eXtremeOccident

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

eXtremeOccident

To be fair, I was watching The Confessions Tour recently, and she didn't dance *that* much on that tour. I think she could still pull off a show like that today if there were a few modifications. Some of the most stunning performances had minimal choreography on her part (Future Lovers, Jump (minus the bridge, which wasn't overly impressive either lol), Live To Tell, Forbidden Love, Like It Or Not, Lucky Star...) She needs to go back to working with a creative team that knows how to play up

Andymad

Better management, better writers and producers because let’s face it, her song writing isn’t cutting it these days. I mean that with love tbh.  It can be hard to recapture the magic she’s had throughout her career. I think she can attain some things she once had successfully before but I don’t think I’d call it a comeback. She’s really into trying new things, whether they bring her luck or not. Me personally, I’d love a dance album, going back to what Madonna was all about. Dance.    S

Prayer

The only hope for a big comeback now is fully embracing her legacy. An official mega Hollywood biopic + compilation/greatest hits tour would do wonders for her image. It's time. I love "Madame X" and I'm very grateful she's still hungry and wanting to do new things, but it's time to remind people her great legacy. I was at a party with friends of all ages recently and I was super surprised how now Elton Jonh is super cool and popular again. I was like "what?". And it's all because of h

3 minutes ago, Andymad said:

Better management, better writers and producers because let’s face it, her song writing isn’t cutting it these days. I mean that with love tbh. 
It can be hard to recapture the magic she’s had throughout her career. I think she can attain some things she once had successfully before but I don’t think I’d call it a comeback. She’s really into trying new things, whether they bring her luck or not. Me personally, I’d love a dance album, going back to what Madonna was all about. Dance. 

She may not be able to dance like she did, even a few years ago, but she sure did make great dance music. Even throughout my lack of passion for the Madame X era, I still crave for that fun pop music icon Madonna.

YAAASSS 100% agree

Good question. And I agree with your idea and Andy's.  I think she needs to make a happy,feel good album. If she tours, it needs to be in arenas, affordable from the start, and with an easy schedule she can endure. She also needs to be on stage by 9:00. No ticket games and fan friendly and she can make a comeback imo. 

I’d love a new pop/dance album. Use songs that are written by other people if what they have is better than what you’re coming up with. 

Do an arena tour with no big bells and whistles. Maybe just her, in the round, minimal dancing, share stories with the audience about the songs. Diana Ross has been doing that for 50 years and still fills good venues. 

I mean album wise, you can't really win. If she did the "age appropriate thing" people have been clamoring for sure she'd get the respect but it is so unlike her to appease the general public for what they expect of her. We can chuck out a couple of good songs and ballads but she's always going to want to explore with sounds, styles and not go down the cliche adult contemporary route. It won't help if she does Confessions levels of dance music or something off the wall like Madame X, the singles won't hit the top of the important charts and the most she can get is a dance #1 or an album #1. The system no longer favors her or other older artists so she'd have to have an aggressive deal spinning her song or doing some trickery to even hit top 40 at this point.

The one thing she can fix on her own for future touring is the late times. I can't fault her for injuries or unexpected things happening leading to cancellations. I would say advanced warnings so people aren't left in the dark and left scrambling while in queue entering the theater/arena and finding out the show is cancelled. 

I don't think she needs a comeback. Seeing how fickle the GP is and how fast they get over singles and records, she could be out the masterpiece of this decade and if she's not releasing new videos, promoting like hell, or kissing ass and doing what society expects, people just move on to the next scandal, starlet or song that hits. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Musically, I don’t really think there’s much she can do now to gain chart success. I’d love to see her reunite with Patrick Leonard or Stuart Price for a new pop album in time for her fortieth anniversary in music, that could gain more attention and would definitely be more successful than “Madame X”, however I can’t see it happening.

She should cancel the rest of the tour. Cut the loss. Go direct the movie & get that out of her well-deserved system & then find something to be inspired by like Lisbon was but with better songwriters to help out, & yeah, set it to some beats. Come back at 65 and do an arena or stadium tour heavy on the hits.

Also, maybe the right documentary could help. A Netflix? Doc just about her & her life & career throw in some remastered archived live performances from the span of her career.  Express Yourself from the MTV Awards, Sooner Or Later from the Oscars, random tour performances.  It could even serve as a sampling for remastered early tour releases which she should also do to promote her fucking legacy.

