If you could change the Madame X Tour?

louis.exe

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, poserdemadonna said:

Make its schedule less demanding so Madonna would preserve her knees

Hopefully the choreography will be altered for the European leg, however Live Nation really have managed this tour very poorly. An intimate theatre tour should not have that many dates, in my opinion.

ok here goes

MADONNA

The Madame X Tour

Set List

Act 1

01.The Madame X Manifesto(Intro)
02.God Control
03.Dark Ballet
04.Human Nature
05.American Life
06.Easy Ride/X-Static Process

Act 2

07.Justify My Love/Forbidden Love 94(Interlude)
08.Vogue
09.I Don't Search I Find
10.Papa Don't Preach
11.Rescue Me/Living For Love

Act 3

12.Satin Birds(Interlude)
13.Batuka
14.Killers Who Are Partying
15.Why's It So Hard
16.What It Feels Like For a Girl
17.La Isla Bonita
18.Medellin

Act 4

19.Falling Free(Interlude)
20.Frozen/Looking For Mercy
21.Come Alive
22.Future
23.Holiday
24.Crave(Tracy Young Mix)

Encore

25.I Rise
26.Like a Prayer

40 minutes ago, louis.exe said:

ok here goes

MADONNA

The Madame X Tour

Set List

Act 1

02.God Control
03.Dark Ballet
04.Human Nature
05.American Life

Act 2

08.Vogue
09.I Don't Search I Find
10.Papa Don't Preach

Act 3

13.Batuka
15.Why's It So Hard
17.La Isla Bonita
18.Medellin

Act 4

21.Come Alive
22.Future
23.Holiday

Encore

25.I Rise
26.Like a Prayer

Wow. Definitely this!

41 minutes ago, louis.exe said:

ok here goes

MADONNA

The Madame X Tour

Set List

Act 1

02.God Control
03.Dark Ballet
04.Human Nature
05.American Life

Act 2

08.Vogue
09.I Don't Search I Find
10.Papa Don't Preach

Act 3

13.Batuka
15.Why's It So Hard
17.La Isla Bonita
18.Medellin

Act 4

21.Come Alive
22.Future
23.Holiday

Encore

25.I Rise
26.Like a Prayer

Can you add Beautiful Killer?

And I agree with others on this......

58 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Hopefully the choreography will be altered for the European leg, however Live Nation really have managed this tour very poorly. An intimate theatre tour should not have that many dates, in my opinion.

1 hour ago, poserdemadonna said:

Make its schedule less demanding so Madonna would preserve her knees

35 minutes ago, PWCCA said:

For a start, get the woman to appear on the damn stage at a reasonable hour

I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- The elements are there for a great show, both with the current thematic elements and the existing setlist / choreography. It's the flow that's an absolute mess (I had similar sentiments about Rebel Heart).

All this show needs is a better narrative (hence the interlude changes), tighter production, and a set list with songs that are complementary to one another, both via audio / mixing and lyrical content. 

Additionally, I think way more time could have been put into the choreography and staging, but alas, I'm not trying to reach here...though I still think if she hired Celine's production team from Vegas for a theatre show, this would have been next level...but I digress...

Imagine the following....note that there are only 5 song changes, and these were teased at various points (except for Bedtime Story / Secret). I would kill for a show like this.

Act 1 - Madame X Is A Prisoner 

1. Introducing: Madame X / Joan of Arc (Intro)

2. Dark Ballet

3. Killers Who Are Partying

4. Human Nature

5. What It Feels Like For A Girl

6. Bedtime Story

Act 2 - Madame X Is A Head of State

7. The Coffin (Interlude)

8. American Life

9. Papa Don't Preach (Full) 

10. Future (Piano Mix)

11. Express Yourself (Full)

Act 3 - Madame X Is Traveling Around The World

11. Extreme Occident (Interlude)

12. Batuka 

13. Like a Virgin (Fado Style)

14. La Isla Bonita (Welcome To My Fado Club Tempo / Instrumental) (Full)

15. Medellin

Act 4 - Madame X Is A Mother 

16. Easy Ride Instrumental (Orchestral Interlude Extending Into...)

17. Frozen

18. Rescue Me Interlude / Rescue Me (Full)

19. Come Alive

20. Crave (Tracy Young Mix)

Act 4 - Madame X Is A Spy In The House of Love

21. Madame X Manifesto Extended (Interlude)

22. Vogue

23. Secret

24. Justify My Love

25. I Don't Search I Find

Act 5 - Madame X Is Bringing Light To Dark Places

26. James Baldwin Quote / Dancer Gunshots (Interlude)

27. God Control

28. Like a Prayer (With Elements of I Rise)

Edited by techno101 (see edit history)

16 minutes ago, techno101 said:

I've said it before, and I'll say it again -- The elements are there for a great show, both with the current thematic elements and the existing setlist / choreography. It's the flow that's an absolute mess (I had similar sentiments about Rebel Heart).

