Last M album you played in its entirety?

MarXus

So what is the last Madonna album you have played in its entirety?  Deluxe versions are included!  And feel free to add your thoughts after listening to it.

Me?  I just finished listening to Deluxe version of:

tumblr_nj1wg2Yvwb1u2gzw0o1_1280.jpg

I know many list this album as their least favorite, and honestly, I don't listen to it as much as well, but when I do, I forget how great it really is.  It's not as a mix bag as Rebel Heart is, but it does seem to lack a true theme.  It's still a nice album to listen to. 

Madame X yesterday. I remember thinking how I really disliked it at first and wondering what was wrong with me as a long time fan.  :ay: Now listening to it, it's like I've been listening and loving it for years. It's not my favorite album but, wow, what a treasure and journey.

3 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

I haven't played a full album in a while now. I generally just put Madonna on shuffle when I listen via my phone. I would guess that the last one I listened to in its entirety would be either Like a Virgin or Like a Prayer

I usually do a shuffle mix as well, but today I randomly put on MDNA.  My intention was to listen to GGW, but I just let it kept playing.

1 minute ago, Voguerista said:

Madame X yesterday. I remember thinking how I really disliked it at first and wondering what was wrong with me as a long time fan.  :ay: Now listening to it, it's like I've been listening and loving it for years. It's not my favorite album but, wow, what a treasure and journey.

Like you, I wasn't a huge fan of that album in the earlier days, especially the title track.  I liked Stay and Dress You Up than the two bigger hits from that album.  I still do, but Material Girl is still classic and LAV is fun to always listen to.

aed62fc70222774ec4b4866c434244a3.jpg

So I just finished listening to MUSIC album.   I didn't intend to listen to it, but that was alphabetically next in the Madonna album playlist I have after MDNA.  But for some reason, Itunes shuffled all the songs up?  It was the European version with American Pie. 

Guest Ashley

My dad died a few months ago and I walked home from the hospital ( I don't drive) , it was a long walk down hill and cross town etc... and I just put my iTunes on and Ray of Light was the album, I listened to the whole album one the way home. The lyrics to Mer Girl really struck me. 

images.jpeg.3df05f02eebcbbcd3ff00c4752339760.jpeg

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

My dad died a few months ago and I walked home from the hospital ( I don't drive) , it was a long walk down hill and cross town etc... and I just put my iTunes on and Ray of Light was the album, I listened to the whole album one the way home. The lyrics to Mer Girl really struck me. 

I am so so sorry for your loss! I'm so glad Madonna and Ray of Light were there for you!xxxx

Guest Ashley
7 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I am so so sorry for your loss! I'm so glad Madonna and Ray of Light was there for you!xxxx

My mum passed away several years ago and the time she died at the hospice, I was actually listening to Promise to Try. I did realise this until my dad called a few minutes after the song finished. The eery thing is that she wasn't a big M fan, she liked the Ray of Light album and some songs and Promise to Try was one of them. 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

My mum passed away several years ago and the time she died at the hospice, I was actually listening to Promise to Try. I did realise this until my dad called a few minutes after the song finished. The eery thing is that she wasn't a big M fan, she liked Ray of Light and some songs and Promise to Try was one of them. 

Wow! I love surreal moments like that. I believe they were reaching out to you in both instances. Thanks for sharing. 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

First off, I'm sorry for your loss.  What a thing to go through.  It's so awesome that Madonna was there for you.

Though, I'm curious? Since this topic is about the last album you've listen to, you're saying the last time you listen to a full Madonna album was a few months ago?

Guest Ashley
10 hours ago, PWCCA said:

Though, I'm curious? Since this topic is about the last album you've listen to, you're saying the last time you listen to a full Madonna album was a few months ago?

Yep. I listen to MadameX a lot, yet I skip a couple of songs. So I haven't really listened to a full M album in the last few months. 

Guest Ashley
4 minutes ago, Enrico said:

I still listen to Madame X, but generally I stop at Extreme Occident. Best ending.

I listened to Rebel Heart too these days and enjoyed a lot.

I've swapped 'Bitch I'm Loca' for 'Ciao Bella' and it flows way better IMO. 

10 hours ago, PWCCA said:

I haven't played a full album in a while now. I generally just put Madonna on shuffle when I listen via my phone. I would guess that the last one I listened to in its entirety would be either Like a Virgin or Like a Prayer

I do that with Madonna, Tina Turner, Bryan Adams, Kylie, and a few different tracks from other artists. Kinda miss the days when I was a Kid listening to music very loud in HIFI system 

The last Madonna album in full: Madame X...evenif I like to pray I'm not a virgin anymore :lol:

Guest Nobody Knows Me
16 minutes ago, somethingscomingover said:

Ray of Light during a road trip a couple weeks ago. It was very relaxing and every time I listen, I always get ideas/images in my head of how ROL could have been a visual album with videos for each song. It's one of Madonna's best and it's very beautiful.

Skin in particular could have had a stunning video, in my opinion.