Advise To Madonna on her Team and Current Set of Managers

Voguerista

Through the years, I've questioned Madonna's Teams and Manager, but, never as much as I have through 2019. Now, here we are in the beginning of 2020 and do you think she'll make any changes? I don't want to blame everything on them. I know Madonna is partially at fault too, but, I have never seen everything be this bad? :suffer:Her instagram is a mess. This tour has been mismanaged from the get go, etc etc. So, what would you recommend for all the problems you are seeing and do you think she can make a strong comeback despite everything in the future?

I sooo hope so. ??She deserves the best for the hours upon hours of entertainment, inspiration, and comfort she's given to us all of these years. I will never leave her and will always want the best for her.

Things have been really not ideal for ages, since before she left warner honestly, but I think things got a lot better with this album. I think the main reason people notice it more now is because the album wasn't that successful despite it being better than the several previous ones... and also the fact she isn't as talked about as she used to be, so people are in kind of panic mode, but what we see today is the product of a decade of things not being so great and not being able to keep people interested or the fans happy. Maybe she's just focusing on other things. She really takes her time with albums and things have slowed down and that's to be expected. I dont know honestly. A big comeback is always possible but it's not up to us :scary: it's wether they want it and wether they're inspired. 

I think she really needs to acknowledge her back catalogue more... tours/revisions/new remixes. Her old stuff is being played WAY more in movies catered to the younger generation. Express Yourself in that Rebel Wilson movie. How many Young people do you think googled or YouTube’d that song after seeing that movie, that never heard of it? Trying to cater to younger crowds with current trends now is not the answer. Maybe Create inspiring fun music for your fans. Be that pop Queen you worked so hard to earn. Make us dance. Make us think. And educate the younger generation to look back and keep going until they catch up. It’s not that hard to accomplish.

57 minutes ago, artlover said:

I honestly think she has to postpone or cancel the rest of this tour. Come back later this year with a compilation album to earn attention and she can promote Madame X while on this tour. And please LEAVE her current label.

I think what happens now is up in the air. I don’t see much of Madame X getting treatment after this, except for God Control and Medellin... Dark Ballet and IDSIF in interludes (unfortunately). I don’t want to call this era a failure, because SO much of it (whether I was into it or not) is very artistic and inspiring. The only thing was... if she had stuck with her “personas” and the promo idea of the album, it would have truly been her ideal vision. Can we honestly look at the tour and say “oh this is what Madame X was all about” ? Absolutely not. Her creative team should have pushed her towards that. THAT would have been inspiring and new. This is why she needs a new team. To SUPPORT her ideas and bring them to life. She could have performed the entire album without the oldies, that would have been a fantastic story to tell. I cannot imagine she didn’t want that to begin with.

its a really tough one for female pop heritage artists atm.  the public are looking to the new guard.  they all are looking at Billie and Lizzo.  Yes Ariana and Taylor are still getting good support and numbers.  But 90's, 2000's and 2010 female artists artists are struggling for numbers and hits.  Imagine what its like for Madonna who is from the 80's.  She still creates an enormous amount of buzz for her albums and Madame X did the same.  Look at Mariah's last album.  No 5 in the uSA her biggest market.  Madonna would get crucified for that. Britney, Christina are the same.  even Beyonce (although the media go very easy on her) last 2 projects absolutely bombed.  Her album with Jay Z and her lion king album.  Imagine if Madonnas Dick tracy did those numbers. Then we come to katy perry (Albums and singles struggling) Miley (albums and singles struggling and the lsit goes on.  Lady Gaga got a huge boost from A star is born but she did struggle with artpop and Joanne compared to earlier albums so it will be interesting if she can get the publics attention back with no movie to back her. Im not having a go at these ladies (luv em all) but it shows what is happening. The intimate theatre tour had to happen.  shes always wanted to do it and you dont want the public to have arena tour fatigue after every album. I think in the big plans of things they are always looking to the future.  This was all a strategy to pull back and do something more intimate for the fans and then hit back do something huge arena style again. The tour has been plagued by injury (no ones fault) and very unfortunate. But critics all hailed madame x as a huge step in the right direction for Madonna. So I think shes really holding her own in the current state of pop music.  I do agree (I absolutley luved Madame x tour) that next when she needs to use some of that totally amazing back catologue.  Other artists would kill for it.

11 hours ago, Andymad said:

I think she really needs to acknowledge her back catalogue more... tours/revisions/new remixes. Her old stuff is being played WAY more in movies catered to the younger generation. Express Yourself in that Rebel Wilson movie. How many Young people do you think googled or YouTube’d that song after seeing that movie, that never heard of it? Trying to cater to younger crowds with current trends now is not the answer. Maybe Create inspiring fun music for your fans. Be that pop Queen you worked so hard to earn. Make us dance. Make us think. And educate the younger generation to look back and keep going until they catch up. It’s not that hard to accomplish.

