The "Queen's English"!

Voguerista

The only thing I've read about it is that it was made using an instrumental demo from the "Erotica" sessions called "Queen of Pearls" but I don't know if that's true or just a rumour.

I think this song is very funny but there's one thing I hate about it... What? That is impossible to find the full lyrics, hahahaha. I remember years ago I wrote to Junior Vasquez official site asking for it and they answered me that Junior didn't know the lyrics but they will try to contact with someone that had them. That was the only answer, never got a second e-mail.  I tried to contact with Luis through his official site but never got an answer and finally I've tried with Jose through instagram. He told me that he didn't know the complete lyrics but he will try to get them for me... And that's all. 27 Years later and I still don't know what they say :(

I think that I'd prefer to have the full lyrics of the song than a "Blond Ambition Tour" from Paris blu-ray released!!!!!! :P

11 minutes ago, scamper said:

The only thing I've read about it is that it was made using an instrumental demo from the "Erotica" sessions called "Queen of Pearls" but I don't know if that's true or just a rumour.

I think this song is very funny but there's one thing I hate about it... What? That is impossible to find the full lyrics, hahahaha. I remember years ago I wrote to Junior Vasquez official site asking for it and they answered me that Junior didn't know the lyrics but they will try to contact with someone that had them. That was the only answer, never got a second e-mail.  I tried to contact with Luis through his official site but never got an answer and finally I've tried with Jose through instagram. He told me that he didn't know the complete lyrics but he will try to get them for me... And that's all. 27 Years later and I still don't know what they say :(

I think that I'd prefer to have the full lyrics of the song than a "Blond Ambition Tour" from Paris blu-ray released!!!!!! :P

Thanks. Fascinating that they never got back with you or know the complete lyrics. 

I think the same... The like I don't know is when they something like "That ???? is here?" or something like that. It sounds something like "Jierga" and I think they trie to say "Jerga" (the Spanish word for "Slang") but they don't say it right. I guess is like if you ask Madonna for the lyrics of one of her songs sang in Spanish, I'm sure she can't answer what she's saying. Maybe it was added by someone else to the lyrics and not them, hahahaha... I the Spanish version of the song this line was not translated so I guess it was because the missing word was in Spanish.

1 minute ago, scamper said:

I think the same... The like I don't know is when they something like "That ???? is here?" or something like that. It sounds something like "Jierga" and I think they trie to say "Jerga" (the Spanish word for "Slang") but they don't say it right. I guess is like if you ask Madonna for the lyrics of one of her songs sang in Spanish, I'm sure she can't answer what she's saying. Maybe it was added by someone else to the lyrics and not them, hahahaha... I the Spanish version of the song this line was not translated so I guess it was because the missing word was in Spanish.

Makes sense! I bet your right! 

19 hours ago, scamper said:

which part is that? :confused:

anywho the song is catchy and I don't think I ever saw the video before till now, it's pretty fun and not bad at all considering it's an early 90s video...

From https://www.wikiwand.com/en/House_of_Xtravaganza:

In 1993 under the name “Jose & Luis”, the duo recorded “Queen’s English” with Junior Vasquez for Madonna’s Maverick label. The track featured background vocals by Madonna; the only record on which she is credited for as a background vocalist. Two additional tracks by Jose & Luis, "Do It to the Rhythm" and "You Want to Touch Me", appeared as part of Sire Records 1993 sampler "New Faces". Other Xtravaganza records from this period include “Just Like A Queen” by Ellis-D (an alias for Junior Vasquez) which included vocals by Coko Xtravaganza (1989) and “Love the Life You Live” by Danni Xtravaganza with Freddy Bastone (1990). David Ian Xtravaganza teamed with legendary NYC nightclub DJ’s and music producers Larry Levan (of the Paradise Garage) and Mark Kamins (of Danceteria) to record the 1991 single “Love’s Gonna Get You”, under the name East Village People featuring David Ian.

Anyone happen to have these other tracks or the New Faces sampler? Would be fun to hear - I see there are possibly some early Andrea Martin cuts on the New Faces comp. Is that a misprint for "Subliminal NY" that A.Martin is credited? Sorry for the detective tangent. 

DickTracy

18 hours ago, MarXus said:

Personally, I find the song awful and annoying!! 

Umm what?  Surely you're joking? 

Yes, of course I'm joking :P

1 hour ago, Fighter said:

which part is that? :confused:

https://youtu.be/kv4nCDbdBV8

Fighter, here's the original video, The one in the first post is a videoremix so the line I said was not included on it. I mean the line is sang 23 seconds from the start for the first time. It's something like "That "jierga" is here tha-tha-that "jierga" is here?"

50 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

Anyone happen to have these other tracks or the New Faces sampler? Would be fun to hear - I see there are possibly some early Andrea Martin cuts on the New Faces comp. Is that a misprint for "Subliminal NY" that A.Martin is credited? Sorry for the detective tangent. 

I have the "New Faces" CD so if you're interested I could rip it for you.

4 minutes ago, scamper said:

DickTracy

Fighter, here's the original video, The one in the first post is a videoremix so the line I said was not included on it. I mean the line is sang 23 seconds from the start for the first time. It's something like "That "jierga" is here tha-tha-that "jierga" is here?"

I see now, sounds like they say some sort of name or something like it's just one word and "is here"...:confused:  I don't hear the word "that". maybe some sort of reference

14 minutes ago, scamper said:

DickTracy

I would love to hear :heart: