are perhaps too somber or joyless for something like 'Playground' but I love how the interviewer wouldn't let her weasel her way out of performing something "Rescue Me."

"So, interlude...."

I hope he interviews her again and reminds her that we want more material from Erotica up to Confessions performed :Madonna003:

4 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

"So, interlude...."

To be quite honest, to perform it like the actual single would have been a mess.  She would have had to really re-invent it, and I'm not sure that's what fans wanted either. 

I do think she had every intention to perform it as we know she was rehearsing a version of it. I just think she realize it didn't fit in the show like she wanted. 

To me, Rescue me is obscure hit at this point.  No one but hard core fans recall it and even at a GH's Tour I can see a lot of casual fans if nor the general public attending thinking, "What's this?  Is this a new song? "  LOL!

Just now, MarXus said:

To be quite honest, to perform it like the actual single would have been a mess.  She would have had to really re-invent it, and I'm not sure that's what fans wanted either. 

I do think she had every intention to perform it as we know she was rehearsing a version of it. I just think she realize it didn't fit in the show like she wanted. 

To me, Rescue me is obscure hit at this point.  No one but hard core fans recall it and even at a GH's Tour I can see a lot of casual fans if nor the general public attending thinking, "What's this?  Is this a new song? "  LOL!

I think the Batukadeiras would have done the background singing with the first verse serving as the interlude as it is now with Madonna singing the chorus and other sung bits. It's gotten a resurgence with fans and probably would lead to the GP or casuals to hunting it down. The Immaculate Collection is still sold at Walmart so win/win.

Or she would have lipped the spoken verses a la Justify My Love Girlie Show. The best thing is the choir bit on Instagram was great no matter how brief it was. It was touching seeing her dust off the song again. That's one that deserved a video for sure. Peak 1991 Madonna. :sis:

Guest Nobody Knows Me
4 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I hope some sort of rehearsal tape of the song leaks so I can at least have an idea of what it would’ve been like if she performed it. Rescue Me, Bad Girl and Angel are always the ones that I pray for the most on every Madonna tour.

1 minute ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I hope some sort of rehearsal tape of the song leaks so I can at least have an idea of what it would’ve been like if she performed it. Rescue Me, Bad Girl and Angel are always the ones that I pray for the most on every Madonna tour.

Bad Girl, you'd have to take a poster with the words. She shot it down on RHT after Billy asked one night. I do wonder how a revamped Angel would sound. If she did film rehearsal footage, hopefully it does make our way to us the way the MDNA rehearsals did (seeing her plan and map every detail was inspiring)

8 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

I think the Batukadeiras would have done the background singing with the first verse serving as the interlude as it is now with Madonna singing the chorus and other sung bits. It's gotten a resurgence with fans and probably would lead to the GP or casuals to hunting it down. The Immaculate Collection is still sold at Walmart so win/win.

Or she would have lipped the spoken verses a la Justify My Love Girlie Show. The best thing is the choir bit on Instagram was great no matter how brief it was. It was touching seeing her dust off the song again. That's one that deserved a video for sure. Peak 1991 Madonna. :sis:

I think Madonna was at the point of taking the money and running since Immaculate Collection was doing massively well as well as Justify My Love, especially with the physical video release of that video.  Rescue Me guaranteed radio play as Justify My Love was much more controversial and some stations were apprehensive in playing it.  Meanwhile, she was in the midst of throwing us another project/film our way with Truth or Dare, and I'm sure she was interested in taking some of that money and investing it in the promotion of Truth or Dare. 

1 minute ago, MarXus said:

I think Madonna was at the point of taking the money and running since Immaculate Collection was doing massively well as well as Justify My Love, especially with the physical video release of that video.  Rescue Me guaranteed radio play as Justify My Love was much more controversial and some stations were apprehensive in playing it.  Meanwhile, she was in the midst of throwing us another project Truth or Dare, and I'm sure she was interested in taking some of that money and investing it in the promotion of Truth or Dare. 

The closest we got to a video was the Elephant commercial with the song playing in the background.

1 minute ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

The closest we got to a video was the Elephant commercial with the song playing in the background.

Yep, but that wasn't known to a lot of fans until the internet became popular.  There was also compilation video to that song, of her live performances, aired in some markets.

