Songs that are simply unnecessary for the madame x tour

byebyebaby

7 minutes ago, kevon said:

LOL I have not attendant the madame x tour

As I thought!  Thank you for answering the question. 

I just find it interesting it's always the people who haven't seen the show are the most critical and think it needs to be changed, etc.  :Madonna003:

Guest Nobody Knows Me
49 minutes ago, louis.exe said:

I think human nature fits great on this tour though it is one of my favourite Madonna songs so I guess I am bias 

I think it fits as well. The message, the new arrangement. I think it’s great personally and I think it’s one of her best songs as well. 

Human Nature is one of the best parts in person, so no. The only issue is the abrupt transition from Dark Ballet into it. 

Which brings me to the main issue — Song transitions. Her old tours had a bit of a mega mix feel to them with the set list, and this one is completely missing that instrumental coherence, even if the song themes don’t go together.

I’ve mentioned before that the biggest issue with the set list is the ordering of songs and the terrible production on some of them. The framework is there for a great set. But Crave into Like a Prayer for instance? What...?

In addition to completely reordering the set list (Dark Ballet really should have been the opener...God Control later in the set...I Don’t Search I Find as closer...), the concert would really benefit from a few song choice changes (nothing too major):

* Express Yourself / Papa Don’t Preach / La Isla Bonita in full and not a cappella

* Rescue Me Interlude into a full performance of Rescue Me

* Justify My Love in the spy section (imagine how theatrical this could be with the detectives?!)

* Removal of Crazy / Portuguese songs - Complete filler (sorry Sodade fans)

* Bedtime Story to close out show before encore of IDSIF — It totally goes with the words theme throughout the show 

* SOMETHING. ANYTHING. From Confessions. Why does this woman hate this album?!

And dear god, better choreography in some of the songs (I’m looking at you, Crave remix turned Cher concert).

20 hours ago, kevon said:

I like the madame x tour concept but i don't like setlist. We are all here talking sharing our opinions. theres no need to comment something like this. Bye

There's 'sharing opinions' and then there's spamming for no reason. You've opened like 6 topics about this when you could have just kept it all to one. 

Also, if we're all here talking and sharing our opinions, then you can't tell me that I shouldn't comment on the fact that you're spamming. Grow up.

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I really wanted her to rework all of the songs on the setlist with a live band like she did on The Girlie Show. A theatre tour would have been the perfect opportunity for something like that again.

4 hours ago, jmrgby88 said:

There's 'sharing opinions' and then there's spamming for no reason. You've opened like 6 topics about this when you could have just kept it all to one. 

Also, if we're all here talking and sharing our opinions, then you can't tell me that I shouldn't comment on the fact that you're spamming. Grow up.

B Y E LOL

2 hours ago, PNutButter said:

The biggest issue isn't the songs themselves but the mixes used. She has these incredible musicians on stage with her, so why are the album versions being used?

2 hours ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I really wanted her to rework all of the songs on the setlist with a live band like she did on The Girlie Show. A theatre tour would have been the perfect opportunity for something like that again.

I wish sometimes she had taken more time to plan this tour with the suggestions above. I've thought so many times that she had to rush it ....probably because of Live Nation putting on the pressure? Whatever the case, it felt rushed in the planning stages and she didn't have creative help like in the past. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
22 hours ago, techno101 said:

In addition to completely reordering the set list (Dark Ballet really should have been the opener...God Control later in the set...I Don’t Search I Find as closer...), the concert would really benefit from a few song choice changes (nothing too major):

* Express Yourself / Papa Don’t Preach / La Isla Bonita in full and not a cappella

* Rescue Me Interlude into a full performance of Rescue Me

* Justify My Love in the spy section (imagine how theatrical this could be with the detectives?!)

* Removal of Crazy / Portuguese songs - Complete filler (sorry Sodade fans)

* Bedtime Story to close out show before encore of IDSIF — It totally goes with the words theme throughout the show 

* SOMETHING. ANYTHING. From Confessions. Why does this woman hate this album?!

I really like these ideas. Justify My Love could have been really interesting with the spy theme, especially if Mirwais perhaps did a new arrangement of the song. 

On 5/1/2020 at 8:07, Rory said:

Para mí ... es el futuro. Realmente no me gusta la canción y arrastra ese set. Reemplácelo con palabras (las acciones hablan más que las palabras) ... ese motivo de máquina de escribir habría hecho que esta pista inesperada del álbum sobresaliera. Habría estado perfectamente ubicado en el lugar de Future y habría sido el momento de concierto sorpresa para el que viven los fanáticos. 

Words!!! Perfecto!!