POLL: Can Madonna Sell Out An Arena Tour Again?

Voguerista

Can Madonna Sell Out An Arena Tour Again?  

51 members voted

1. 1. Can Madonna Sell Out An Arena Tour Again?

It seems many think Madonna can't sell out an Arena tour anymore because of her age and lower sale numbers than she use to get.... or maybe because of the cancellations and drama of this tour. I thought it might be interesting to get some numbers in a Poll on this. Be sure to vote and let me know what you think.

My thoughts:  Being she is a legendary artist in her own right (which trumps anything negative imo), I still think it's very possible for her to still sell out an arena and it will happen again in the future. 

I totally agree.  She can sell out arenas easy. She just has to add more of the hits and lots of them.  Market it this way and boom sell out!!

She wanted to do something more intimate with this tour and something different to focus on the whole album, concept and tour.  I freakin luved it.  Kylie did a intimate one as well (not no such a large scale as Madame X though) and Came back with a Golden arena tour. No problems

12 minutes ago, madgefan said:

Of course she can! However, I wouldn't be hopeful about seeing one in the near future. Let's ask her in 4-5 years.

I doubt we'll be waiting that long for the next tour.  Unless, she is somehow physically limited from this point on. She may have done some serious damage to her knee/hip.  We can only hope after the tour is finished, she can rest and heal. 

And yes, she will be able to sell out arenas.  I've said this before, a smart move from her and her team is to make the next tour really heavy on the "hits".  The fans proved the time she shows up doesn't matter, but I suspect the general public will be less forgiving, so she needs to get that in check.

If Cher can play arenas still; then Madonna surely can.  And that isn't a dig at Cher.  It's just she's pretty much toured the same show for the last 15 years since her Farewell Tour. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Yes, definitely. Whatever happens, people will buy tickets because she’s Madonna. If the next tour is marketed as a big comeback tour or some sort of nostalgia/greatest hits tour she could sell the stadiums and arenas again.

I kind of think it would be beneficial for her if after this tour she posts some sort of video on YouTube or Instagram perhaps just explaining everything that’s happened on this tour, just so people are aware of the ins and outs? 

6 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Yes, definitely. Whatever happens, people will buy tickets because she’s Madonna. If the next tour is marketed as a big comeback tour or some sort of nostalgia/greatest hits tour she could sell the stadiums and arenas again.

I kind of think it would be beneficial for her if after this tour she posts some sort of video on YouTube or Instagram perhaps just explaining everything that’s happened on this tour, just so people are aware of the ins and outs? 

Honestly, I think she just should leave it alone.  No matter what she says or does, her worst critics (her fans) will pick it a part anyway.  Just move on, and maybe when she releases something new and hits the road again, she can briefly address her woes of the last tour.  Then she can assure people that she's on board in trying to keep the tour on track without a lot of hic-ups. 

Though, you can't guarantee anything because health issues can easily pop up, especially with people her age or older.  Tour life can be brutal for 20 and 30 year olds.  I'm sure many of the older bands/artists still touring can attest that it's not any easier when you get older.  But she might have to pull back on being as active as she has been. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me

Personally, I think the best thing to do sales wise is release a big greatest hits collection next year and then do a summer tour the year after in the arenas, if she is up to it of course. Obviously that won’t happen though.

I hope that whenever the next album arrives though it’ll be a smaller arena tour with not so many dates.  

3 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

Personally, I think the best thing to do sales wise is release a big greatest hits collection next year and then do a summer tour the year after in the stadiums and/or arenas, if she is up to it of course. Obviously that won’t happen though :Madonna008:

I hope that whenever the next album arrives though it’ll be a smaller arena tour with not so many dates.  

I would loveee this too! I will not give up hope! ???

Madonna is still one of the strongest brands worldwide and the only reason why she's weakening is because of wrong decisions and wrong advisors.

She can't go wrong with a greatest hits tour or a ballad album. The general public loves her and her distinctive voice - if she give them what they want: uplifting bops, touching ballads and breathtaking visualizations.

Can Madonna sell out an arenatour again? No doubt. Even more without ridiculous stairs and demanding dance routines. It's enough to give the fans some unforgettable moves, inspiration and a little touch of M. :fantasy:

100%. Hands down, without any question. But it would have to be a greatest hits tour. And that worries me. Her stamina is obviously not as strong as it used to be. And that’s valid considering her age. But the GP want hits. If she wants $$ she must deliver the hits. People want to see Madonna singing songs from the 80s/90s/2000s pre RH. It’s a fact and nobody can deny it. But that will make her money.

