Cancel or Carry on with the tour?

MarXus

Should she cancel the tour or carry on?   

80 members voted

1. 1. Should she cancel the tour or carry on?

If she can't perform the way she envisioned it because of her injuries, then yes, she should cancel the tour. I think Madonna wants go give it her all and not being able to do that must really frustrate her. After all, she is a perfectionist. We all would love to see Madonna perform live, but not at the expense of her health. I just feel sorry for her. This theater tour seemed such a great idea and reviews were excellent, but more and more tour dates kept being added and that just seems to take its toll. We just want her to feel better.

I don't even know tbh, I'm sure they have considered all the options? They should've at least rescheduled Lisbon but I guess that would have been very complicated as well. It doesn't just depend on her. I'm sure she doesn't want to get more backlash and fans can be very angry when they lose money. She's never cancelled a whole tour and I'm sure she doesn't want to do it, that would be damaging to her reputation as well. 

7 hours ago, Andymad said:

I don’t know what state she’s in.., but it can’t be easy to put something together, an idea that meant so much, and have it crumble - and admit defeat. Her judgement is severely compromised by the media/fans that want her to continue, when really she’s only human. It must kill her to even have to consider cancelling the show. I thought about that, Singing through the pain, what kind of fucking life is that? Fans crying and screaming and smiling while she’s probably up there wishing every second it would be over soon so she can get off of her feet. 

im being extreme, I know. I just want her better, and do what’s best for her. Because it can’t be so easy for M right now.

Well said!! 

I think the first thing she needs to cancel is her Instagram account, where her people carry on posting things and stories as if there is no problem. Which means either they're incredibly dishonest and irresponsible or people in this forum are exaggerating the situation.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
Just now, Enrico said:

I think the first thing she needs to cancel is her Instagram account, where her people carry on posting things and stories as if there is no problem. Which means either they're incredibly dishonest and irresponsible or people in this forum are exaggerating the situation.

I definitely agree her Instagram isn’t helping the situation. I don’t think the post she made after the last cancellation was helpful. 

As for me, here is what my London schedule includes:

giphy.gif

original.gif

anigif_enhanced-21418-1409757078-22.gif

Endgame-REH-184_edit2_USE-CROP.jpg

So I am going to stick on my musical theatre passion and enjoy my week in London.

Definitely not going to cancel travel and accomodation!!

I'm gonna carry on... even without Madame X.

But for *** sake I don't want to see pictures of the show on her Instagram.

And please cancel before 7 pm. With one ticket refund I can go to see 5 more shows.

8 minutes ago, Enrico said:

As for me, here is what my London schedule includes:

giphy.gif

original.gif

anigif_enhanced-21418-1409757078-22.gif

Endgame-REH-184_edit2_USE-CROP.jpg

So I am going to stick on my musical theatre passion and enjoy my week in London.

Definitely not going to cancel travel and accomodation!!

I'm gonna carry on... even without Madame X.

But for *** sake I don't want to see pictures of the show on her Instagram.

And please cancel before 7 pm. With one ticket refund I can go to see 5 more shows.

I agree. Carry on and have a great time regardless. I would have never traveled to the places I have because of her. So enjoy. But I pray you and everyone here get to see her! Xxxx

I am sorry to all those who have purchased tickets and have been effected by the cancellations, but I personally think she should cancel the rest of the tour. She is in pain and she could be making her injury even worse right now by continuing. She needs to stop and rest.

Once she recovers after truly taking the time she needs, hopefully, she will be able to perform on tour again and those who didn't get to see her will have the chance to.

13 hours ago, madaboutM said:

Here's the issue: some people travel from afar for these concerts. Even if tickets are refunded, who's gonna pay for all the travel/accommodation expenses people incur when a show is cancelled LAST minute?

it's my case multiplied by 2 as im going London and Paris... so yeah i know what im talking about

10 hours ago, Enrico said:

I think you're taking it way too seriously.  However, I understand you're afraid she's going to cancel your show.  I hope your show doesn't get cancelled.  I kinda agree with what some others said. She doesn't probably want to cancel the tour and just ride out the rest of the dates the best she can. Though, there is no way she's going to be able to do all the London and Paris dates, especially the ones that are back to back.

Another cancellation tonight...

Seriousely, she should cancel the tour and do something else. The knee is sabotaging everything anyway.

Sign off the deluxe sets we've been waiting for, write her auto-biography ("Live To Tell, Confessions Of A Creamy Smooth Pop Icon Goddess") or maybe just be a mom.

But to carry on like this is only damaging her legacy.

Edited by Celebration
Improvement (see edit history)

I can hear Madonna now to Guy; "No Guy, I'm not cancelling the rest of my tour!  The show must go on! We'll get though a couple and cancel others along the way!  And no, I am not changing a damn thing in my show!  I'm still going to climb that ladder every night!  I'm still going to do all my dance routines!". 

21 hours ago, Gonzalo said:

On the other hand, I like this Madonna who's not afraid to show she's human after all, people would sympathize I guess. 

I don't think they really do (or the ones that do are quiet about in most of the internet). To be fair, her ticket buyers are mostly old bitchy queens and breeders who want to see her as a status symbol and nostalgia act. Of course they'll be angry when she cancels.