If you could change the Madame X Tour?

louis.exe

I haven't seen it so I can't give an opinion. But I would like her to give us a proper rendition of Rescue Me. And from the footage I've randomly watched, the typewriter intro is too long, the words a bore and the sound is annoying. I would remove the Batukeiras too. I hate them as much as I hate Batuka (I don't "hate", I'm just being emphatic)

Madame X Tour Setlist by Monsieur Hugo X:

Act 1: Madame X is a Saint:
01.- Welcome to the World of Madame X (Video Pre-Introduction)
02.- Act of Contrition (Introduction)
03.- Like a Prayer
04.- Joan of Arc Medley (Devil Pray / Joan of Arc / Dark Ballet)
05.- Future (Contains elements of "Don't Tell Me")
06.- American Stupid Words (God Control Video Intro) [Contains elements of "Words", "I'm So Stupid" and "American Life"]
07.- God Control
08.- I Rise

Act 2: Madame X is a Cabaret Singer:
09.- Bye Bye Baby (Video Interlude)
10.- Crazy
11.- What It Feels Like for a Girl (Acoustic Accordion Version)
12.- Killers Who Are Partying
13.- Batuka (Contains elements of "Skin")
14.- Looking for Mercy / Live to Tell
15.- I Don't Search I Find (Contains elements of "Get Together")

Act 3: Madame X is a Cha Cha Instructor:
16.- Funana (Video Interlude)
17.- Medellín (Contains elements of "La Isla Bonita")
18.- Faz Gostoso
19.- African Rhythm Medley [Back That Up to the Beat (Part 1) / Beat Goes On / Come Alive / Back That Up to the Beat (Part 2)]
20.- X-Static Process (Contains elements of "Easy Ride")
21.- You Must Love Me
22.- Frozen

Act 4: Madame is a Secret Agent:
23.- Extreme Occident (Video Interlude)
24.- Vogue
25.- American Life
26.- Express Yourself
27.- Like It or Not

Act 5: Madame X is a Whore
28.- CHAMPAGNE ROSÉ (Video Interlude)
29.- Rescue Me
30.- Justify My Love (Contains elements of "Human Nature")
31.- Crave
32.- Candy Shop
33.- Bitch I'm Madonna / Bitch I'm Loca
34.- Holiday

Encore Act:
35.- Celebration (Kool & the Bang Cover)

Guest Nobody Knows Me
10 minutes ago, Monsieur Hugo X said:

29.- Rescue Me
31.- Crave
32.- Candy Shop
34.- Holiday

Encore Act:

Imagine the meltdowns :Madonna009: love it!

42 minutes ago, Monsieur Hugo X said:

Madame X Tour Setlist by Monsieur Hugo X:

Act 1: Madame X is a Saint:
01.- Welcome to the World of Madame X (Video Pre-Introduction)
02.- Act of Contrition (Introduction)
03.- Like a Prayer
04.- Joan of Arc Medley (Devil Pray / Joan of Arc / Dark Ballet)
05.- Future (Contains elements of "Don't Tell Me")
06.- American Stupid Words (God Control Video Intro) [Contains elements of "Words", "I'm So Stupid" and "American Life"]
07.- God Control
08.- I Rise

Act 2: Madame X is a Cabaret Singer:
09.- Bye Bye Baby (Video Interlude)
10.- Crazy
11.- What It Feels Like for a Girl (Acoustic Accordion Version)
12.- Killers Who Are Partying
13.- Batuka (Contains elements of "Skin")
14.- Looking for Mercy / Live to Tell
15.- I Don't Search I Find (Contains elements of "Get Together")

Act 3: Madame X is a Cha Cha Instructor:
16.- Funana (Video Interlude)
17.- Medellín (Contains elements of "La Isla Bonita")
18.- Faz Gostoso
19.- African Rhythm Medley [Back That Up to the Beat (Part 1) / Beat Goes On / Come Alive / Back That Up to the Beat (Part 2)]
20.- X-Static Process (Contains elements of "Easy Ride")
21.- You Must Love Me
22.- Frozen

Act 4: Madame is a Secret Agent:
23.- Extreme Occident (Video Interlude)
24.- Vogue
25.- American Life
26.- Express Yourself
27.- Like It or Not

29.- Rescue Me
31.- Crave
32.- Candy Shop
34.- Holiday

Encore Act:

this is the greatest thing I've ever seen

1 hour ago, Gonzalo said:

Why would she do that when she has her own "Celebration"? In any case a mash-up would be good

Are you serious????

Celebration song by Kool & The Bang was rehearsed for the Madame Tour and yes I'm so serious Candy Shop would be perfect for an urban act. 

