Filming of new tour - part 2

Bat-Fan

57 minutes ago, madgefan said:

Oh please, don't start worrying/creating drama about something that hasn't even been filmed yet!!!

And Madonna won't miss the chance to sell the show on physical cause she knows we're all hungry consumerist bitches.

Leave it to Bat-fan.  He will go on and on about it. He's never happy!  LOL!

You're so right!  This will be available on DVD/BLU-Ray and digitally and most likely available on some streaming site at some point.  I have a feeling she's struck a deal with Amazon Prime.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I think it is likely she has struck a deal with some sort of streaming service, however I will be very shocked if it isn’t released physically. I’m hoping for a 4K Blu-Ray with this one but we’ll see :Madonna030:

54 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Leave it to Bat-fan.  He will go on and on about it. He's never happy!  LOL!

You're so right!  This will be available on DVD/BLU-Ray and digitally and most likely available on some streaming site at some point.  I have a feeling she's struck a deal with Amazon Prime.

Bat Fan was fretting about the Rebel Heart Tour filming/release back in the day too

47 minutes ago, THE ROSE MIST said:

Bat Fan was fretting about the Rebel Heart Tour filming/release back in the day too

Yep!  And complained and doubted it would ever happen every step of the way.  Not just here, at various Madonna forums.  His obsession over Blond Ambition has been notorious as well.

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I think it is likely she has struck a deal with some sort of streaming service, however I will be very shocked if it isn’t released physically. I’m hoping for a 4K Blu-Ray with this one but we’ll see :Madonna030:

It's Amazon Prime. Same company which filmed and streams her "The World of Madame X" is filming this as well. The plus to all this is that the way they filmed and presented it, it was very nice and minimalistic. Not a lot of crazy effects, etc.  I'm thinking this film will be presented in a minimalist way as it should be.  Probably a lot of "sweeping" camera views to give the viewers a good view of the stage throughout the show. 

Also, I'm betting this will not take a year for it to be available (well maybe the physical format might be since streaming is the way to go and they want to retain the right to be the exclusive screener).  I'm betting we'll be getting to see this by no later than the summer.

8 minutes ago, ScottyX said:

I too am obsessed with Blond Whosbitchin Tour

LOL!  We all want that on DVD, but that's all Bat posts about along with the current tour filming.  Never posts on anything else much.  Different strokes for different folks, I guess.  :Madonna004:

Guest Nobody Knows Me
3 minutes ago, MarXus said:

It's Amazon Prime. Same company which filmed and streams her "The World of Madame X" is filming this as well. The plus to all this is that the way they filmed and presented it, it was very nice and minimalistic. Not a lot of crazy effects, etc.  I'm thinking this film will be presented in a minimalist way as it should be.  Probably a lot of "sweeping" camera views to give the viewers a good view of the stage throughout the show. 

This all sounds fantastic. It’d be fantastic if we got this by the end of the year :Madonna003:  

Just now, Nobody Knows Me said:

This all sounds fantastic. It’d be fantastic if we got this by the end of the year :Madonna003:  

Oh, I'm betting it will be available for streaming in the next several months after the tour is finished. As mentioned, probably by the summer at the latest. 

I suspect they probably are filming multiple nights, but it's nice to know they are filming it right off the bat in Lisbon.  I still worry about her injuries and I'm not sure she will make all the London dates.  So many of them, and I expect some cancellations by then.

16 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Also, I'm betting this will not take a year for it to be available (well maybe the physical format might be since streaming is the way to go and they want to retain the right to be the exclusive screener).  I'm betting we'll be getting to see this by no later than the summer.

The production company doing the filming is a Lisbon based company, nothing to do with Amazon Prime. They only made the doco which was sold to Amazon. And it’s now been confirmed this tour film is being directed by Ricardo Gomes.

As for it being available soon/in the summer, we have no reason to assume that. It would be great but let’s not get our hopes up.

Hearing rumors from a very reliable source (same one who confirmed Rebel Heart on Showtime months in advance) that all streaming rights have already been sold to Disney+. Premiering in June to correspond with the Avengers movie release as part of a massive content launch that's expected to compete heavily with Netflix (hence the Netflix rumors).

Additionally, she's apparently signed a 5-year partnership with Disney for exclusive Madonna content. This means that her material can be used in original movie productions, theme parks, etc. Similar to how Aerosmith licensed its content to the Rock N Roller Coaster in Florida. And Disney will co-sponsor future touring, if it is to take place (similar to how Virgin Mobile had heavy sponsoring rights during the Britney Circus Tour).

