How do you feel about Elliott Smith and his story?

byebyebaby

On 1/17/2020 at 12:17 AM, kevon said:

It's not madonna but i feel like after all this time she covered his song for a reason.

The lyrics are universal in a sense that they could be a casual night out kissing between bars, or it could be an indication of alcoholism in which they need the drink for the love, also it could be a literal prison metaphor in which one could be a prisoner to their vice or actually jailed because of it. And she knows a thing or two about alcoholics.

I had a good friend years ago that would justify her drunken behavior by saying Erica did it. Her name was not Erica ?

32 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

The lyrics are universal in a sense that they could be a casual night out kissing between bars, or it could be an indication of alcoholism in which they need the drink for the love, also it could be a literal prison metaphor in which one could be a prisoner to their vice or actually jailed because of it. And she knows a thing or two about alcoholics.

I had a good friend years ago that would justify her drunken behavior by saying Erica did it. Her name was not Erica ?

"And I must confess that I am usually drawn to sadness"

I just wanted to talk about it and obviously she cared enough to bring some attention to his name and his story.

Looking at the song choices, she's talking about sexual assault and the effects

Elliott wanted to die.

If you let it, it will kill you.

"the whole world loves a clown"

Edited by kevon (see edit history)

14 hours ago, Gonzalo said:

Who's Elliot Smith

Award winning singer songwriter with substance issues, died under suspicious circumstances in the early 2000s. His song Miss Misery was featured in the film Good Will Hunting with an Oscar nomination in 1997, I think it was the same year Evita did not get nominated for any music