She needs to create another Confessions-ISH Tour. It is possible. And really, she now (I hope) knows her limitations. But she could cater it to that. It could work.

Bottom line, and don’t get me wrong, I respect her artistic integrity. She will want to create and experiment. And that’s fine. That’s who she is now. But honey to get a decent paycheque she’d be wise to take my advice LOL.

Yes if its a Greatest Hits tour. And if there is another Greatest Hits, I hope they seek outside help to get the versions used right. NO remixes substituting single versions. Stuart Price could do a decent continuous party mix disc for the deluxe maybe.

You’ll never please everyone with a GH album content, but a properly curated one would please most.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
6 hours ago, Andymad said:

She needs to create another Confessions-ISH Tour. It is possible. And really, she now (I hope) knows her limitations. But she could cater it to that. It could work.

I get what you mean, and people would definitely buy tickets to something like that. A nostalgic/hits arena tour with Stuart Price as the musical director is my dream. 

12 hours ago, MarXus said:

I doubt we'll be waiting that long for the next tour.  Unless, she is somehow physically limited from this point on. She may have done some serious damage to her knee/hip.  We can only hope after the tour is finished, she can rest and heal. 

And yes, she will be able to sell out arenas.  I've said this before, a smart move from her and her team is to make the next tour really heavy on the "hits".  The fans proved the time she shows up doesn't matter, but I suspect the general public will be less forgiving, so she needs to get that in check.

If Cher can play arenas still; then Madonna surely can.  And that isn't a dig at Cher.  It's just she's pretty much toured the same show for the last 15 years since her Farewell Tour. 

Madonna would never want to look like Cher, standing on a stage and barely swinging her hips. She's like a cat, she can't stand to show weakness, that's why she keeps pushing herself into lasting damage.

I think we're done with music and tours for a long time, if not forever. 

6 hours ago, Fat Witcher said:

Madonna would never want to look like Cher, standing on a stage and barely swinging her hips. She's like a cat, she can't stand to show weakness, that's why she keeps pushing herself into lasting damage.

I think we're done with music and tours for a long time, if not forever. 

You obviously haven't seen Cher in concert.  While she is hardly as active as Madonna, she is as visual as Madonna and just doesn't stand there.  But that all said, that is besides the point.  The fact is; there are those like Cher and Dolly Parton who are still touring, well into their 70's.  They wear costumes and yes, move about stage in huge heels as well. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how active one is throughout their career. I agree Madonna has a lot of stamina.  She pushes herself.  That alone, could put strain on her body after doing it for so long. Then there are just some who are just unlucky when it comes to their body starting to break down.  We can only hope Madonna's issues aren't going to be permanent, but we can't dismiss that her body is wearing down. 

I disagree. Madonna is NOT done with music and tours.  She'll be back in a couple of years, unless something unfortunate happens between now and then. 

She's also regularly toured for almost every album since Music so the demand isn't as strong along with factors like high ticket prices and other things. Sure, if she's gone for a few years and announces a tour, you'll get buyers and most of it will sell (prices is another story) so it tends to put some of the general public off. If it was announced as a farewell/greatest hits show, you best believe people would buy in swarms for a ticket. However, I hope she isn't done touring because she always excels at her live shows even if MX isn't everyone's cup of tea.

20 hours ago, MarXus said:

You obviously haven't seen Cher in concert.  While she is hardly as active as Madonna, she is as visual as Madonna and just doesn't stand there.  But that all said, that is besides the point.  The fact is; there are those like Cher and Dolly Parton who are still touring, well into their 70's.  They wear costumes and yes, move about stage in huge heels as well. Unfortunately, it doesn't matter how active one is throughout their career. I agree Madonna has a lot of stamina.  She pushes herself.  That alone, could put strain on her body after doing it for so long. Then there are just some who are just unlucky when it comes to their body starting to break down.  We can only hope Madonna's issues aren't going to be permanent, but we can't dismiss that her body is wearing down. 

I have seen every one of her live releases. I liked them, the montages are fabulous, but she just stands there and barely moves her hips. Also, the costumes can get a bit... #extra

1 hour ago, Fat Witcher said:

I have seen every one of her live releases. I liked them, the montages are fabulous, but she just stands there and barely moves her hips. Also, the costumes can get a bit... #extra

I seen Cher in concert several times, and she just doesn't stand there as you embellish.  I can't confirm how much she moves on her latest tour, and there is no comparison between Madonna and Cher when it comes to who is more active on stage, but Cher just doesn't stand there.