If It Had a Music Video

louis.exe

I remember wanting a video for "Angel".  When I was younger, I never knew the reasoning behind it, but it makes sense now.  Her record company felt she was starting to over saturate the market.  Crazy For You and Into The Groove dropped all at the same time as her album singles were doing so well.  So they decided to focus on making Angel just a radio single, knowing Into the Groove was going to grow into a massive radio hit, even without it being a single (in the U.S.).   I still feel Into the Groove would have been another #1 hit if it had been released as a single in the U.S.  

Guest Nobody Knows Me
4 hours ago, Enrico said:

Many have already been mentioned. Especially Rescue me and Nothing fails.

And what about Keep it together?

But also One more chance could have benefited from a good video.

Finally, I love I'll remember but the music video is a dull copy of Rain. More like a promo for the movie.

Keep It Together and Nothing Fails could have had great videos. Perhaps we would have gotten one for the latter if the reaction to American Life hadn’t been so poor :Madonna051:

Honestly, she's the Queen of the medium, so all her singles deserved videos!

I think that Rescue Me is the biggest lost opportunity. She had that post-Justify My Love, and pre-Oscars glamourous beauty. It would have been nice to have another document of that era.

Nobody ever mentions Into The Groove. I always wondered what a "real" video would have looked like. This said, the song is so strong (and visually connected to "Susan") that it didn't need new visuals.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, louis.exe said:

you know what song really should of had a better video is Miles Away I hate that its just an over edited live cut

I don’t think it ever deserved to be a single, and I don’t think it deserved to be included on Celebration. Candy Shop, Beat Goes On and Dance 2Night were all more worthy of a single release in my opinion, and they all could’ve had amazing videos. 

Just now, Nobody Knows Me said:

I don’t think it ever deserved to be a single, and I don’t think it deserved to be included on Celebration. Candy Shop, Beat Goes On and Dance 2Night were all more worthy of a single release in my opinion, and they all could’ve had amazing videos. 

also She's Not Me & Devil Wouldn't Recognize You would make great singles

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, louis.exe said:

also She's Not Me & Devil Wouldn't Recognize You would make great singles

Agreed. Single choices weren’t so great for Hard Candy.

On 1/16/2020 at 12:28 PM, Nobody Knows Me said:

Totally agree, three great singles choices there. HC is my favourite Madonna album, packed with potential singles. I don’t know why it’s so disliked. Like Madame X it would have made a great video album.

On 1/16/2020 at 12:42 AM, RUADJAI said:

it does?   its not very good. but I heard it inspired APESHIT by The Carters :08:

It

To my knowledge this is not the official video. There was an European video (a performance on Top of the Pops). And an US video (a performance on Solid Gold).

On 1/16/2020 at 2:20 AM, RebelMe said:

I always thought it was a recording of some television show

As mentioned above, I always thought so to. But I would gladly be proven wrong!!?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
8 hours ago, wtg1987 said:

as much as I love the song rescue me I have no idea how to express it in a visual sense though ?

I really love @louis.exeidea of a video in the vein of Kylie Minogue’s “Where is the Feeling?” video. I think that water/noir theme would suit the song perfectly.

A4B6FAE0-C9EB-4E9B-B01E-AFCB7FC28B19.png

CD4B4DF3-CC48-405B-AF6E-19CFD778EB48.jpeg

Holiday (one of her biggest hits and many, many, many TV Performances, one of them could be the official video)

Angel (with footage from Rolling Stone photoshoot by Hert Ritts)

Causing a Commotion (even if it was an extended cartoon thing from the movie)

Spotlight (with footage from Mitshubishi ads, a special video for Japan)

Rescue Me (with that elephant footage and other circus footage by Meisel)

Nothing fails (the best and powerful American Life song and then we got Me Against the Music)

I think she missed many opportunities, because almost all of those listed things could be easy options as they probally had footage to use

Guest Nobody Knows Me
1 minute ago, RebelMe said:

Where is the Feeling is absolute everything to me . :cry::hearteyes::lord::luv:

Me too. I really wish she would perform it more, whether that’s the album version, acoustic version or single mix.