4 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

I don't think she needs a comeback. Seeing how fickle the GP is and how fast they get over singles and records, she could be out the masterpiece of this decade and if she's not releasing new videos, promoting like hell, or kissing ass and doing what society expects, people just move on to the next scandal, starlet or song that hits. 

Hot Damn!  Drop the mic, bro!  You said it. 

Yes, she needs to reassess some issues especially regarding touring.  Other than that she's fine.  Anything she releases will not be popular again. She is no longer an artist for general consumption.  Look, she's old and washed up. Yes, I said it!  Not that I truly believe it, but in the eyes of the music business, she will no longer sell albums and tours like she used to. Radio has no interest in playing her. The public is not interested in her new music.  That all said, she has a decent fan base, so between that and the attention she still manages to attract more than most 62 year old musicians, she'll still ruffle some feathers and spark some interest in her new projects. 

I don't think she will ever see a comeback on the scale of her Confessions 'comeback'. But a series of classic album expanded remasters should be enough to reignite some interest in her legacy... and it would be wise for her to do that before thinking of bringing out new material, lest she may find her music falling into total obscurity. She has had far too many flop albums under her belt already this past decade.... but I am sure she can somehow remedy that with the right team behind her.

I feel she also needs to reassess her ability to tour effectively, and to acknowledge her limitations. The way she is doing it now is clearly not working as well as she hoped. I know she has an injury on this tour, and I can sympathise with that... however, the way she is handling the situation is extremely counter productive, and the constant wave of last minute cancellations is beginning to anger fans, and possibly alienate them from wanting to invest in seeing her perform in future (and it really is an investment looking at the ticket prices which , for some fans, is equivalent to 1-3 months rent, not to mention the other costs that come along with that). 

Madonna is the most famous woman on the planet, of course she has the ability to comeback. But it would need smart decisions.... and that's not something she, or her team, have been, taking over the past decade. 

One pure pop album, disco vibes but with more modern sound, no auto tune, no vocader, well maybe a bit but nothing too much, no rappers, no feauturing, just Madonna, no grillz, hair on a side, something like for her interview from 2009 for Celebration compilation for the UK. Lyrics should be more like Confessions/Erotica mixed together, it can be sexy but deep at the same time. Stadium tour, 40 concerts are enough, she does not have to proove anything anymore, but to just keep creating history, cus she is DA KVIN! Amen.

2 hours ago, Holy Water 94 said:

One pure pop album, disco vibes but with more modern sound, no auto tune, no vocader, well maybe a bit but nothing too much, no rappers, no feauturing, just Madonna, no grillz, hair on a side, something like for her interview from 2009 for Celebration compilation for the UK. Lyrics should be more like Confessions/Erotica mixed together, it can be sexy but deep at the same time. Stadium tour, 40 concerts are enough, she does not have to proove anything anymore, but to just keep creating history, cus she is DA KVIN! Amen.

I'd rather Madonna be experimental than safe and regurgitating records like Kylie that are all more or a less remake of Fever and Light Years.

4 hours ago, Holy Water 94 said:

She was so beautiful and such a sweetheart here :luv:

The Celebration era (if you can call it that) was kind of underrated, in a way:

* S&S Leg 2

* 2009 VMAs

* David Letterman

* Rolling Stone Cover

* SNL with Lady Gaga

* Radio Interviews (Kiss FM)

I remember when I first heard Celebration and thought it was going to be an instant smash, another Hung Up. Sigh.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Nobody Knows Me
On 1/23/2020 at 1:22 AM, Holy Water 94 said:

Ok but this would be amazing.

The only hope for a big comeback now is fully embracing her legacy. An official mega Hollywood biopic + compilation/greatest hits tour would do wonders for her image. It's time.

I love "Madame X" and I'm very grateful she's still hungry and wanting to do new things, but it's time to remind people her great legacy.

I was at a party with friends of all ages recently and I was super surprised how now Elton Jonh is super cool and popular again. I was like "what?". And it's all because of his "Rocketman" biopic. Same with Queen and the "Bohemian Rhapsody" movie.

