How Could Madonna Comeback?

eXtremeOccident

I don't think she's scared to do Pop again. Much of Madame X is considered Pop anyway.  I personally think she is just on the wave of doing the music she wants to do.  She isn't interested in being a nostalgic act quite yet.  While I would love for her to pay a lot more attention to her back catalog, I don't blame her because she's always looked ahead with each new era. Many of her tours always were heavy on the latest album. 

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

eXtremeOccident

To be fair, I was watching The Confessions Tour recently, and she didn't dance *that* much on that tour. I think she could still pull off a show like that today if there were a few modifications. Some of the most stunning performances had minimal choreography on her part (Future Lovers, Jump (minus the bridge, which wasn't overly impressive either lol), Live To Tell, Forbidden Love, Like It Or Not, Lucky Star...) She needs to go back to working with a creative team that knows how to play up

Andymad

Better management, better writers and producers because let’s face it, her song writing isn’t cutting it these days. I mean that with love tbh.  It can be hard to recapture the magic she’s had throughout her career. I think she can attain some things she once had successfully before but I don’t think I’d call it a comeback. She’s really into trying new things, whether they bring her luck or not. Me personally, I’d love a dance album, going back to what Madonna was all about. Dance.    S

Prayer

The only hope for a big comeback now is fully embracing her legacy. An official mega Hollywood biopic + compilation/greatest hits tour would do wonders for her image. It's time. I love "Madame X" and I'm very grateful she's still hungry and wanting to do new things, but it's time to remind people her great legacy. I was at a party with friends of all ages recently and I was super surprised how now Elton Jonh is super cool and popular again. I was like "what?". And it's all because of h

On 2/18/2020 at 7:14 AM, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Why do people care so much when the chart is infested by artists mumbling over soundcloud beats or rappers who won't even last a few years? 

Because (sadly) these are generally the type of 'artists' that we see making appearances on the next lot of Madonna records lol

3 hours ago, PWCCA said:

Because (sadly) these are generally the type of 'artists' that we see making appearances on the next lot Madonna records lol

I swear if I hear Billie mumbling. I'll lose it. I admire she loves Madonna but her music to me is like reading captions that say (background noise/unintelligible) 

14 hours ago, steady75 said:

Madonna is a business woman. She surely knows the public perception of her is maybe at an all time low and worse than that there's an air of indifference about her. Like "go away" or "she's at it again". She just doesn't come across as much fun anymore. As fans who follow her everyday we know better but to the general public she seems very removed from reality. 

I'm not expecting her to be mega lolz Katy Perry levels of nerdy but she seemingly went down the Michael Jackson route.

A public perception overhaul is definitely whats needed here. I don't think she's in any mood to do it though. I even think the second ballads collection she spoke about would be off the table now. Last time it was used as a public image softener. I can't see her head space anywhere near that now. 

I honestly want her to get with the best pop writers there are. I've really enjoyed the majority of the last decade but there is no denying that the sparkle found in much of the work up to Confessions is not quite hitting the mark. If Madonna has built her entire career writing every single thing and composing al the music, that would be understandable...but she hasn't. She's always collaborated. She needs to find a new collaborator that she sparks with again.

Songs like Medellin, God Control, Crave are brilliant but they are a bit spiky in places and as much as I adore Medellin, there is so much of Maluma that I just can't sing along even if I wanted to. I don't speak Portuguese and there is a lot. It sounds beautiful but it's unrealistic for me at least. A lot of the chorus on Madame X are undercooked and the coldness and lack of melody / warm chords on much of American Life come back to haunt us again in Madame X in places. 

There's still brilliance there but so many of the songs edge you with pleasure without the final pay off. 

I think she's scared to go too pop again. The Avicci demo of Rebel Heart was truly a slice of old school Madonna melody with big sing along chorus and production sparkle. The album version, while nice, lacks the pop punch that she'd have eaten up 15 years ago...as would the public. I think this is the best example of what I'm trying to say. It's all still there, it's just not being harnessed in the way it used to be. 

I love GMAYL but a lead single it aint. Girl Gone Wild is the MacDonna happy meal of her catalogue. You hope no oe finds you listening to it and you feel dirty, empty and ashamed of yourself  afterwards.

Turn Up The Radio & Living For Love don't quite get there in terms of the Madonna euphoric pay off. 

Miles Away is a good song devoid of any emotion.

4 Minutes bangs but it's essentially a Justin song.

Bitch Im Madonna gained its views through video features and as brilliant as it is it would have remained a fan favourite album track if it was on Music and probably never seen the light of day as a single. 

Ghosttown is a bonafide hit but the dodgy autotune and production issues are again a bit of an issue that drop you out of the experience, and it also falls in that slightly twee Madonna song that she used to throw out every now and then to please the public but don't feel very Madonna. See I'll Remember, TUTBMOP, American Pie. It's a soundtrack song. 

What she's doing is still great but there's defo something POP wise that is missing the mark.

All of this

It was unfortunate what happened to Avicii personally, I think he could've made a good Madonna album. Another issue was that Madonna's vocals on the demos lacked passion that you hear on Avicii songs (i.e. True album) or she gave in other songs. She kind of sounded bored

Medellin has some great melodies but when her and Maluma start speaking another language, I am lost like you are. The best hook on Madame X is the "its a weird kind of energy" lyric in God Control but then the song sounds like 4 songs spliced into 1 with poor lyrics.

If she got a great song writer to write Madonna-esque pop songs (no bubble gum pop / Minnie Mouse voice) and fixed the public's perception of her, she could easily make her fans happy and gain many new fans. I doubt she'll get a #1 hit but her music would be well received by everyone. Hung Up didn't chart as a #1 in the US but people here liked it

I think some people are not going to like what I'm going to say, but Madonna should understand that she's not as popular as she used to be. No problem about it at all. It happens with every singer or band. I understand the reason why her last tour setlist choices were based on her recent albuns. But it worked in the past because the audience was connected with her very successful records (until S&S Tour). Madonna has not been successful with the general public since 2009. Celebration was her last 'hit'. SuperBowl was amazing and loved by the audience, but the setlist had only one new song. MDNA, Rebel Heart and Madame X are unpopular albums, (sorry to say that because I love Rebel Heart), but only die hard fans know about the existence of these albums. I think the general public is not connecting with here shows anymore, because people want to hear live the song hits they love and what each song means in their lives. I didn't like the MDNA Tour, much less the Madame X tour, because I don't like her last album. So, for me, it's a very boring tour and I won't pay thousand of dollars to watch a concert with songs I don't care.  And I'm a fan who loves her since 1984. We all know she does not care about her musical legacy and many great songs have already have be forgotten. For me, this is the reason why there was a drop in ticket sales and general public lost interest for her and her shows. I think a Greatest Hits tour would be really necessary to causal fans and the young generation rediscover her legacy again.

3 hours ago, lap said:

I think a Greatest Hits tour would be really necessary to causal fans and the young generation rediscover her legacy again.

I agree with everything except this last statement. A greatest hits tour would bring back casual fans but I don't think it would influence younger people to become fans because they don't know these songs 

A greatest hits / reinvented hits with fair ticket prices and normal start times would definitely be huge though. However, thinking about the MDNA tour it had several hits (i.e. Hung Up, Express Yourself, Open Your Heart, Vogue, Like a Prayer) it just was that some of those hits were so different sounding and low energy that people didn't like them (Hung Up, Open Your Heart, Like a Prayer)