When a tour finishes where does the stage and set go?

Guest Ashley

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I also read once that the candles used in the Blond Ambition World Tour were re-used in the Spanish segment on the Drowned World Tour.

I believe Live Nation owned the stages from Confessions up to Rebel Heart? This is just an assumption but if I'm not mistaken Arthur Fogel started to work with Madonna as far as 2006. Maybe earlier, I don't know. 

Anyway, I think it's normal to reuse certain elements from one tour to another and lend those same parts to other live acts that are constantly touring.

Didn't Ricky Martin use some Confessions Tour elements back in the day? And in 2012 Gaga used the same stage 'structure' in Mexico, and Paul MacCartney too at Hyde Park? Does that count as well? 

I actually work as a stagehand, so I could answer this pretty well. After the final show, typically most things from any tour will go back to the warehouse it was rented out from, and as users have stated above, some pieces get rented by other tours. It's a relatively unceremonious thing, and the company that rents it sends it back to the shops they came from (kind of like warehouses for stuff like this), and they all get put away until they're rented again.

They are sometimes reused by other artists or bits used to make new stages, platform and/or structures. Most of the time props and set pieces are put in storage. Britney for example has some of her stage props and pieces at her home (I think the Gimme More boat was seen in her Insta stories at her parents' home)

4 hours ago, musicinferno said:

I read that back in the day, most stages were crushed, melted and recycled. But now it seems parts are rented out to other artists. 

Katy's Prismatic Tour used the MDNA triangle. Madonna used Pink's Truth About Love Tour stage for the heart endpiece for RHT. 

I'm not sure about the Pink one... the heart piece of Pink's stage seems a lot smaller than Madonna's.

8599925822_2091c736d1_b.jpg

8 hours ago, MarXus said:

I can confirm since 1985, all her tour props and costumes, except for some which get shown off at various places, all come to me home and I put them up for display.  I pretty much have Girlie Show stage exactly the same.

Well then you better organize one of of those fan conventions at your house and stage a whole GS performance for us!  :laughing:

27 minutes ago, Enrico said:

Well then you better organize one of of those fan conventions at your house and stage a whole GS performance for us!  :laughing:

Yep, I wanna see MarXus do Carrie Ann Inaba's pole dancing entrance as well!  

On 1/10/2020 at 12:50 PM, musicinferno said:

I read that back in the day, most stages were crushed, melted and recycled. But now it seems parts are rented out to other artists. 

Katy's Prismatic Tour used the MDNA triangle. Madonna used Pink's Truth About Love Tour stage for the heart endpiece for RHT. 

Katy's triangle on her tour is way longer than the MDNA one & the shape is a bit different, MDNA had more of a diamond at the tip.

d85d2608eb2cc077178fc5bb0189a5fa.jpg

11 minutes ago, BringUrLUV said:

Katy's triangle on her tour is way longer than the MDNA one & the shape is a bit different, MDNA had more of a diamond at the tip.

d85d2608eb2cc077178fc5bb0189a5fa.jpg

I remember reading an article of someone from Katy's team saying they used elements from Madonna's previous tour stage. Doesn't mean the shapes are identical, just that parts were recycled.