Her Touring Legacy

eXtremeOccident

Was just watching MDNA...what an incredible show. And yet, it is a very polarizing show — Somewhat for the actual show itself, but substantially due to her behavior outside of that.

Which got me to thinking —

Do you think she’d be revered as the world’s greatest performer still and bringing in crowds like she used to during Confessions and S&S — even MDNA — if it weren’t due to her diva behavior?

I mean, even the Confessions Tour could have been seen as an awful show to critics if it were to have started past 11 PM. It’s front-loaded with the new album, and the only real hits in the first 75% of the show are Like a Virgin and Live to Tell.

If she were to return to her professionalism both on and off the stage, do you think she could restore her touring reputation, her touring budget, and return back to the Madonna who put on mega force shows up until MDNA?

Guest Nobody Knows Me
7 minutes ago, techno101 said:

Do you think she’d be revered as the world’s greatest performer still and bringing in crowds like she used to during Confessions and S&S — even MDNA — if it weren’t due to her diva behavior?

It’s not her diva behaviour that’s causing a reduced crowd. It’s just the fact that she chose not to do stadiums for this tour. She wanted a more intimate setting for this album. But yes, I do think she would still be acclaimed for her tours. Her lateness seemed to begin at The MDNA Tour and she’s managed to sell out multiple times since then. 

I definitely think she can restore her touring legacy. Despite all the complications with this tour, it's still there. Though I agree how it's been totally mismanaged which has hurt her. I pray she can get better management and someone who can get through to her on her lateness. And please, no games and taking advantage of fans with ticket prices.  They need to be reasonable prices from the beginning. 

55 minutes ago, techno101 said:

I mean, even the Confessions Tour could have been seen as an awful show to critics if it were to have started past 11 PM. It’s front-loaded with the new album, and the only real hits in the first 75% of the show are Like a Virgin and Live to Tell.

Confessions itself was a hit which is why it's a beloved tour tho

MDNA Tour is great for me because of the creativity and production, but it is her weakest and imho most disappointing album so I guess that's why it's polarizing, some people just don't think the creativity in the performance is enough to elevate the music. 

tbh the musical direction got worse after Stuart left so people stopped being as interested, coupled with the albums being more polarizing... and honestly even the production side has gotten weaker, even tho I haven't seen Madame X yet, Rebel Heart Tour was disappointing in that sense for me, it felt like a watered down MDNA Tour. 

Funny, I thought Rebel Heart was a step up from MDNA.  Anyway, I don't feel her touring legacy is in that much of jeopardy. Certainly the cancellations aren't doing her any favors, but after many settle down and see that she has a legit health issue, people will not think as negatively of it.  Then again, there are some who will try to spin it negatively no matter what.

11 hours ago, Voguerista said:

I definitely think she can restore her touring legacy. Despite all the complications with this tour, it's still there. Though I agree how it's been totally mismanaged which has hurt her. I pray she can get better management and someone who can get through to her on her lateness. And please, no games and taking advantage of fans with ticket prices.  They need to be reasonable prices from the beginning. 

her team is very VIP now. we can even have that amazing book if we cant afford VIP packages. There was a time VIP got gifts, nothing against it...but other people could still buy it, like the tour book. Now, in some part, it seems rich fans are more important. In 2006 I won a Vip package for two, we got tour book that others could still buy it. Fuck her vip team...

About her tours, they are simply amazing. I dont care if she does another one,after this. Madame X is also human, and right now she needs to rest, take care of herself.

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, groovyguy said:

Wow! Thanks for posting this.  It's interesting that Celine had to do over a thousand shows to get almost 300,000 less than her.  Though, Taylor and Beyonce could easily catch up to Madonna.

Do we know if Madame X is actually included in this count?  I know it says up to 2020, but I'm just curious?

Yes, her reputation, her ability to be on time is to be restored, and to show up without cancelling 3 hours before the show; it is something important for the general public. So I'm not sure that she will be able to fill up stadiums in the future... not like she used to. Unless there is an expected twist of fate, and that she is top the chart with a next single.

+ I think she will tour in an intimate way again...

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, Mister_Pop said:

Yes, her reputation, her ability to be on time is to be restored, and to show up without cancelling 3 hours before the show; it is something important for the general public. So I'm not sure that she will be able to fill up stadiums in the future... not like she used to. Unless there is an expected twist of fate, and that she is top the chart with a next single.

+ I think she will tour in an intimate way again...

I suspect she’ll go back to touring in arenas again. In a few years the controversy behind this tour won’t be as remembered, and it is Madonna. She can easily fill arenas. As for stadiums, I think the only way she can fill all of them again is with a greatest hits tour.