Filming of new tour - part 2

Bat-Fan

Guest Nobody Knows Me
8 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

People talking about Disney as if they only make cartoon movies and Hannah Montana lool. Disney owns Marvel, Lucas Films (Star Wars etc), Fox, part of ABC etc.

There's no way this is too weird...

If it is true then what does it even mean? It sounds like an attempt to stay in the public eye so perhaps she’ll be planning some sort of comeback? :Madonna021:

25 minutes ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

People talking about Disney as if they only make cartoon movies and Hannah Montana lool. Disney owns Marvel, Lucas Films (Star Wars etc), Fox, part of ABC etc.

I agree. She's in good hands. Disney has completely branched out. Here's a list of R rated films by Disney through Miramax, Dimension Films, and Touchstone Pictures over the years:

Dead Pool, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Trainspotting, From Dusk Till Dawn, Sin City, Scream, Bad Santa, Con Air, Pretty Woman, Starship Troopers.

1 hour ago, Voguerista said:

I agree. She's in good hands. Disney has completely branched out. Here's a list of R rated films by Disney through Miramax, Dimension Films, and Touchstone Pictures over the years:

Dead Pool, Pulp Fiction, Kill Bill, Trainspotting, From Dusk Till Dawn, Sin City, Scream, Bad Santa, Con Air, Pretty Woman, Starship Troopers.

2 hours ago, Tiago Lisboa Rodrigues said:

Yes, Disney is a huge corporation behind a lot of films which is outsourced to other major film companies, but "Disney Plus" will not feature adult material.  They will only play P-13 or less. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/08/27/disney-plus-may-only-show-pg-13-content-giving-netflix-amazon-and-apple-an-advantage/#6d8e69445769

Madonna is not PG-13, and her Madame X is quite explicit at times.  There is no way her latest tour will air on Disney Plus.

9 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Yes, Disney is a huge corporation behind a lot of films which is outsourced to other major film companies, but "Disney Plus" will not feature adult material.  They will only play P-13 or less. 

https://www.forbes.com/sites/paultassi/2019/08/27/disney-plus-may-only-show-pg-13-content-giving-netflix-amazon-and-apple-an-advantage/#6d8e69445769

Madonna is not PG-13, and her Madame X is quite explicit at times.  There is no way her latest tour will air on Disney Plus.

Exactly, thanks for posting this cause I was about to say something similar. 

We're all aware that Disney has several branches including R rated and even horror movies. But the rumor specifically stated that the tour could be streamed on Disney+. The platform does not allow any adult material on there so right away it sounds like BS. And to those thinking they'll actually play her music on Radio Disney... Pfffff...do you honestly believe this? I'm not sure why they would want to target kids and teens anyway, it would be such a waste of time as it would likely fail. 

11 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Thanks @MarXusand @musicinferno. I'll reserve judgement until official information comes out about it. But, if she did go with Disney+ for some reason that we don't know yet, I'm going to think positive and trust Madonna knows what she's doing and why. Thanks 

Maybe Disney+ is going to have another adult platform? I can’t see them competing with Netflix with only PG rated material.

Having done my free trial of Disney Plus, to me it does not seem like a good fit for Madonna at all, though of course it's still in its infancy. Also, it doesn't seem likely she signed a 5 year partnership with Disney without it making the news. Maybe they are things all in discussion but not a done deal. With rumours involving Netflix, Amazon Prime and now Disney Plus circulating the various Madonna message boards, I'm wondering when Apple TV+ will enter the discussion. (Maybe it already has but I missed it). I just got a free year's trial with their service and they could definitely do with some more content.

15 hours ago, Voguerista said:

Thanks @MarXusand @musicinferno. I'll reserve judgement until official information comes out about it. But, if she did go with Disney+ for some reason that we don't know yet, I'm going to think positive and trust Madonna knows what she's doing and why. Thanks 

You're "reserving" your "judgment" on what?  I and others have provided facts that Disney+ doesn't feature adult material. I think we all can agree that Madame X isn't PG-13 material.  Yet, you still think it's possible for her to go with Disney+?  It has nothing to do with "thinking positive" or anything to do with if Madonna "knows what she's doing".  The plain old fact is;  Disney + is a streaming platform. They only stream up to PG-13 programming.  It has nothing to do with the fact Disney is a huge company that also invest in films outside PG-13.  Still, they don't air such on their platforms.  Disney is the parent to the Disney+  platform that streams PG-13 or less material.  Madame X will not stream on such.