Right ok here's a concept

Set List

Act 1 Queen
Overture(Intro)(Contains Elements Of "Vogue" & "I Don't Search, I Find")
01.Vogue
02.Material Girl
03.Girl Gone Wild/Give It 2 Me(Contains Elements Of "Gimme More" by Britney Spears & "Blow" by Ke$ha)

Act 2 Carnival/Freakshow
Justify My Love/Erotica(Interlude)(Contains Elements Of "Physical Attraction", "Waiting", "Forbidden Love 95", "I Want You" & "Heartbeat")
04.Like a Virgin
05.Human Nature
06.Express Yourself
07.Living For Love/Deeper And Deeper(Contains Elements Of "Finally(Choice Mix)" by CeCe Penistone)

Act 3 Flamenco
You Must Love Me(Interlude)
08.Medellin
09.La Isla Bonita
10.Who's That Girl
11.Don't Cry For Me Argentina
12.Take a Bow/You'll See

Act 4 Church
4 Minutes(Interlude)
13.Like a Prayer(Contains Elements Of "Act Of Contrition")
14.Live To Tell
15.Papa Don't Preach
16.Frozen/Open Your Heart
17.Ray Of Light

Act 5 New York City/Nightclub
Causing a Commotion(Interlude)(Contains Elements Of "What Have You Done For Me Lately" by Janet Jackson)
18.Into The Groove
19.Dress You Up/Lucky Star/Everybody
20.Borderline
21.Surprise Song
22.Music
23.Hung Up(Contains Elements Of "God Control" & "Sorry")

Encore
24.Crazy For You(Contains Elements Of "Especially For You" by Kylie Minogue)
25.Holiday(Contains Elements Of "Celebration" & "Get Together",)

Edited by louis.exe (see edit history)

39 minutes ago, lap said:

I want this and BAD! ?????????:fire:

12 hours ago, louis.exe said:

Set List

Act 1 Queen
Overture(Intro)
01.Vogue
02.Material Girl
03.Girl Gone Wild/Give It 2 Me(Contains Elements Of "Gimme More" by Britney Spears & "Blow" by Ke$ha)

Act 2 Carnival/Freakshow
Justify My Love/Erotica(Interlude)(Contains Elements Of "Physical Attraction", "Waiting", "Forbidden Love 95", "I Want You" & "Heartbeat")
04.Like a Virgin
05.Human Nature
06.Express Yourself
07.Living For Love/Deeper And Deeper(Contains Elements Of "Finally(Choice Mix)" by CeCe Peninston)

Act 3 Flamenco
08.Medellin
09.La Isla Bonita
10.Who's That Girl
12.Take a Bow/You'll See

Act 4 Church
4 Minutes(Interlude)
14.Live To Tell
15.Papa Don't Preach
17.Ray Of Light

Causing a Commotion(Interlude)
18.Into The Groove
20.Borderline
21.Surprise Song
22.Music

Encore
24.Crazy For You
25.Holiday

surprise songs include

• Burning Up
  • Physical Attraction
  • Angel
  • Love Don't Live Here Anymore
  • Gambler
  • True Blue
  • Where's The Party
  • Cherish
  • Oh Father
  • Keep It Together
  • Hanky Panky
  • Rescue Me
  • This Used To Be My Playground
  • Rain
  • I'll Remember
  • Secret
  • Drowned World/Substitute For Love
  • Nothing Really Matters
  • Beautiful Stranger
  • Don't Tell Me
  • What It Feels Like For a Girl
  • American Life
  • Sorry
  • Get Together
  • Jump
  • Crave
  • I Rise

2 minutes ago, louis.exe said:

surprise songs include

• Burning Up
  • Physical Attraction
  • Angel
  • Gambler
  • True Blue
  • Where's The Party
  • Cherish
  • Oh Father
  • Keep It Together
  • Hanky Panky
  • Rescue Me
  • Rain
  • Secret
  • Don't Tell Me
  • American Life
  • Sorry
  • Crave

Can you add I'll Remember and Nothing Really Matters somewhere? 

1 minute ago, Voguerista said:

Can you add I'll Remember and Nothing Really Matters somewhere? 