All this show needs is a better narrative (hence the interlude changes), tighter production, and a set list with songs that are complementary to one another, both via audio / mixing and lyrical content. 

Additionally, I think way more time could have been put into the choreography and staging, but alas, I'm not trying to reach here...though I still think if she hired Celine's production team from Vegas for a theatre show, this would have been next level...but I digress...

Imagine the following....note that there are only 5 song changes, and these were teased at various points (except for Bedtime Story / Secret). I would kill for a show like this.

2. Dark Ballet

4. Human Nature

6. Bedtime Story

8. American Life

10. Future (Piano Mix)

12. Batuka 

15. Medellin

17. Frozen

19. Come Alive

22. Vogue

23. Secret

24. Justify My Love

27. God Control

Excellent. Die Another Day would also work well for your act 1 prisoner theme. 

1 minute ago, Voguerista said:

Excellent. Die Another Day would also work well for your act 1 prisoner theme. 

Funny you say that -- I almost put that as the closer for Act 1 instead, but Bedtime Story deserves a spotlight tour performance -- One of her most criminally underrated songs. Additionally, I think it ties in well with the typewriter theme throughout the show, and I'd love for the stage to go dark with the words "And all that you've ever learned, try to forget, I'll never explain again" typed out.

Since the show is so heavily political and about "disturbing the peace", I like the idea of the first act being her Joan of Arc moment where she breaks from misogyny (hence Human Nature for sex and What It Feels Like For A Girl, which would be a more sinister take on the original song). Additionally, Killers Who Are Partying really deserves an overly theatrical performance to give the song more context. It's a throwaway in the current show, and it should be a highlight. And the final song of the section would be kind of a preview of what's to come in the rest of the show. 

3 minutes ago, techno101 said:

Funny you say that -- I almost put that as the closer for Act 1 instead, but Bedtime Story deserves a spotlight tour performance -- One of her most criminally underrated songs. Additionally, I think it ties in well with the typewriter theme throughout the show, and I'd love for the stage to go dark with the words "And all that you've ever learned, try to forget, I'll never explain again" typed out.

Since the show is so heavily political and about "disturbing the peace", I like the idea of the first act being her Joan of Arc moment where she breaks from misogyny (hence Human Nature for sex and What It Feels Like For A Girl, which would be a more sinister take on the original song). Additionally, Killers Who Are Partying really deserves an overly theatrical performance to give the song more context. It's a throwaway in the current show, and it should be a highlight. And the final song of the section would be kind of a preview of what's to come in the rest of the show. 

Awww I see. Very cool reason why you left it out! 

1 minute ago, Voguerista said:

Awww I see. Very cool reason why you left it out! 

I also think the James Baldwin quote at the end of the show is a better wrap-up to the concert. The show deserves a more theatrical intro.

I Don't Search I Find is another song that shouldn't be mixed in the middle of a section. Instant Madonna classic and a perfect main set closer.

And I still don't understand why Eurovision looked like such a better production than what she ended up having on tour. It was very similar technical elements and couldn't have possibly been that much more expensive. It was still mainly projections and stairs. But the additional moving parts and staging pieces made a huge difference. Like, look at Future -- It's eye candy. She needs more abstract shapes on the stage so that there are more possibilities to creatively light / project :Madonna003:

9 minutes ago, techno101 said:

I also think the James Baldwin quote at the end of the show is a better wrap-up to the concert. The show deserves a more theatrical intro.

I Don't Search I Find is another song that shouldn't be mixed in the middle of a section. Instant Madonna classic and a perfect main set closer.