7 minutes ago, MarXus said:

You're "reserving" your "judgment" on what?  I and others have provided facts that Disney+ doesn't feature adult material. I think we all can agree that Madame X isn't PG-13 material.  Yet, you still think it's possible for her to go with Disney+?  It has nothing to do with "thinking positive" or anything to do with if Madonna "knows what she's doing".  The plain old fact is;  Disney + is a streaming platform. They only stream up to PG-13 programming.  It has nothing to do with the fact Disney is a huge company that also invest in films outside PG-13.  Still, they don't air such on their platforms.  Disney is a huge company.  Disney+ is a platform that streams primarily target children or films that are no more than PG-13.

Geez.  What is with you sometimes? It's like we have to agree with you or else. That's my opinion and I'm not changing it especially when we haven't seen an official contract or know all the facts yet for what it entails. Now leave me alone and put me on ignore as I plan to do the same. ?

13 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

Geez.  What is with you sometimes? It's like we have to agree with you or else. That's my opinion and I'm not changing it especially when we haven't seen an official contract or know all the facts yet for what it entails. Now leave me alone and put me on ignore as I plan to do the same. ?

"Have to agree... or else"?  What ultimatum am I holding over you to make you feel like you must agree with me?   This is not a matter of you having to agree with me.  It's a matter of FACTS!  You simply still believe that it's possible that it will stream on Disney+.  No different than you thinking an orange will grow on an apple tree.  Do you believe an orange will grow on an apple tree?

Also, why are you getting worked up over this to the point in asking me to ignore you?  It's just a discussion? I'm not mad!  Why would I want to ignore you?  What did I say that warrants you to ignore me?  I didn't insult you?  Don't be so touchy when people push back on a lively discussion. Again, I'm not here to make enemies with you. Just having a healthy and mature discussion.  Not everything is black and white.  Not everything must be about agreeing or disagreeing.

19 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Exactly, thanks for posting this cause I was about to say something similar. 

We're all aware that Disney has several branches including R rated and even horror movies. But the rumor specifically stated that the tour could be streamed on Disney+. The platform does not allow any adult material on there so right away it sounds like BS. And to those thinking they'll actually play her music on Radio Disney... Pfffff...do you honestly believe this? I'm not sure why they would want to target kids and teens anyway, it would be such a waste of time as it would likely fail. 

Can you imagine how people would flip out if they aired a Madonna concert on a Disney platform. LOL!  There is no way this is happening.  Madonna isn't Disney friendly. 

4 minutes ago, Homer GR ✖️ said:

Does anyone know if the other shows in Lisbon are going to continue filming?

I think that will be known when people attend the next show.   It's been pretty customary of Madonna to film multiple nights to get a perfect recording. 

4 hours ago, Voguerista said:

He can be hard work I've realisedl

Guest Nobody Knows Me
27 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Let's hope Aldo Diaz is kept far away from any and all covers and inserts for the Blu-ray.

I’d love it if they just used one of the photographs from the Madame X photoshoot as the cover. This one in particular would be fantastic.

8ED01737-83A7-4313-B419-9422BCAF68E5.jpeg

58 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I’d love it if they just used one of the photographs from the Madame X photoshoot as the cover. This one in particular would be fantastic.

8ED01737-83A7-4313-B419-9422BCAF68E5.jpeg

They usually design something new as it’s more eye catching than using a poster people saw several years earlier.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, THE ROSE MIST said:

They usually design something new as it’s more eye catching than using a poster people saw several years earlier.

That’s what they think they’re doing. I didn’t think the art work for The MDNA Tour or Rebel Heart Tour live albums were all that ‘eye catching’. 

1 minute ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

That’s what they think they’re doing. I didn’t think the art work for The MDNA Tour or Rebel Heart Tour live albums were all that ‘eye catching’. 

I agree, MDNA sucked. Rebel Heart was ok but I would have preferred the promo poster with the sword.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
4 minutes ago, Blue Jean said:

I agree, MDNA sucked. Rebel Heart was ok but I would have preferred the promo poster with the sword.

I would as well. Just like I would prefer the poster for the Madame X Tour as opposed to some fan edit of a photo she posted on Instagram.

35 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I would as well. Just like I would prefer the poster for the Madame X Tour as opposed to some fan edit of a photo she posted on Instagram.

Well I can’t comment on something I haven’t seen yet. I don’t really love that poster the way I did the Rebel Heart one. I think there were better images they could have used.