Just edited it

6 minutes ago, louis.exe said:

surprise songs include

• Burning Up
  • Physical Attraction
  • Angel
  • Gambler
  • True Blue
  • Where's The Party
  • Cherish
  • Oh Father
  • Keep It Together
  • Hanky Panky
  • Rescue Me
  • This Used To Be My Playground
  • Rain
  • I'll Remember
  • Secret
  • Nothing Really Matters
  • Don't Tell Me
  • American Life
  • Sorry
  • Get Together
  • Jump
  • Crave
  • I Rise

?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
55 minutes ago, louis.exe said:

Set List

Act 1 Queen
Overture(Intro)
01.Vogue
02.Material Girl

Act 2 Carnival/Freakshow
04.Like a Virgin
05.Human Nature
06.Express Yourself
07.Living For Love/Deeper And Deeper(Contains Elements Of "Finally(Choice Mix)" by CeCe Peninston)

Act 3 Flamenco
08.Medellin
09.La Isla Bonita
10.Who's That Girl
12.Take a Bow/You'll See

Act 4 Church
4 Minutes(Interlude)
14.Live To Tell
15.Papa Don't Preach
17.Ray Of Light

18.Into The Groove
20.Borderline
21.Surprise Song
22.Music

Encore
24.Crazy For You
25.Holiday

This would make a fantastic show. Honestly I do hope she will do a greatest hits tour one day but I doubt she will. :Madonna023:

Guest Ashley

If M ever did a greatest hits tour, she would be very wise to conduct a fan vote on the songs they want to see her perform and base her set list on that. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I M ever did a greatest hits tour, she would be very wise to conduct a fan vote on the songs they want to see her perform and base her set list on that. 

That would be amazing. I don’t really know what she has against greatest hits tours really, she’d make an absolute fortune.  

Guest Ashley
1 minute ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

That would be amazing. I don’t really know what she has against greatest hits tours really, she’d make an absolute fortune.  

Someone said on here she doesn't want to be regarded as a legendary or retro artist or something. Based on that I  suspect she wants to be contemporary as much as she can with her concerts. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
Just now, Ashley said:

Someone said on here she doesn't want to be regarded as a legendary or retro artist or something. Based on that I  suspect she wants to be contemporary as much as she can with her concerts. 

It’s annoying that people see it like that though. A tour of hits and fan favourites is a dream of mine.

MADONNA

CELEBRATION TOUR (2010/2011)

Act I – ELETRONIC DANCE

01.  Hung Up

02.  4 Minutes

03.  Revolver

04.  Open Your Heart

05.  Like A Virgin

Act II – CARBARET

06.  Justify My Love & Erotica Medley (Video Interlude)

07.  Vogue

08.  Express Yourself

09.  Deeper & Deeper

10.  Cherish

11.  La Isla Bonita

Act III – URBAN

12.  Human Nature (Video Interlude)

13.  Ray Of Light

14.  Physical Attraction

15.  Material Girl (Rock Remix)

16.  Crazy For You (Rock or Acoustic Remix)

17.  Take A Bow

ACT IV – REDEPTION

18.  American Life (Video Interlude)

19.  Music/Causing A Commotion/Where’s The Party

20.  Into The Groove

21.  Everybody

22.  Holiday

23.  Celebration/Give It 2 Me

ENCORE

24.  Like A Prayer

2 hours ago, louis.exe said:

Set List

Act 1 Queen
Overture(Intro)
01.Vogue
02.Material Girl

Act 2 Carnival/Freakshow
04.Like a Virgin
05.Human Nature
06.Express Yourself

Act 3 Flamenco
08.Medellin
09.La Isla Bonita
10.Who's That Girl
12.Take a Bow/You'll See

Act 4 Church
4 Minutes(Interlude)
14.Live To Tell
15.Papa Don't Preach
17.Ray Of Light

18.Into The Groove
20.Borderline
21.Surprise Song
22.Music

Encore
24.Crazy For You
25.Holiday

When do the tickets go on sale?  I'm there!  Love this!  Love the idea of the "surprise song".  And I would hope  your arrangements will be more live instruments as well as vocals? 

So this is what you do!  You get Madonna through the rest of MX tour.  Get her to tend to that knee.  Then let her have a year break or so, and then get her back on the road with this okay?  Good! 

PS.  Make the tickets more reasonable priced!  Please and thank you!  :Madonna018: