BEDTIME STORIES: Her Most Underrated Album!

MarXus

16 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I think there’s a chance of her scoring another hit if she teams up with another artist who people would be really interested in her doing a duet with. For example, her collaborating with other “divas” such as Cher, Mariah Carey, Lady Gaga, Kylie Minogue would generate more media attention, and if the song were promoted decently and maybe with a big award show performance or something, there’s a chance it could chart well. But yes, I would be stunned if she managed to score a hit by herself again. 

Sorry, I can't see her scoring a hit with any of those women.  Most of them you mentioned are struggling to get top 40 hits themselves.  Lady Gaga, a big maybe, but I still doubt it.  Gaga is struggling with her own original stuff.  She was just lucky to score big on a remake of a popular movie that starred a very popular actor of the time.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
6 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Sorry, I can't see her scoring a hit with any of those women.  Most of them you mentioned are struggling to get top 40 hits themselves.  Lady Gaga, a big maybe, but I still doubt it.  Gaga is struggling with her own original stuff.  She was just lucky to score big on a remake of a popular movie that starred a very popular actor of the time.

It’s not so much about the commercial success of the artists I listed, it’s about the hype it would generate. As far as the general public are aware, Madonna and Lady Gaga are viewed as rivals and therefore I do believe if they ever did a duet, the public would be interested, and the media would be all over it, and I do believe it could have a shot of commercial success. Perhaps not so much with Cher, however it would probably spark an interest in older fans maybe. And as for Kylie, I could see a duet between those two performing well in the UK. That said, I don’t think she really cares about the charts anymore anyway and there’s no way she’ll ever duet with any of those women, no matter how much some people may want it. (me)

3 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

It’s not so much about the commercial success of the artists I listed, it’s about the hype it would generate. As far as the general public are aware, Madonna and Lady Gaga are viewed as rivals and therefore I do believe if they ever did a duet, the public would be interested, and the media would be all over it, and I do believe it could have a shot of commercial success. Perhaps not so much with Cher, however it would probably spark an interest in older fans maybe. And as for Kylie, I could see a duet between those two performing well in the UK. That said, I don’t think she really cares about the charts anymore anyway and there’s no way she’ll ever duet with any of those women, no matter how much some people may want it. (me)

Oh, I don't doubt it won't create hype, but she's not going to make new music for another few years, no one is going to be as interested in her and who she collab with unless it's someone relatively new on the charts.  For instance, if she teamed up with Lizzo with a release this past year, it may have became a top 40 hit.  Commercial success will not come with those older artists.  Smaller regions where Kylie is still doing well could be a possibility, but other than some hardcore fans, I don't think anyone else will care. 

Honestly, a hit for Madonna whether it's a duet or not, it has to be something totally out of the left park to gain any commercial success.  Madonna doesn't have enough interest in the general public anymore for a new hit song.  Though, I can see something happening with an older song resurging, if it is tied to something hugely nostalgic. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, MarXus said:

For instance, if she teamed up with Lizzo with a release this past year, it may have became a top 40 hit. 

The mess that song would have been :Madonna031:

1 hour ago, MarXus said:

I agree and I doubt M would want to perform with any of those women. 

Also hasn't Gaga become irrelevant herself? 

@MarXusI agree, I can see her having a hit with an older song which is remixed or as you say tied to a blockbuster film or T.V. program. A bit like how the Eurythmics 'Sweet Dreams (are made of these)' has remerged in the charts over the years. 

Yet which one is a mystery. 

1 hour ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

The mess that song would have been :Madonna031:

Mess or not, it would probably do well if it was released by Lizzo.  I don't get the hype with Lizzo. Not really interested in her type of music. Then again, I haven't listen to enough. Just enough to know I'm not interested. 

Anyway, it's going to take someone new like her that hasn't had a lot of overkill yet.  Other than that, I don't see Madonna getting another top 40 hit.

Manic Street Preachers produced tracks. I Don’t Need Anyone and Some Kind Of Bliss.

i think when the album was handed in, the label thought ‘WTF is this?’ And the two Manics tracks were added to make the album more commercial, and provide a hit to sell it. Even if you like the album, it can hardly be considered to be packed with potential chart toppers.

ironically, at least in the UK, Some Kind Of Bliss was the lowest peaking single. Had a great video, very catchy, but the most hideous single artwork ever. So the second Manics track was never issued as a single (I consider it the best non single on the album and better than Bliss, but not as instant).

Did It Again, one of my favourite Kylie singles, charted better, thanks to an amazing video, and Breathe had some good remixes that turned it from a funeral march LP mix to a dance anthem. Even the single version was sped up. Cowboy Style, another good song, wasn’t issued in the UK.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 hour ago, Ashley said:

I Don't Need Anyone and Some Kind of Bliss are great tracks. 

The album doesn’t have any bad tracks, in my opinion. Her best album for me.

47 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

The tracks written by/with the Manic Street Preachers. Even though they are my fellow countrymen, I have never been able to get into their music. 

I was completely oblivious to that. I knew Brothers in Rhythm worked on the album with her. 

It would have been great if Massive Attack had a go with Kylie hey. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
14 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I was completely oblivious to that. I knew Brothers in Rhythm worked on the album with her. 

It would have been great if Massive Attack had a go with Kylie hey. 

I’d love to see them work with Madonna again. I Want You really is a masterpiece for me.

21 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I’d love to see them work with Madonna again. I Want You really is a masterpiece for me.

yeah one of them originally wanted her to do the vocals for Teardrop but the other two wanted Elizabeth Fraser in the end they went with her which Madonna was disappointed by but is cool cause that's my favourite song of all time but imagine if she did it I think id love it even more

19 minutes ago, louis.exe said:

yeah one of them originally wanted her to do the vocals for Teardrop but the other two wanted Elizabeth Fraser in the end they went with her which Madonna was disappointed by but is cool cause that's my favourite song of all time but imagine if she did it I think id love it even more

Imagine if she recorded Be Thankful for What You've Got and did the video hahaha 

On 1/18/2020 at 9:18 AM, Guest Ashley said:

Imagine if she recorded Be Thankful for What You've Got and did the video hahaha 

Well, this seemed to be one of your last posts here.  I'm a bit riddled by it, and would love to know what sent you packing after this post.  Miss you Ashley. 

On 1/22/2020 at 9:25 AM, Voguerista said:

I wish Ashley would come back! Ashley, if you read this, please write to fighter to reactivate your account which he said he could do.

#AshleyComeBack

Unfortunately, I don't think he's coming back anytime soon.  Hopefully, he's doing well.  He'll be missed.

42 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Love this album track. I will admit when the album was first released, I was a bit bored of this song.  But over time, the beauty of her lyrics, voice and song has spoke to me:

The lyrics break my heart every time. "Instead of spring, it's always winter...." :broken:

2 hours ago, MarXus said:

Love this album track. I will admit when the album was first released, I was a bit bored of this song.  But over time, the beauty of her lyrics, voice and song has spoke to me:

I have always loved this song. Such a beautiful track.... and it is criminal that it has been ignored on her live tours. I think it would sound really great in an acoustic set