6 minutes ago, Monsieur Hugo X said:

Celebration song by Kool & The Bang was rehearsed for the Madame Tour and yes I'm so serious Candy Shop would be perfect for an urban act. 

unpopular opinion but I love candy shop so if she decides to do it in the European leg of the tour I wouldn't be mad 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Dark Ballet definitely should have been the opening number for the show. I always thought God Control would work best as an encore performance maybe followed by I Rise or Like a Prayer.

32 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Dark Ballet definitely should have been the opening number for the show. I always thought God Control would work best as an encore performance maybe followed by I Rise or Like a Prayer.

This!

And @Monsieur Hugo X I would have loved a Kool and the Gang Madonna Celebration mix in this show. Prays she's planning to add or replace a song with this one! 

1 hour ago, Monsieur Hugo X said:

Candy Shop sung in Portugese or Spanish would be interesting. 

On 1/10/2020 at 9:27 AM, louis.exe said:

unpopular opinion but I love candy shop so if she decides to do it in the European leg of the tour I wouldn't be mad 

Don't get me wrong, I like Candy Shop, but we had enough of it already. I'm quite sure she wanted this track released as a single and Warner said NO.  And Kool & The Gang's Celebration is better than Madonna's anyway so, why not

Edited by Gonzalo (see edit history)

On ‎1‎/‎10‎/‎2020 at 2:28 PM, Gonzalo said:

Don't get me wrong, i like Candy Shop, but ee had enoughof it already. I'm quite sure she wanted this track released as a single and Warner said NO.  And Kool & The Gang's Celebration is better than Madonna's anyway so, why not

yeah if she was to cover Celebration she should do something similar to the Keep It Together/Family Affair & Everybody Is A Star/Everybody 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
9 hours ago, louis.exe said:

yeah if she was to cover Celebration she should do something similar to the Keep It Together/Family Affair & Everybody Is A Star/Everybody 

I would love that. Celebration/Holiday would be great :Madonna013:

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Late to the party but thought I'd post my re-imagining of the show. I actually think the setlist for the tour is quite decent, just maybe lacks a little cohesion here and there, and some of the arrangements sound a little flat (Like a Prayer mainly) but I haven't seen the tour so I can't judge it all really. Anyway, here's my re-imagined setlist for the tour.

MADONNA
MADAME X WORLD TOUR
2019-20

Set List

Act 1
01.God Control
02.Dark Ballet
03.Human Nature
04.American Life
05.Easy Ride

Act 2
06.Words (Interlude)
07.Vogue
08.I Don't Search I Find
09.Papa Don't Preach
10.Express Yourself

Act 3
11.The Coffin (Interlude)
12.Batuka
13.Killers Who Are Partying
14.Pray For Spanish Eyes
15.La Isla Bonita
16.Medellin 
17.Crave

Act 4
18.Falling Free (Interlude)
19.Frozen
20.Rescue Me
21.Nothing Really Matters
22.Come Alive
23.Ray Of Light

Encore
24.I Rise
25.Like a Prayer

Side Note
"Papa Don't Preach" and "Express Yourself" would be performed in full. "Like a Prayer" would be extended with more electric guitars and more baseline, and would end with Madonna walking down the aisle and exiting the theatre. "Easy Ride" would be replaced with "X-Static Process" on some nights.

Too many slow songs in the middle of the show. My friends and me literally JUMPED off our seats when the "Crave" remix started. :)

In my opinion the show has a great start and ending, but the middle part could benefit from adding an uptempo/dance number. There are TWELVE slow/middle tempo songs between "American Life" and "Crave (Remix)", it's mad.

Maybe just changing the album version for one of the Offer Nisim remixes of "Medellín" could do the job. Or a proper/uptempo version of "La Isla Bonita".

Just my opinion of course!

Edited by Prayer (see edit history)

just my thoughts:

- the intro with the typing out the quotation was repetitive and boring, just once would have been enough

- the show drags in the middle, either tighten it up or replace one of the songs with a classic.

- have the beer bitch up on stage so everyone can see, or maybe film madonna for the moments she comes into the audience and project them on to the stage.

- change the rescue me interlude to the batukadeiras singing it like that instagram clip she posted during rehearsals.

- crave ..on one hand it was nice to have a dance number, on the other it stripped the song of it's wistful, longing quality into something kind of soulless. I'm not sure what i would do there.

My main issue is not that the show is too long but that it FELT too long, but that may just be because it was late and i was tired.

I didn’t have any issues with the pacing of the show. My main change would be to INCLUDE Crave in some form. The remix (which is now cut) is such a misstep. Just use something from Confessions if you’re so desperate to have a disco section. I would happily have her perform Crave three times in the show: original, acoustic and MNEK remix. I was devastated it was cut. 

Other changes:

Theres literally no point including that spoken word version of Rescue Me. There was no resemblance to the original song other than the lyrics. 

God Control wasn’t the best opener. It felt like more of an act opener. The typewriter thing went on too long and was then wheeled out too many times later in the show.