Ayham

Most interesting CD / VINYL by MADONNA

Hey guys, so this topic is about what you think is the most well worked CD / VINYL ever released by Madonna through the years, we’re talking about the design/packaging/details everything! It’s about the quality of the release.

for me I think...

- CDs: MUSIC Limited Edition (2000) 

- VINYLS: COADF PINK VINYL (2005 pressing)

Personally I would say Madame X is the one with the most effort in terms of variations, whether you like them or not. The MUSIC CDs are cute, but were much like MJ’s Invincible CDs with the different coloured sleeves. I’d rather have different content. At least MX had different coloured vinyl, different photos on the cover, a picture disc, and a box set.

Confessions was a nice release. Vinyl was a good colour choice and the deluxe CD version had some effort put into it. 

The worst is the deluxe Hard Candy CD. An absolute monstrosity and terrible value. I bought it years later for £5 as I wouldn’t pay for it full price at the time. They didn’t even include Ring My Bell on it and at that point I was sick of Japanese fans getting preferential treatment. 

7 minutes ago, rlittler81 said:

The Best: The Royal Box... everything about this is top quality.

Other mentions:

CDs/Vinyl: Rebel Heart and Madame X

Special editions: Confessions

Worst: Celebration and Hard Candy.

Royal Box was very nice, although my CD cover has some yellow marks on it now, probably from the glue ageing. 

49 minutes ago, IamZod said:

Personally I would say Madame X is the one with the most effort in terms of variations, whether you like them or not. The MUSIC CDs are cute, but were much like MJ’s Invincible CDs with the different coloured sleeves. I’d rather have different content. At least MX had different coloured vinyl, different photos on the cover, a picture disc, and a box set.

Confessions was a nice release. Vinyl was a good colour choice and the deluxe CD version had some effort put into it. 

The worst is the deluxe Hard Candy CD. An absolute monstrosity and terrible value. I bought it years later for £5 as I wouldn’t pay for it full price at the time. They didn’t even include Ring My Bell on it and at that point I was sick of Japanese fans getting preferential treatment. 

Hummm... MX definitely she gave us a lot of different versions to collect however the quality wasn’t the best!! For example the 2 CD set was horrible... 😔 very bad quality. 

Hard Candy limited edition was not the best... I just remembered the COADF limited edition with book, AMAZING in quality right? 👌🏼

Celebration Vinyl was horrible!!! & the funny thing it’s the most expensive item atm! 🤣 

34 minutes ago, rlittler81 said:

The Best: The Royal Box... everything about this is top quality.

Other mentions:

CDs/Vinyl: Rebel Heart and Madame X

Special editions: Confessions

Worst: Celebration and Hard Candy.

Unfortunately I don’t have the Royal Box coz it’s so old & I couldn’t find any proper copy to buy... 😔😔😔

Rebel Heart Super Deluxe Edition was cool!

5 minutes ago, somethingscomingover said:

I recently received the pink Confessions vinyl as a gift from a family member and it is absolutely stunning! It's one of my favorite color pressings that I own.

I also like the clear record store day Ray of Light vinyl.

Yes!!! That vinyl probably her BEST to date!!! The printing, quality, sound! Everything is just perfect! Unfortunately I don’t have ROL clear vinyl... 😭😢 the artwork is better than the other reissued ones? 🤔

4 minutes ago, ayhamonline said:

Yes!!! That vinyl probably her BEST to date!!! The printing, quality, sound! Everything is just perfect! Unfortunately I don’t have ROL clear vinyl... 😭😢 the artwork is better than the other reissued ones? 🤔

Yes! The sound quality is amazing. It made me appreciate certain songs more than I had before. And, the color is so vibrant. Just gorgeous.

The ROL clear has been something I've always wanted since I first saw it. The artwork looks great in the images that I've seen, but maybe a tiny bit more saturated though?

33 minutes ago, Gonzalo said:

Albums:

Bedtime story (Limited edition blue velvet)

Ray of light (Limited edition)

Fever (Double red vinyl)

Singles:

Holiday (Picture disc) 1991

Deeper and deeper (Picture disc) 1992

Bedtime story (UK 12''vinyl maxi w/hologram

Damn I totally forgot about the BS Velvet Edition!!! I want to buy one but it’s so rare & expensive. 😢 & YES ROL Limited Edition is so cool I think this was the second to be made like this after KYLIE’s Impossible Princess! Right?? ! I remember she also released Human Nature same as BS Vinyl right? My dream to buy one of these as well! 😅🙏🏼

The BS CD does look nice but the prices for what it is are ridiculous. Sometimes I think I could just write the word MADONNA on a bit of paper, number it as a limited edition and try and flog it for £30. The prices of a lot of collectibles are too exaggerated.

That said I have just paid a small fortune for Shep Pettibone’s personal copies of Fever red vinyl and Rescue Me 2 disc promo.

26 minutes ago, IamZod said:

The BS CD does look nice but the prices for what it is are ridiculous. Sometimes I think I could just write the word MADONNA on a bit of paper, number it as a limited edition and try and flog it for £30. The prices of a lot of collectibles are too exaggerated.

That said I have just paid a small fortune for Shep Pettibone’s personal copies of Fever red vinyl and Rescue Me 2 disc promo.

Yes so expensive! 😑 Fever red vinyl is cool??? What’s so special about it? Personal copies!!! That’s so cool! But what makes you sure it’s the real thing?

I always thought the Japan 40 cd singles was a nice set - the sound was great - the only thing was the individual artwork was a bit lazy with just the titles on the back covers 

I also liked the 1983-1990 promo Cd and the you can dance single edits us promo which I have both 😍

10 minutes ago, IamZod said:

Shep apparently sold his record collection off a few months ago when he moved apartments. The bulk was bought directly from him by a reputable UK dealer. 

I wonder if he has the rescue me and rain album instrumentals for sale too 🤗😘

12 minutes ago, wtg1987 said:

I always thought the Japan 40 cd singles was a nice set - the sound was great - the only thing was the individual artwork was a bit lazy with just the titles on the back covers 

I also liked the 1983-1990 promo Cd and the you can dance single edits us promo which I have both 😍

Share some pics! 😇

23 minutes ago, IamZod said:

Shep apparently sold his record collection off a few months ago when he moved apartments. The bulk was bought directly from him by a reputable UK dealer. 

Interesting!!! How much you paid? 🙃💰💳

2 hours ago, Gonzalo said:

Albums:

Bedtime story (Limited edition blue velvet)

Ray of light (Limited edition)

Fever (Double red vinyl)

Singles:

Holiday (Picture disc) 1991

Deeper and deeper (Picture disc) 1992

Bedtime story (UK 12''vinyl maxi w/hologram

I have all these except the velvet edition of BS and Fever. But at least I have the Fever numbered picture disc