Madonna has all the great songs, videos, tours, looks, EVERYTHING. But people need to see all that again - or some new generations for the very first time:)

Edited by Prayer (see edit history)

Also, the most simple thing she can do is make a great soundtrack song for a big movie or series in which she will not star. I think her best selling single of 2019 was Material Girl in the US and that was because it was featured in a Stranger Things episode. I mean the last time she did it she won a Golden Globe. It probably won't be the next Shallow or Skyfall but in the streaming era it will gain a lot of points from the younger. It would be a great first step as a reintroduction if her name is associated with something else that people actually care about. If she doesn't even write the song, it is very much likely it will win an Oscar too, as always ?

I fear a Madonna biopic right this second would bomb, though. It wouldn't help her image *at* *all* if the film didn't instantly go to the top of the Box Office returns.

She really needs to get with a formal PR firm and map a road to her comeback / rehabilitated image. It's going to take time. But I really do believe she can pull it off if she plays her cards right. I'm shocked by how many of my friends think she's a terrible performer -- They haven't seen anything pre-Super Bowl. 

Wasn't there this big deal article about her getting a new publicity team around this time last year? I wonder whatever happened to that. It sounded so promising. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
15 hours ago, Prayer said:

The only hope for a big comeback now is fully embracing her legacy. An official mega Hollywood biopic + compilation/greatest hits tour would do wonders for her image. It's time.

I would love both of these to happen, and it would be really interesting to see what a big Hollywood biopic would look like, and it’d be interesting to see who would play her.

The problem with a biopic is that Madonna hasn't really overcome any huge obstacle in her life that would necessarily interest the general public.  For instance, we had Tina Turner who had an abusive husband and she had to get out from underfoot from him and then went solo.  The focus was on that struggle.  With someone like Freddie Mercury, the focus was on both how he looked, his sexuality and him contracting HIV. Right now, the latter is still an issue many comes to grips with.  I haven't seen the Elton Biopic, but I assume there was similar life choices people can relate to that he went through. 

With Madonna, she overcome things on the business end of things being she was a woman in the music business, but I'm not sure that would be enough to interest people.  She never came off as a victim at any point in her life.  There is no struggle most people would warm up to in a story about her.  

Guest Nobody Knows Me
13 minutes ago, MarXus said:

The problem with a biopic is that Madonna hasn't really overcome any huge obstacle in her life that would necessarily interest the general public.  For instance, we had Tina Turner who had an abusive husband and she had to get out from underfoot from him and then went solo.  The focus was on that struggle.  With someone like Freddie Mercury, the focus was on both how he looked, his sexuality and him contracting HIV. Right now, the latter is still an issue many comes to grips with.  I have seen the Elton Biopic, but I assume there was similar life choices people can relate to that he went through. 

With Madonna, she overcome things on the business end of things being she was a woman in the music business, but I'm not sure that would be enough to interest people.  She never came off as a victim at any point in her life.  There is no struggle most people would warm up to in a story about her.  

I think a movie depicting her moving to New York and her rise to fame would be very interesting, and it could portray some of the struggles she faced, such as her being raped, losing several of her friends to HIV, her getting a recording contract in France. I think all of those things would make a fascinating dramatisation, and I think if they found the right actress who could translate her rebellious attitude well, then that could also be great to see. 

8 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I think a movie depicting her moving to New York and her rise to fame would be very interesting, and it could portray some of the struggles she faced, such as her being raped, losing several of her friends to HIV, her getting a recording contract in France. I think all of those things would make a fascinating dramatisation, and I think if they found the right actress who could translate her rebellious attitude well, then that could also be great to see. 

The problem is; she doesn't come off as a victim in any of that. I'm not sure much of that would interest the general public.  Now, if Sean Penn was truly as abusive to her at the end of their marriage as some claim, that could be an interesting focus to some.  But I'm not sure, that's factually true, and if Madonna had anything to do with the biopic, she wouldn't sign off in depicting that.  Besides, she wants to come off as a successful independent woman. 

Also, her early life before stardom has been hashed over so much, I'm not sure if it really is that interesting. We've already had a TV movie and a documentary recently depicting that part of her life, but frankly, I don't see it too interesting, especially the general public.  Whoever makes that next biopic film would have to really embellish things if not make things up to make it more interesting.  I'm not sure the fan base would approve of that being how particular they are about the facts.