Madonna in Hawaii? Why has she never performed there?

Velvet Rope

This is a question I've had on my mind for a minute but why has Madonna never performed in Hawaii? It's pretty strange considering they have a huge arena and stadium that could've housed any of her tours,but she doesn't seem to have had interest in performing there.

Just now, louis.exe said:

yeah lots of other iconic singers have performed there like Janet she had the All For You Tour filmed there

preach janet jackson GIF

"Except for all the artists who have sold more albums than Janet, Janet Jackson is the biggest-selling star of all times" -@ChartsJanet

8 hours ago, PWCCA said:

Michael Jackson also performed in Hawaii, he bought his HIStory Tour there for two dates

How many kids did he rape there? 

P.S. I'm not jumping into MJ threads to post that, it just comes up organically when he's mentioned in Madonna topics.

15 hours ago, poserdemadonna said:

"Except for all the artists who have sold more albums than Janet, Janet Jackson is the biggest-selling star of all times" -@ChartsJanet

3 hours ago, ripopgodazippa said:

Well this thread started a shitstorm for no reason. I just wanted to know why M hasn't performed in Hawaii. A lot of the responses were quite unnecessary. :Madonna032:

As long as well agree the above post is the best, it's all cool, man. 

• 1 year later...
On 1/24/2020 at 4:13 AM, Love Is The Groove said:

This is a question I've had on my mind for a minute but why has Madonna never performed in Hawaii? It's pretty strange considering they have a huge arena and stadium that could've housed any of her tours,but she doesn't seem to have had interest in performing there.

Also in South Korea. So happy to see her performed here in the Philippines during the Rebel Heart Tour. But it is also strange to know that she haven't reach Seoul, although I was expecting that she would include SKor on her RHT tourdates. She also have a lot of fans there.

• 2 months later...

here's a concept if she did do one in Hawaii: 

MADONNA - MADONNA: Live in Honolulu 2022

Set list: 

ACT 1: Modern Art Deco 

INTRO (Video Introduction) (contains elements from "Holiday", "Dress You Up", "Erotica", "Ray of Light", "Music", "Give It 2 Me", "Girl Gone Wild", and "Vogue")

01. Vogue 

02. Material Girl / Dress You Up (Medley)

03. Into the Groove (contains samples from "Jump" and elements from "Causing a Commotion")

04. Deeper and Deeper (David's Klub Mix)

ACT 2: Feminist // Political 

I Don't Search, I Find (Video Interlude) (contains elements from "The Rising Sun" by The Beloved)

05. Papa Don't Preach (contains elements from "It Feels so Good" by Sonique and samples from "Die Another Day")

06. Express Yourself / Human Nature (Mashup)

4 Minutes / Sorry (Dance Interlude) (contains samples from "Give It 2 Me")

07. American Life 

08. God Control 

09. I Rise 

ACT 3: Over the Border // Desert Oasis 

Don't Cry for Me Argentina (Orchestra Interlude)

10. Don't Tell Me

11. Secret 

12. Medellín (contains sample from "Faz Gostoso")

13. Take a Bow / You'll See (Medley) 

ACT 4: Dreamscape // Church Ruins

UNCONSCIOUS (Video Interlude) (contains elements from "Sanctuary" and "Rain" along with excepts from "Bedtime Story")

14. Bedtime Story (Junior Wet Dream Mix)

15. Frozen (contains elements from "Frozen 2009")

Rescue Me (Lifeboat Mix) (Interlude) 

16. Dark Ballet 

17. Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen Cover)

18. Like a Prayer (contains elements from "Running Up That Hill (A Deal With God)" by Kate Bush, "Act of Contrition" and the "12" Club Mix")

ACT 5: Tropical Island 

19. La Isla Bonita (contains elements from "Mi Tierra" by Gloria Estefan and excerpts from "Who's That Girl")

20. Hung Up (contains samples from "Can't Get You Out of My Head" by Kylie Minogue)

21. Music (contains elements from "Two Tribes" by Frankie Goes to Hollywood and "Music 2001")

ENCORE: 

22. Holiday (contains samples from "Everybody" along with elements from "Get Together" and "Celebration")

23. Celebration (contains reprise from "Holiday" along with excerpts from "Girl Gone Wild")

It's an expensive location to bring team and entourage. Expensive to stay there while the show happens.

As far as I know ( i have a friend who was working in events there) They have agreements for shows that are gonna sell full house during an assigned number of nights.

Particularly in Honolulu tourist are the ones spending money. Is a bit like the Vegas shows with Britney, Celine.

Some companies already know that a big star has a concert and PR made them as part of exclusive Holidays packages.

So you are going to Hanauma bay to scuba diving on Friday morning and have a Luau deal in the evening before being drive to the Aloha stadium for a concert.

I don't think Madonna would even sign to have such a deal or being interested , knowing how she likes to have things on her way.

Also Hawaiians are really relaxed about time keeping but I think her tardiness would challenge the aloha tempo.

• 3 months later...
22 hours ago, musicinferno said:

I don't believe they have a large enough indoor venue for Madonna. She would have to do a stadium but it seems her stadium days in the US are over. 

I don't think her stadium days are over at all. I mean I hope they aren't. It would be a big fuck you to the fans if they were.

Was going to add she loves her air conditioning too much. :lol: 

But seriously, places arent really up to the artist, anybody that knows anyone in the industry, offers and money talks. Its not really in most contracts for them to say 'I want to play Newcastle UK or for a prince in Brunei' $$$$ They figure out the costs of the show to be there and the profit then show it to the artist with dates that fit in. 

Hawaii may or may not have ever fitted in to a schedule or have the demand for the promoters to get the show there for the cost. The ticket prices may work out too high. Sad though. 

On 7/21/2021 at 11:36 PM, brank000 said:

I don't think her stadium days are over at all. I mean I hope they aren't. It would be a big fuck you to the fans if they were.

Why would it be a fuck you? I actually felt after MDNA she would never do another stadium tour. She seemed miserable with the constant rain, tech issues, outages and her illness. She did say once she prefers arenas but Stadiums are more convenient.