Cancel or Carry on with the tour?

MarXus

Should she cancel the tour or carry on?   

80 members voted

1. 1. Should she cancel the tour or carry on?

As many of you know from my replies, I'm very concerned about her injuries. I'm concerned she may be causing permanent damage if she doesn't get proper medical attention soon. She's cancelled multiple times already and has had much time in between to rest and relax, yet still has cancelled because of these injuries specifically with her knee.  I truly believe she will not make it through the rest of the tour without more cancellations.  15 shows in London and several are back to back (three nights in the row).

So I ask? Do you think she should just call it quits or keep on going on, even though there may be multiple cancellations.  What say you?  And please refrain from turning this into her "worst tour" or what you don't like about the show/tour. There are other threads discussing that greatly. Thank you! 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

I personally think that she should cancel the tour. She is going against her doctors wishes now and she very clearly needs to rest. 

Of course she should, she's not well. It's not like she hasn't tried lying to herself already... all it's doing is resulting in last-minute (and therefore more upsetting) cancellations.

She definitely needs to cancel. She's causing a lot of issues not only with her promoters,venues,but also the fans. They're paying massive amounts of money and taking time away from work and losing out on everything because the shows keep getting cancelled or delayed several hours. Most importantly her health is definitely not a concern because she doesn't want to disappoint,but at this juncture she could cause permanent damage to her body and be forced to retire if she doesn't relent now.

I feel so bad for her and all the fans, but, it is best for her and her health to cancel. Her health is the most important above all else. If she doesn't tend to her knee and hips in a proper way, she won't be able to tour ever again. So please,  Madonna....please do what the doctors say and then come back in full force when you can. We love you and we will understand.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
4 minutes ago, remixed224 said:

I still have tickets for London and Paris shows, so of course I want her to continue from my perspective, but after seeing her face in pain I think she needs to cancel it as soon as possible.

I feel this way too. I have tickets for London but I don’t want to see her go through this amount of pain. 

1 minute ago, remixed224 said:

I still have tickets for London and Paris shows, so of course I want her to continue from my perspective, but after seeing her face in pain I think she needs to cancel it as soon as possible.

Totally understand, but no one wants to see her to jeopardize her health permanently.  The tickets can be refunded.  I just hope that if she does cancel any dates you have, it will be in advance, so you don't lose out in traveling expenses or accommodations.  This is why I think she should cancel as well as we know her pain isn't going away.  She can rest a few days in between a few dates and be ready to go for a couple of dates, but then we know she'll cancel again. 

It's time to cancel and give the remaining ticket holders time to recoup their losses. If she has any more final minute cancellations, she risks both leaving her fans hundreds or thousands of pounds/euros out of pocket, and she may irreparably damage her touring reputation. She would have known from the beginning that the knee/hip issues are not just a health concern that she can ignore on a whim, and she should have cancelled/postponed the tour at the very moment it was diagnosed. Such health issues like this can take a great deal of time time to heal, especially in an older woman like Madonna. Continuing with the tour was not a smart decision.

3 hours ago, roberMDNA said:

i honestly think that she will try to continue with cancellations here and there

Here's the issue: some people travel from afar for these concerts. Even if tickets are refunded, who's gonna pay for all the travel/accommodation expenses people incur when a show is cancelled LAST minute?

53 minutes ago, madaboutM said:

Here's the issue: some people travel from afar for these concerts. Even if tickets are refunded, who's gonna pay for all the travel/accommodation expenses people incur when a show is cancelled LAST minute?

No offense!  But that's the chance anyone takes for any artist or any other reason someone will travel.  Life happens!  Things get cancelled.  It's unfortunate, but at this point, I think every fan attending the rest of the tour, is taking a good risk that their night may be cancelled.  This is why insurance is available. 

Apparently, she's trying hard to keeping most of her dates.  Though, I am not going to fault her in cancelling if she is in pain.  I agree that she's being stubborn, and should just cancel the rest of the tour if she can't continue to perform after a few nights.

45 minutes ago, madaboutM said:

There's literally no way to refund hotel and travel expenses for every person that came a long distance. Imagine if every artist had to this for canceling a show? It would be messy as hell. As with every show, it is subject to change or be canceled. You gotta take the risk. I recommend getting insurance on all travel arrangements so you can get refunded. 

I don’t know what state she’s in.., but it can’t be easy to put something together, an idea that meant so much, and have it crumble - and admit defeat. Her judgement is severely compromised by the media/fans that want her to continue, when really she’s only human. It must kill her to even have to consider cancelling the show. I thought about that, Singing through the pain, what kind of fucking life is that? Fans crying and screaming and smiling while she’s probably up there wishing every second it would be over soon so she can get off of her feet. 

im being extreme, I know. I just want her better, and do what’s best for her. Because it can’t be so easy for M right now.