Recording the audio in Lisbon...anyone wanna join?

emanon

I mean, the app shouldn't matter. The phone is capable of what the phone is capable. Just make sure whatever app it is you adjust the settings. I wasn't paying attention and my settings were on a lower quality using the iPhone's basic recording app. I would assume its set that way to save space on the phone. 

The yonder case obviously probably muffles it a bit, but you don't really have a choice. 

12 hours ago, Enrico said:

Which App? Also for Android?

recordpad for iphone. 

Later today, I'm gonna make another test. With dictaphone (the one that comes with iphone), I cant adjust the settings. with recordpad I can adjust...and I will do it for the best.

I don't know if yonder cases will be used here in Lisbon. Let's wait for the first show. About phones...I will take two. They can put one in prison, and the other will be a spy...ah ah ah but If there are no yonder cases...i will use both...

and yes, the sound I recorded yesterday with recordpad app was so much better than the one with dictaphone...

11 hours ago, RUADJAI said:

I mean, the app shouldn't matter. The phone is capable of what the phone is capable. Just make sure whatever app it is you adjust the settings. I wasn't paying attention and my settings were on a lower quality using the iPhone's basic recording app. I would assume its set that way to save space on the phone. 

The yonder case obviously probably muffles it a bit, but you don't really have a choice. 

It does actually. Esp on iPhone the voice recorder app just records in max. mono at 64kbps, despite the phone being able to record in much higher quality, with a dedicated recording app you can change the output quality. I use HD Audio Recorder, which lets you set the output quality. (it's not free, however)

Using an external mic (such as those in headphones, which is also the least conspicuous) generates much clearer audio. If you record with the internal phone mic, esp in a concert setting, the heavy bass and ruffling of the device is gonna distort quite the sound a bit. I find the apple headphones are quite good for this, much better mic than those in the beats earphones e.g, but all are better than the phone mic.

31 minutes ago, milotjuh said:

It does actually. Esp on iPhone the voice recorder app just records in max. mono at 64kbps, despite the phone being able to record in much higher quality, with a dedicated recording app you can change the output quality. I use HD Audio Recorder, which lets you set the output quality. (it's not free, however)

Using an external mic (such as those in headphones, which is also the least conspicuous) generates much clearer audio. If you record with the internal phone mic, esp in a concert setting, the heavy bass and ruffling of the device is gonna distort quite the sound a bit. I find the apple headphones are quite good for this, much better mic than those in the beats earphones e.g, but all are better than the phone mic.

This site suggests HIQ MP3 Voice Recorder for Android:

https://homestudioexpert.com/how-to-record-high-quality-audio-on-smart-phone/

Which is the best output setting?

I am really curious to see if the yondr cases will be used in Europe.

Were there also metal detector controls in the US? Never seen them in London...

Sorry for my total incompetence, but where do you attach the external mic? In the headphones hole?

I have one similar to this that I used to attach to a minidisc recorder:

measures-external-mic-478x410.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 11:44 AM, Enrico said:

This site suggests HIQ MP3 Voice Recorder for Android:

https://homestudioexpert.com/how-to-record-high-quality-audio-on-smart-phone/

Which is the best output setting?

I am really curious to see if the yondr cases will be used in Europe.

Were there also metal detector controls in the US? Never seen them in London...

Sorry for my total incompetence, but where do you attach the external mic? In the headphones hole?

I have one similar to this that I used to attach to a minidisc recorder:

measures-external-mic-478x410.jpg

@Enricowhere do i get a mic like the one in your picture?

4 minutes ago, Fighter said:

already did belovedt :polish:

Yes, @Fighterdid help me! ? I was Gonna post it tomorrow, but @fighter you can post it. the original recording its not crystal clear, but I think it is really good for a pirate recording sponsored by Yondr cases! And @fighter helped me. To me this is special, I can hear everything, its my memory helper. Hope you guys enjoy as much as I still enjoy it. it was a pleasure to be a spy in the House of Madame X. And Fighter was really Nice doing it for me,  im not used to the kindness he gave me. 

this