Filming of new tour - part 2

Bat-Fan

17 hours ago, MarXus said:

Can you imagine how people would flip out if they aired a Madonna concert on a Disney platform. LOL!  There is no way this is happening.  Madonna isn't Disney friendly. 

Exactly. A song about gun control, Human Nature (with bitch and shit beeped out), American Life probably being completely removed, burning crosses on the projections for Like a Prayer, I Rise with the pride flag everywhere, etc. There's NO way Disney would even consider streaming this show. 

10 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Exactly. A song about gun control, Human Nature (with bitch and shit beeped out), American Life probably being completely removed, burning crosses on the projections for Like a Prayer, I Rise with the pride flag everywhere, etc. There's NO way Disney would even consider streaming this show. 

Disney+ is not the classic Disney Channel for children and teenages... it's a streaming service aimed to compete with Netflix, HBO, etc.

In order to do that they'll try to get exclusive content for every age range.

I'm not saying it's gonna happen, but it could happen. It's a whole new world now with all of them (Apple TV too) competing for the video streaming market. They need exclusive content.

And they could always edit out the most explicit stuff for the streaming version and save it for the DVD/Blu-Ray release as a bonus or exclusive (that was the case with "The Confessions Tour" and "Live To Tell").

Anyway, if she's really going to sign that whole deal with Disney (like the Live Nation deal) is gonna be a whole rebranding of Madonna, as a legacy act, which wouldn't be a bad idea at the moment, to be honest. It would be great for her to keep creating her stuff but be celebrated for her past at the same time. Let's see what happens!

Edited by Prayer (see edit history)

I don't know Disney+ is going to have something like Madame X Live BUT I do believe Disney+ is going to extend and have more adult contents such as movies from the 20th Century Fox, Miramax, Touchstone... and why not, live shows such as Madame X.

Anyway, as long as she will release a bluray, I'll be happy. Even though I like to have a nice cover - please, not something like MDNA - I don't really care about the picture as long as we have the show on bluray. At the end, she won't please everybody. But the fact we can relive the show again and again is more important to me :)

39 minutes ago, Monsieur Hugo X said:

I hope she will do the same thing like Kylie Minogue's Golden Tour release, only a DVD/2CD for make meltdowns with all the fans :kiss2:

I would meltdown. It's 2020, there's no reason why they should make a DVD and not a Blu-ray. This is the reason I haven't bought Kylie's DVD yet. 

The Rebel Heart Tour DVD image was perfect for the tour. Do you remember the God awful monstroity they were planning on using originally from Aldo? Yeah, I'm happier with what we got and it's a good image of the tour. Most of her tour DVDs are usually of live image shots versus photoshoots.

Madonna_RHT_DVD.jpg?fit=1529,2161&ssl=1

Virgin - shot during a performance
WTG - La Isla Bonita shot
BAT - Used images from the tour and some used an EY image
Girlie Show - In This Life shot
DWT- Image from Rosie O' Donnell
Confessions - photo taken from the screen
S&S - image from the stage with the boxers removed
MDNA - Madonna selfie zoomed in
RHT - image taken from Unapologetic Bitch performance

1 hour ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

The Rebel Heart Tour DVD image was perfect for the tour. Do you remember the God awful monstroity they were planning on using originally from Aldo? Yeah, I'm happier with what we got and it's a good image of the tour. Most of her tour DVDs are usually of live image shots versus photoshoots.

So beautiful!!!!

2 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Was this really in the running though?  I just think some of the fan base just got ahead of themselves when this was released and he at the same time mentioned he was doing some work for her.  But I agree with you, this is quite atrocious compared to the real one. 

2 hours ago, MarXus said:

Was this really in the running though?  I just think some of the fan base just got ahead of themselves when this was released and he at the same time mentioned he was doing some work for her.  But I agree with you, this is quite atrocious compared to the real one. 

Yes, it was. It sent on Madonna email and Aldo went on a victory lap that he was chosen until the final image was used.

1 hour ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Yes, it was. It sent on Madonna email and Aldo went on a victory lap that he was chosen until the final image was used.

I know it was sent with a Madonna email, but that email never stated that was the cover.  I think it was chosen to just help promote it until the real cover was going to be revealed.  I think fans took it as if it was the actual cover and assumed that's what Aldo thought, when in reality he was just excited his image was chosen to help promote what was still being worked on.  Also, if you recall, another promotional image was used to promote the concert film for the Showtime airing.  Once again, many assumed that was going to be the actual cover.  That said, Aldo's was never confirmed by him or her team that was the actual cover. People just assumed that!  And of course, anyone of us would be delighted to know Madonna used our artwork to promote any of work. I truly believe that's what Aldo was excited about. 

7 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

That pic was just DREADFUL. The poor cropping, her floating in the air, the copy/paste dancer, him stealing the background from a Wonder Woman poster. Everything about it was wrong. I really don't know why she liked Aldo's work so much. All he did was use filters and threw in a background he stole from something and called it his own. I'm honestly surprised he or her label never got sued for using samples from official movie posters. 

Thank god they changed it to the beautiful cover we haven now. I think it's because fans harassed Guy on Twitter and IG endlessly about changing the cover, even using the final cover as a recommendation. Probably the only time he listened to us. 

