POLL: Can Madonna Sell Out An Arena Tour Again?

Voguerista

Can Madonna Sell Out An Arena Tour Again?  

51 members voted

1. 1. Can Madonna Sell Out An Arena Tour Again?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
5 minutes ago, Ronk said:

She can and she will.  Imo, she will go back to arena tours because they require fewer concerts than a small-venue tour.  For health reasons, arenas make more sense.  One third the amount of dancing required on the tour for the same show.  The legend will always sell out arenas. 

I would personally like the next tour to be an arena tour. 

1 minute ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

I would personally like the next tour to be an arena tour. 

Me too!  I loved the Madame X concert I attended in Philadelphia, but I would loved it just as much in an arena.  Tony Bennett talked about how great small venues are for jazz.  But I think for pop, arenas are great.

Guest Nobody Knows Me
Just now, Ronk said:

Me too!  I loved the Madame X concert I attended in Philadelphia, but I would loved it just as much in an arena.  Tony Bennett talked about how great small venues are for jazz.  But I think for pop, arenas are great.

Agreed. I hope she’ll get rid of Kevin Antunes as well in the future but I’m not sure if it’s likely.

6 hours ago, MarXus said:

I seen Cher in concert several times, and she just doesn't stand there as you embellish.  I can't confirm how much she moves on her latest tour, and there is no comparison between Madonna and Cher when it comes to who is more active on stage, but Cher just doesn't stand there.

Every word true.  I saw Cher in Philadelphia in December the day before seeing Madonna.  Madonna is more vigorous on stage but Cher does not just stand there.  It's barely survivable to see two living legends on consecutive nights.  If anyone wants to see what Cher is like on her latest tour, I made a video from my seat.  Best viewed if set to 1080p60 for playback on YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq6-MQewnyU

56 minutes ago, Ronk said:

Every word true.  I saw Cher in Philadelphia in December the day before seeing Madonna.  Madonna is more vigorous on stage but Cher does not just stand there.  It's barely survivable to see two living legends on consecutive nights.  If anyone wants to see what Cher is like on her latest tour, I made a video from my seat.  Best viewed if set to 1080p60 for playback on YouTube:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nq6-MQewnyU

Oh thanks for posting this and further proving my point. Like you mentioned Cher isn't as "vigorous on stage", but she is hardly standing at her mic just shaking her hips.  She works the stage.  She's is over the top and always has been with her costumes.  That's part of her act.  Love your video!  Thanks for sharing.

5 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Oh thanks for posting this and further proving my point. Like you mentioned Cher isn't as "vigorous on stage", but she is hardly standing at her mic just shaking her hips.  She works the stage.  She's is over the top and always has been with her costumes.  That's part of her act.  Love your video!  Thanks for sharing.

The songs in the video are in consecutive order as they were in the concert.  I find it amazing that she is most vigorous in the final two songs after having been onstage for two hours.  I think she was totally pumped at the end, and you can see she just glowed.  Omg.

Also, the look Cher serves at the very end of three consecutive songs starting at 7:11 (After All, Walking In Memphis, and I Found Someone), was the look of a true legend staring out at the audience.  I've seen Stevie Nicks portray a "legend" appearance with her arm gestures, but Cher does it with her facial expression, imo.  Those looks seem to say she's been through it all and she seriously rules.  Just my thoughts.  It brings to mind what legends Madonna and Cher already are, when so many mpgs can only hope to someday be if they can only slay continually for another 2 or 3 decades to cement their status in history.  So few have a realistic chance to achieve that.

10 minutes ago, Ronk said:

The songs in the video are in consecutive order as they were in the concert.  I find it amazing that she is most vigorous in the final two songs after having been onstage for two hours.  I think she was totally pumped at the end, and you can see she just glowed.  Omg.

Also, the look Cher serves at the very end of three consecutive songs starting at 7:11 (After All, Walking In Memphis, and I Found Someone), was the look of a true legend staring out at the audience.  I've seen Stevie Nicks portray a "legend" appearance with her arm gestures, but Cher does it with her facial expression, imo.  Those looks seem to say she's been through it all and she seriously rules.  Just my thoughts.  It brings to mind what legends Madonna and Cher already are, when so many mpgs can only hope to someday be if they can only slay continually for another 2 or 3 decades to cement their status in history.  So few have a realistic chance to achieve that.

I'm not sure Cher has two decades left in her being she's in her 70's now.  She seems to be interested to stay in the lime light until she drops, but I can be wrong. I know her mother is still alive and she's in her 90's.  She gets around quite well for her age.  So Cher may do the same.  It's just once you get into your 60's and 70's, anyone as active as them end up having to slow down due to age and their body not keeping up like it use to. 

1 hour ago, MarXus said:

I'm not sure Cher has two decades left in her being she's in her 70's now.  She seems to be interested to stay in the lime light until she drops, but I can be wrong. I know her mother is still alive and she's in her 90's.  She gets around quite well for her age.  So Cher may do the same.  It's just once you get into your 60's and 70's, anyone as active as them end up having to slow down due to age and their body not keeping up like it use to. 

Yes, but I'm including Cher, along with Madonna, as one of the few who are already legends.  One of the very few who is still performing,  She doesn't have to slay for two more decades to achieve that.  Most of the mpgs do, however, to have a chance to be legendary.  Fan bases like to call their faves legends, even though most will not go down in history as legends.  I do wish all artists success and happiness, though, because they each deserve that for bringing joy and inspiration to so many people.