Poll: Favourite song: Papa Don't Preach or Open Your Heart?

geert

Poll: Favourite song: Papa Don't Preach or Open Your Heart?  

34 members voted

1. 1. Poll: Favourite song: Papa Don't Preach or Open Your Heart?

• Papa Don't Preach
    • Open Your Heart

Open Your Heart for me since it's more accessible in terms of a love song. Papa Don't Preach deals with heavier subject matter and though I find it way stronger than OYH, I give it to the latter. Something about the video, the opening "Watch Out!" and "Keeeeeeeeyyyyyyyyyyyy" as the song ends. 

Ugh, no contest. Open Your Heart - BIG! Melodic! Uplifting! Classic Video!

Papa Don’t Preach - Twee! Thin Production! Overrated! Madonna Nipple In Video!

Papa served a purpose but it’s honestly nothing special. Only Madonna would have had a hit with it because her rep made it a bit sensational, much like Love Child was sensational nearly 20 years earlier for Diana and The Supremes. 

On 1/31/2020 at 7:08 AM, WeYo said:

Both good .. but
open your heart madonna GIF

3 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

How she recreated the True Blue cover for us!:heart:

I remember when this video originally premiered and I freaked out because at first I thought she dyed her hair black.  I love how every True Blue single she has a different hair style.  I also recall thinking both her and Annie Lennox had the very same look at the time.

1 minute ago, MarXus said:

I remember when this video originally premiered and I freaked out because at first I thought she dyed her hair black.  I love how every True Blue single she has a different hair style.  I also recall thinking both her and Annie Lennox had the very same look at the time.

Yeah! Same here just for her to remove the wig and do the True Blue pose and look at us! Love the hair here and then it became more wavy and fuller in other videos. 

4 minutes ago, MarXus said:

I remember that.  It was iconic.