"Baby Love" on True Blue?

MarXus

Yeah, Baby Love was offered to Madonna. Back in 1983 Regina & Steve wrote/produced Love Time /Get On With The Night and Shake And Tremble,i think all three were offered to her as well.  Love Time and Get On With The Night is brilliant.We are still looking for Shake And Tremble.I am lucky enough to be friends with Regina, she is very funny, lots of stories and done so much music that never got the full recognition it deserved.Regina used to have a studio in the attic at the Music Building and Madonna would come over and do her demos and Regina would do backing vocals and vice versa.

I love "Baby love" ! I often listen to it and it's still played a lot on radio here in france. I hear it very often.  I also have a cute anecdote about that song ; when i was a kid (and already a fan of Madonna), one of my uncle was always teasing me, he'd always say to me "i have a rare Madonna 7" vinyl at my parents' house, i will take it one day for you it's "Baby love" !

to this day some people still think this was another Madonna hit :eyes:

I don't blame them, she sounds just like her :cute:

yeah I totally see it on TB, and it would've been an even bigger hit for M

come think of it, I could see it as a double A side with Spotlight for YCD too, it would've worked there as well

I love the song too

I love Baby Love as well ..over here in the UK some remixes were done like that 1200 min Double Dutch mix ... lol   Bit too Baby Baby b b b Baby Looove for me lol.  We are in the slow process of getting her album back on iTunes as it got pulled due to some red tape stuff and then get the Baby Love remixes out as well.  Loads of stuff. Plus her 2nd unreleased 1990 album as well Best Kept Secret.

Her 1981 Red Hot album is coming out digitally soon via Universal,that's took since last year lol !  Nightmare .. That was produced by Richard Gottehrer (he cofounded Sire Records and produced for Blondie etc)  That's if you into the more rocky side of Regina and then there are 5 tracks that were produced by Rob Freeman (Go-Go's Our Lips Are Sealed etc) great tracks

If you can click on it here is a clip of Get On With The Night :)

https://www.facebook.com/reginarichardsofficial/videos/622951391914874/

Edited by cyberagga
added link (see edit history)

9 hours ago, cyberagga said:

I love Baby Love as well ..over here in the UK some remixes were done like that 1200 min Double Dutch mix ... lol   Bit too Baby Baby b b b Baby Looove for me lol.  We are in the slow process of getting her album back on iTunes as it got pulled due to some red tape stuff and then get the Baby Love remixes out as well.  Loads of stuff. Plus her 2nd unreleased 1990 album as well Best Kept Secret.

Her 1981 Red Hot album is coming out digitally soon via Universal,that's took since last year lol !  Nightmare .. That was produced by Richard Gottehrer (he cofounded Sire Records and produced for Blondie etc)  That's if you into the more rocky side of Regina and then there are 5 tracks that were produced by Rob Freeman (Go-Go's Our Lips Are Sealed etc) great tracks

If you can click on it here is a clip of Get On With The Night :)

https://www.facebook.com/reginarichardsofficial/videos/622951391914874/

It sounds so good ! Funk is my fav music ever !

Madonna talked about it in her 89 interview with Molly Meldrum. She was mad at Bray especially since Regina purposedly replicated Madonna's way of singing on Into the Groove. With True Blue she wanted to go the opposite way of everything she had done previously, Baby Love and Each Time you Break My Heart have the same structure and chord progression as Into The Groove. Spotlight was too similar to Holiday. Theysure are better than Jimmy, Jimmy and Love Makes the World Go Round but Madonna decided otherwise. I guess "Working my fingers to the bone" with Jellybean must have known the same fate for the same reason. "Madonna's sound" was everywhere with Regina, Alisha, E.G Daly, Breakfast Club... using the same chord progressions as ITG hence why she did not want to replicate her sound since it was already on the verge of being over. She changed her look but she also changed her sound with TB.

16 hours ago, TonyMontana said:

It sounds so good ! Funk is my fav music ever !

Yeah mine too, we were like omg when we heard it.A lot out there say she copied Madonna but in all fairness Regina was around before Madonna and as i said i have a demo of a song with both of them on Madonna on lead and Regina backing, think of her singing Drowning (that era of voice,so 1980) very similar voices. We have other demos where she is really good. The second album as well is great, just a shame it got shelved.