There are talks Disney may be spearheading a biopic about her life, capitalizing on the success of Rocketman and Bohemian Rhapsody. There are already quiet talks talking place with Keira Knightly and Dakota Fanning. Her management sees this as a way to re-introduce her legacy to a new generation, I guess? I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if she launches a massive new legacy project in parallel. Probably not for a good few years, though. 

I'm surprised myself, but she's done crazier things. This insider has yet to be wrong. :confused:

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 minutes ago, techno101 said:

And Disney will co-sponsor future touring, if it is to take place (similar to how Virgin Mobile had heavy sponsoring rights during the Britney Circus Tour).

At least this gives me hope that she doesn’t think this is going to be her last tour. 

6 minutes ago, techno101 said:

Hearing rumors from a very reliable source (same one who confirmed Rebel Heart on Showtime months in advance) that all streaming rights have already been sold to Disney+. Premiering in June to correspond with the Avengers movie release as part of a massive content launch that's expected to compete heavily with Netflix (hence the Netflix rumors).

Additionally, she's apparently signed a 5-year partnership with Disney for exclusive Madonna content. This means that her material can be used in original movie productions, theme parks, etc. Similar to how Aerosmith licensed its content to the Rock N Roller Coaster in Florida. And Disney will co-sponsor future touring, if it is to take place (similar to how Virgin Mobile had heavy sponsoring rights during the Britney Circus Tour).

There are talks Disney may be spearheading a biopic about her life, capitalizing on the success of Rocketman and Bohemian Rhapsody. There are already quiet talks talking place with Keira Knightly and Dakota Fanning. Her management sees this as a way to re-introduce her legacy to a new generation, I guess? I don't know, but I wouldn't be surprised if she launches a massive new legacy project in parallel. Probably not for a good few years, though. 

I'm surprised myself, but she's done crazier things. This insider has yet to be wrong. :confused:

Fascinating. If true, I think she's in good hands with Disney. Good riddance , Live Nation! 

I've seen the news about the show being filmed. I am so happy and I totally think Lisbon is the right place to film it. I cannot wait to see her in Paris. And I hope we'll know about the live release soon after the end of the tour, please please please.  The Rebel Heart live release was a real torture.

1 hour ago, techno101 said:

This just sounds.....way left field. Disney+ doesn't allow anything beyond PG-13 material on their streaming service, first of all. And Disney is geared towards kids so it makes zero sense to have such a monster deal to be exclusive to Madonna. I don't think your source is telling the truth but only time will tell. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
8 minutes ago, musicinferno said:

Now that the Live Nation contract is finished, she's not tied to Intersope anymore. However, I'm sure they will be the ones to release the tour video/audio. 

I wonder what’s next though in terms of a record label. I can’t see her reuniting with Interscope or Warner.

1 hour ago, techno101 said:

PREPOSTEROUS! :ahh:

If they do in fact plan to film for a DVD, I hope they don’t edit the shit out of her voice. From what I’ve heard online in sound clips, this is the best she’s ever sounded on a tour, aside from Girlie Show. While I may not be INTO or GUNG HO(E) about the Madame X tour, she’s sounding better than ever vocally. Madonna is at her best when her vocal game is strong. 

2 hours ago, musicinferno said:

This just sounds.....way left field. Disney+ doesn't allow anything beyond PG-13 material on their streaming service, first of all. And Disney is geared towards kids so it makes zero sense to have such a monster deal to be exclusive to Madonna. I don't think your source is telling the truth but only time will tell. 

Disney has branched out a lot. For instance, they own or partly own ABC. ABC  has shows for everyone of all age groups. Their late night shows can get edgy. 

3 hours ago, Voguerista said:

Fascinating. If true, I think she's in good hands with Disney. Good riddance , Live Nation! 

Live Nation isn't necessarily something she should ditch.  And I'm not sure these two go hand in hand anyway.   Live Nation is a huge touring industry.  Disney is not.  She's still in good hands with Live Nation tour wise.  It's just a matter of getting Madonna and camp down to reality level when it comes to ticket prices. 

2 hours ago, musicinferno said:

Totally agree. I believe it's nothing but horse nonsense.  Like you mentioned, Madonna's material is far more adult for Disney as it is. 

3 hours ago, THE ROSE MIST said:

The production company doing the filming is a Lisbon based company, nothing to do with Amazon Prime. They only made the doco which was sold to Amazon. And it’s now been confirmed this tour film is being directed by Ricardo Gomes.

As for it being available soon/in the summer, we have no reason to assume that. It would be great but let’s not get our hopes up.

I'm just making conversation about it.  Not promising anything or confirming anything.  But there's probably a good chance Amazon is getting this since her Madame X Doc was premiered there.

Besides, the whole Disney+ mention is far more "out there" than what I've suggested.