The Lost Art in Singles and B-Sides

dylanlioncourt

I love the Jump single but always found the version of History she went with to be disappointing. From the demos and different versions, the vocals and how the final version is made is very lifeless and goes nowhere. The demos had an urgency and she sang the chorus nicely. The mastered and finished version is very meh.

As a child i remember that i was mesmerized by her constant stylistic changes as well as the cd single covers i was sawing in the record store. Then, MTV was promoting her and every new song ment a new video, a different persona/role, hair color.. She was omnipresent in fashion magazines throught other entertainers. Years after, i begun to look for those covers in HD form without getting them all. :devil: 

To me, she is the best of them all (with a few exceptions). Britney comes close after her.

14 hours ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

Another one of mine. She looks gorgeous here with that hairdo!

single_fever.jpg

This was the first CD single I ever bought. I didn't have a CD player at the time so had to play it on my sisters hi-fi. To this day, this is one of my favourite singles, the remixes are some of Shep's best. I got the 7" picture disc and 12" years later.

14 hours ago, IamZod said:

I just got the KIT Japanese CD single. Of course you need that and the US one to get all the mixes. 

Always thought KIT looked a bit like a fan made sleeve. Don’t think the sleeves often had the designers name on?

The US/EU single usually include the designers name, I think the Japan ones do too. I think KIT was by Jeri Heiden who did some of M's best artwork 1985-1991. I love the KIT cover photo, just the colour of the text is a bit jarring, very late 80s/early 90s colours.

14 minutes ago, rlittler81 said:

This was the first CD single I ever bought. I didn't have a CD player at the time so had to play it on my sisters hi-fi. To this day, this is one of my favourite singles, the remixes are some of Shep's best. I got the 7" picture disc and 12" years later.

The shep remixes for erotica singles are same good same as William orbits

I've recently bought a load of her singles. I've had a few, and I wish I would have bought them when I was younger. I've always been a sucker for remixes and collecting CD's by artists I've adored. I have most downloaded but that feeling you get when you get a physical CD is great. I love opening them and looking through the booklets or sleeves reading lyrics, reading the credits, looking to see if a song was sampled...

Slowly but surely, getting them or most of them. 

My all time favourite maxi single has got to be either Secret or Bad Girl.

• 5 months later...
On 2/1/2020 at 9:23 AM, IamZod said:

Not as such. There was a 12” of Holiday and a clear picture disc in different artwork. The b-sides were YCD mixes.

9A57F9DA-4A3C-4545-BAB2-8F23355BA721.jpeg

Actually the b-sides are the regular album versions from True Blue and Madonna. I was VERY disappointed when I played the 12", expecting rare remixes and heard the old usual versions.

Even Holiday is the original LP version from 1983. A bit strange to not include the Immaculate version on a single released to promote that album. :)