4 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I know it was sent with a Madonna email, but that email never stated that was the cover.  I think it was chosen to just help promote it until the real cover was going to be revealed.  I think fans took it as if it was the actual cover and assumed that what Aldo thought, when in reality he was just excited his image was chosen to help promote what was still being worked on.  Also, if you recall, another promotional image was used to promote the concert film for the Showtime airing.  Once again, many assumed that was going to be the actual cover.  That said, Aldo's was never confirmed by him or her team that was the actual cover. People just assumed that!  And of course, anyone of us would be delighted to know Madonna used our artwork to promote any of work. I truly believe that's what Aldo was excited about. 

Not the assumptions thing again. I'm reporting what said at the time and what happened. I remember the Showtime edit and the email which had the cover. It wasn't until those group of photos which one of the final was chosen for the final cover was picked. 

4 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

That pic was just DREADFUL. The poor cropping, her floating in the air, the copy/paste dancer, him stealing the background from a Wonder Woman poster. Everything about it was wrong. I really don't know why she liked Aldo's work so much. All he did was use filters and threw in a background he stole from something and called it his own. I'm honestly surprised he or her label never got sued for using samples from official movie posters. 

Thank god they changed it to the beautiful cover we haven now. I think it's because fans harassed Guy on Twitter and IG endlessly about changing the cover, even using the final cover as a recommendation. Probably the only time he listened to us. 

Yes, the original mock up was like you said. The Wonder Woman background from one of the promotional images of the film. She also used him for the Tears of a Clown program in Miami if I'm not mistaken. Not sure either, there are countless fans that tag her with beautiful designs and professional standards quality graphics but she chooses his work which is terrible.

I remember the fans tagging him and sending better images to be chosen along with a fan who did a mockup of his version of the Rebel Heart Tour DVD/CD which used an image from the Iconic backdrop and stage similar to Confessions/Sticky and Sweet. There were also other ones as well. Lots of photos were tagged until the final image was used that we see today.

8 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Not the assumptions thing again. I'm reporting what said at the time and what happened. I remember the Showtime edit and the email which had the cover. It wasn't until those group of photos which one of the final was chosen for the final cover was picked. 

There is no assumption on my part.  No one said Aldo's image or the Showtime image was official.  People just assumed it was.  That's all I'm saying.  I saw it all unfold as well.  I got the same emails as you.  Like mentioned, there was no confirmation that Aldo or the Showtime image was going to be official.  Yet, that didn't stop much of the fan base to get into a tizzy over it, and assume it was the finished product. 

Just now, MarXus said:

There is no assumption on my part.  No one said Aldo's image or the Showtime image was official.  People just assumed it was.  That's all I'm saying.  I saw it all unfold as well.  I got the same emails as you.  Like mentioned, there was no confirmation that Aldo or the Showtime image was going to be official.  Yet, that didn't stop much of the fan base to get into a tizzy over it, and assume it was the finished product. 

It was in the press release and multiple news article during the home release promotional route before the final image was chosen. He was ecstatic about his image being used and did respond to people whom critiqued his work at the time. Fans tagged Oseary and members of her team to other graphic designs done by fans and professional photos of the tour that were online. It may not be concrete but it was used to announce it until the final mockup for all versions of the home release hit the internet. 

Well, the fan base does have a right to comment on subpar work and designs beneath her. 

6 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

It was in the press release and multiple news article during the home release promotional route before the final image was chosen. He was ecstatic about his image being used and did respond to people whom critiqued his work at the time. Fans tagged Oseary and members of her team to other graphic designs done by fans and professional photos of the tour that were online. It may not be concrete but it was used to announce it until the final mockup for all versions of the home release hit the internet. 

Well, the fan base does have a right to comment on subpar work and designs beneath her. 

None of what you stated, I'm disputing.  Al I am saying is, no one had confirmed it was "official" from her camp.  And of course Aldo would be ecstatic.  You would be too if it was your working she was using.  He may have been mislead or misunderstood if he truly thought his work would be the cover.

The fan base is quite fickle and is rarely happy with anything, so it doesn't surprise me how they got upset.  I never said they didn't have the right to get upset.  It's just seems silly to me to get so worked up over some artwork which never was confirmed as official.

By the way, the press and some online stores have been known to use unofficial artwork to promote her work as they used Rob Jacobs artwork several times in the past.

Moving along, a fan who attended said she ordered the filming for last night. So two shows filmed and any more if people spot cameras. There were some technical hiccups during Dark Ballet and apparently, she limped and was helped up the stairs by a dancer (not too much) but in case of future filmings or any last shots needing to be re-done, more footage to play and make a composite of although hopefully it isn't as noticeable as MDNA or RHT.

10 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Yes, the original mock up was like you said. The Wonder Woman background from one of the promotional images of the film. She also used him for the Tears of a Clown program in Miami if I'm not mistaken. Not sure either, there are countless fans that tag her with beautiful designs and professional standards quality graphics but she chooses his work which is terrible.

I remember the fans tagging him and sending better images to be chosen along with a fan who did a mockup of his version of the Rebel Heart Tour DVD/CD which used an image from the Iconic backdrop and stage similar to Confessions/Sticky and Sweet. There were also other ones as well. Lots of photos were tagged until the final image was used that we see today.

Can we please see the original image again. I've forgotten it and I need a good laugh lol