And I still don't understand why Eurovision looked like such a better production than what she ended up having on tour. It was very similar technical elements and couldn't have possibly been that much more expensive. It was still mainly projections and stairs. But the additional moving parts and staging pieces made a huge difference. Like, look at Future -- It's eye candy. She needs more abstract shapes on the stage so that there are more possibilities to creatively light / project :Madonna003:

I really like your ideas. I also wanted to add that I wanted more of a theatrical narrative too.  I really like God Control at the end the way you have it. Like A Prayer/I Rise elements would make a powerful statement at the very end. 

You are all so good at this. It's more difficult to make a set list than I thought for everything that goes into it. 

2 minutes ago, Voguerista said:

I really like your ideas. I also wanted to add that I wanted more of a theatrical narrative too.  I really like God Control at the end the way you have it. Like A Prayer/I Rise elements would make a powerful statement at the very end. 

You are all so good at this. It's more difficult to make a set list than I thought for everything that goes into it. 

Haha thanks, one my friends has always said I should apply to be a creative consultant for her :laughing: She's an incredible artist, but it never hurts to have a few team members around her that can help her sculpt out her vision...it seems that is what is missing for her nowadays. She always had her brother or Jamie King very readily advising. It seems she went rogue and did the executive producing of this show on her own, and I think that's what has partially caused this shift in how her tours are perceived nowadays.

If anyone here remembers the Britney Femme Fatale Tour (yes, I know, it was an absolute mess, but that's besides the point), I always thought that show provided a good thematic foundation for what I would have expected with this tour. The idea of the Femme Fatale traveling all over the world was very similar to what I thought Madonna would do with Madame X. The story was told throughout the show in interludes (none of it made sense, but again, it's Britney not Madonna lol).

55 minutes ago, techno101 said:

2. Dark Ballet

4. Human Nature

6. Bedtime Story

8. American Life

10. Future (Piano Mix)

12. Batuka 

15. Medellin

17. Frozen

19. Come Alive

22. Vogue

23. Secret

24. Justify My Love

27. God Control

this is a show I'd pay a lotta money to see

Songs that I think should have been performed also

Survival

Don't Stop

Love Tried to Welcome Me

Nothing Really Matters

What It Feels Like for a Girl

Love Profusion

Nothing Fails

X-Static Process

Hung Up

Sorry

Forbidden Love 2005

4 Minutes

Give It 2 Me

Ciao Bella

Something to Remember

This Used to Be My Playground (This song could have been what live to tell was to the confessions tour)

Rain

Veras

Guest Ashley

Madame X needs a narrative and plot to present the music theatrically and tell the story of Madame X and her manifesto. It should take the audience on a journey. 

If James Baldwin was an inspiration for Madame X, then she should really follow his footsteps in storytelling. 

As I've said before it's like a typical M concert shoved into a theatre. I actually don't think this is what M had in mind when she visioned the concert, I still think she wanted something like Kate Bush's Before the Dawn. 

Guest Ashley
19 minutes ago, techno101 said:

Haha thanks, one my friends has always said I should apply to be a creative consultant for her :laughing: She's an incredible artist, but it never hurts to have a few team members around her that can help her sculpt out her vision...it seems that is what is missing for her nowadays. She always had her brother or Jamie King very readily advising. It seems she went rogue and did the executive producing of this show on her own, and I think that's what has partially caused this shift in how her tours are perceived nowadays.

Jaime King and a few others on her creative team should have been moved on years ago. 

I would be happy if she would include a complete and full vocal version of Rescue Me with the choir (and the band!) on stage (no stairs within sight). The Batukadeiras and background singers can take over the difficult parts at the end of the song. The current "snippet" is just a slap in the face for the loyal fans.

It's a shame she permanently ignores and disregards that powerful song. I think the song would have had the potential for a second Vogue if she had made an iconic video for it.

Edited by Levon (see edit history)

Guest Nobody Knows Me
12 minutes ago, Levon said:

I would be happy if she would include a complete and full vocal version of Rescue Me with the choir (and the band!) on stage (no stairs within sight). The Batukadeiras and background singers can take over the difficult parts at the end of the song.

I really am praying that she will at least do exactly this on whatever night she decides to record the show for home video release. I’d be even happier if she added it to the entire European leg, however it’s very unlikely that either of the two are going to happen unfortunately.

I always thought it could have made a really powerful closer. Most people attending this tour will be hard core fans and therefore will also have been anticipating her performing Rescue Me, so it really could have got the crowd excited for an encore. That was honestly the only really disappointing thing about this tour for me.