Recording the audio in Lisbon...anyone wanna join?

emanon

28 minutes ago, emanon said:

I'm planning to record the audio with a cellphone on January 21.

anyone wanna join these recording sessions in the other days? I think Lisbon shows will be a little more special cause Madame X was born there,

I hope Madonna doesn't cancel that show and your recording will be in great quality ???????

I have an iphone 4s... 

If possible, try to use an external mic. Even plugging in your Apple earphones and recording via the mic in those yields much better audio than the phone mic itself (esp if u use a recording app that let's u set output quality). I do it for shows all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No idea. I think though to get the best audio you need to download/buy a specific app. The standard recording app's will auto adjust everytime you move the position of the mic and the levels won't be consistent. If you get an app that lets you set the recording level permanently you should get a better result, just make sure it is not up too high or you'll get distortion. Sadly its not always easy to test in a situation where you arent even allowed to have phones let alone record.

We should also get some tips from some of the people that recorded the US shows because some sound good.

I have an LG V50 the audio quality should be really good but I never test it (I bought the phone on Christmas). Buy I was wondering, is the yonder case a problem for the microphone? I think it’s better outside, but we have to close the phone in there...

58 minutes ago, ron92 said:

I have an LG V50 the audio quality should be really good but I never test it (I bought the phone on Christmas). Buy I was wondering, is the yonder case a problem for the microphone? I think it’s better outside, but we have to close the phone in there...

This is a concert filmed with LG V30:

LG, according to many, has the best sound results.

If I remember well, other members here recorded from the phone locked inside the yondr case!

The LG V30 sounds better. But that could be Cos the person was closer to the stage too. It’s hard to know.

In any case I wouldn’t recommend spending money for this unless you really know what you’re doing. I took a portable recorder to one of the Rebel Heart shows and it just wasn’t worth the hassle for the outcome I got.

Its the same with taking videos. I was right up front and took some videos and the result was quite good but there are of course people out there doing that took better videos than mine. Then on a different night I was also up the front and didn’t take a single video and had a lot more fun.

16 hours ago, milotjuh said:

If possible, try to use an external mic. Even plugging in your Apple earphones and recording via the mic in those yields much better audio than the phone mic itself (esp if u use a recording app that let's u set output quality). I do it for shows all the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

external mic? I dont have apple earphones...other headphones would work for this? about recording apps, do you know any for the iphone?