How do you feel about Madonna these days?

Lucky90210

Do you agree?  

35 members voted

1. 1. Has Madonna become pretentious?

• Yes.
    • No.

31 minutes ago, Ashley said:

But on another note, the only thing I'm not comfortable with about M is her line of younger lovers and I feel the same when I read about men like Leonardo Dicaprio. 

If she dated people of mixed age range, yeah the massive age difference with a partner now and then would not be a problem. Yet going on experience when people have a strong preference for partners with a massive age difference whether younger or older there always is an underlying issue happening. 

How does that even remotely affect your life?  I don't get why people bring this up?  It's like someone coming up to you on anything you choose to do that might not be socially accepted and telling you shouldn't do it?  How silly is that?  Society shouldn't dictate how people live, especially if they aren't hurting anyone.  Who Madonna spends her time with, shares her bed with or even loves is no one's business but hers.  The only thing we should be hopeful for is, if who ever she chooses to partner up with whether it's for a short time or the long haul, is if they treat her good as well as her kids.  But, Madonna has been around the block many times with men, so it's safe to say she knows what to look for to keep herself and family out of harms way. Besides, a man her own age could treat her like shit and cheat on her just as much as anyone who is younger.  Age is just a number.  Don't let that number dictate who you should love. 

Guest Ashley
Just now, MarXus said:

Age is just a number.  Don't let that number dictate who you should love. 

There's life experience and emotional maturity as well. 

If you read my comment, I didn't say there's a problem with intergenerational dating or fucking, I said when people have a fixed preference on age whether younger or older, in my experience there's always an underlying issue. 

13 minutes ago, Ashley said:

There's life experience and emotional maturity as well. 

If you read my comment, I didn't say there's a problem with intergenerational dating or fucking, I said when people have a fixed preference on age whether younger or older, in my experience there's always an underlying issue. 

Yes, I get what you are saying there, but you have no idea who this guy she's seeing?  Not everyone that young falls under "emotional maturity".  I know myself; I have always been mature for my age. People always said that.  I know plenty of young men and women who have proven to be wise among their years. 

Then again, maybe Madonna isn't looking for anything lasting. Maybe there is an aggreement with those men?  Who knows?  What I do know, it's not our business! 

Guest Ashley
1 minute ago, MarXus said:

Yes, I get what you are saying there, but you have no idea who this guy is she's seeing?  Not everyone that young falls under "emotional maturity".  I know myself; I have always been mature for my age. People always said that.  I know plenty of young men and women who have proven to be wise among their years. 

Then again, maybe Madonna isn't looking for anything lasting. Maybe there is an aggreement with those men?  Who knows?  What I do know, it's not our business! 

There's always something up when people have a rigid preference for age. Especially with celebrity culture and the power difference between an older celebrity and a younger person. 

Just now, Ashley said:

There's always something up when people have a rigid preference for age. Especially with celebrity culture and the power difference between an older celebrity and a younger person. 

Look, I respect you have an opinion on this, so we'll have to agree to disagree.  Me?  I rather not put people in a box when it comes to relationships and age differences.  Everyone is different.  What works for some, will not work for others.  At the end of the day, what she does with her love life is her own business.  Life is too short to be playing by rules society sets, especially with it comes to love.  Some are born here to love one person for life, while others are here to love many!   

Guest Ashley
8 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Look, I respect you have an opinion on this, so we'll have to agree to disagree.  Me?  I rather not put people in a box when it comes to relationships and age differences.  Everyone is different.  What works for some, will not work for others.  At the end of the day, what she does with her love life is her own business.  Life is too short to be playing by rules society sets, especially with it comes to love.  Some are born here to love one person for life, while others are here to love many!   

We're going to have to disagree. As I said there's nothing wrong with intergenerational relationships or sex partners. It's when there is a rigid preference for partners of a significant age difference is when there is usually an issue happening. 

Also I could have brought race into the discussion as well. Rich powerful white person with a younger POC is another level of power inequality happening. 

Guest Ashley
12 minutes ago, HampusFL said:

Personally I am a bit bored with her at this time... think Madam X really fast became uninteresting for me... but well been a fan and followed her for about 35 years... there will always be periods when the interest is not as large as in other periods.

I was the same during the Hard Candy / Sticky and Sweet era.

Still majorly peeved Dance2Night was never released as a single with the full remix treatment.

17 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I was the same during the Hard Candy / Sticky and Sweet era.

Still majorly peeved Dance2Night was never released as a single with the full remix treatment.

I loved Hard Candy and enjoyed the S&S tour very much... but know that a lot of people were not into that period...  I will most likely always be following Madonna, but in some ways it takes more to keep my interest high that it used to... still I am here and a fan as I have always been.

Eek Dance 2night as a single... a song about dancing where they both sound so bored with themselves. 

The age/dating thing is a double standard and sad/disgusting that people judge her for who she decides to fuck with in 2019. When she was dating Warren Beatty it was the polar opposite but whatevs.