True!!! She’s kind a “now” mood... she’s not interested in her old stuff... tho this generation they seek old / vintage music... look at David B or Queen fans... must be her fault + of course the record company.

Sorry, I guess I am the odd man out.  I enjoy every fucking thing she throws us.  Some things more than others.  I don't see anything as "bad" either.   I just feel that some can't accept she is no longer popular like she use to be.  It's not that her albums are worse or her management is bad.  After all, I don't see Madonna complaining.  In fact, she's doing quite well for herself.  It's just she's an older artist and like all entertainers when they get older they get shoved aside, no matter how hard they try to fit in.

Madonna has NEVER been the type of artist who looks back.  Yeah, I wouldn't mind her looking back at her past in the near future, but she has to be ready.  She's not going to settle in being just a nostalgic act. 

Madame X is truly off the grid for her. Fans were begging her to produce something that wasn't the usual music that you're hearing from everyone else.  So she did it, and it still fell flat commercially.  It doesn't surprise me, because for one to be a commercial success you have to reach not just a fan base, but the general public.  Like anything that's been around for a long time, people get use to it and eventually toss it aside, only to remember the best of.  Madonna is unfortunately at that point of her career with the general public.  Not to say, there still isn't a fascination over her life from time to time, but I feel much of the negativity is more coming from her fan base than anyone else. There will always be haters and critics.  She's had far worse thrown at her earlier in her career.  I think most people now see, "Oh that's just Madonna being Madonna", while some fans are still hoping for her to produce a version 2 of their favorite era. 

Thank goodness for me, I've pretty much enjoyed every era she's given us.  While enjoying these eclectic eras, it's evident she's not going to repeat any era and even if she tried, it will fall flat.  Nothing will replace those eras that were genuine and epic at the time.

17 hours ago, Voguerista said:

Through the years, I've questioned Madonna's Teams and Manager, but, never as much as I have through 2019. Now, here we are in the beginning of 2020 and do you think she'll make any changes? I don't want to blame everything on them. I know Madonna is partially at fault too, but, I have never seen everything be this bad? :suffer:Her instagram is a mess. This tour has been mismanaged from the get go, etc etc. So, what would you recommend for all the problems you are seeing and do you think she can make a strong comeback despite everything in the future?

I sooo hope so. ??She deserves the best for the hours upon hours of entertainment, inspiration, and comfort she's given to us all of these years. I will never leave her and will always want the best for her.

I’m not gonna have an opinion directly on this because it’s seems nowadays that Madonna is more stubborn that ever and dismissive of every criticism aimed at her, (like joking “a queen is never late”, ok girl). But I’m gonna say this: her management needs to build a bridge with Warner and PROTECT AND CELEBRATE her legacy: remaster her old videos and concerts. Period. Vogue is celebrating 30 years now and it is a pop tragedy that you can only watch it in 480p on YouTube (not even 720p!!!)

End of rant. 

I do think what I thought of Madame X was not what ended up being in the long run. With Medellin, you expect a long arch storyline that would have continued with every video or connection but it didn't continue. We were spoiled with video clips, remixes and a lot of continued interest in her work again that started again with Rebel Heart. The amount of characters, images and footage that was never expanded upon. Unless she never meant for it to be anything other than a costume, I didn't expect a visual album per say but that the singles would coincide with the story of the Madame X character, how she lost her eye, how certain songs pertained to the story. 

Liz Rosenberg is definitely missed when it came to handling the press and media after every controversy or backlash rather than Madonna doing it herself. 

I know she has her vision, artistic integrity as she likes to repeat, but let's face it, the last time Madonna made a good an appearance in the eyes of the general public was the Superbowl 8 years ago and with a weak new song that got swolled by the big ones (and she hasn’t been on anything this big since 6 years before), since then it has been one bad performance after another: self involded revolutions, falling down, kissing Drake, the "look at me" tributes, the Women March fiasco, her putting 100 famous people via skype to generate views on a video that didn't need that at all, bringing Taylor Swift for a performance (?!), Eurovision...
There's a generation that is only aware of those and doesn't know what Madonna is capable of, and her refuse to look back at her catalogue is only making it worse. This whole phone ban thing kept the tour to generate online buzz like all of her tours before, I bet that there is a lot o people that doesn't even know that she's touring.
We all know that she is against the odds of having a hit single again, and she is not ever going to become a nostalgic act, but there's ways of balancing it out and there is people out there doing a great job at it.
I'm fine with her not having a hit again but neglecting a stellar, one of a kind, the biggest pop carrer ever is criminal, and that coming from herself is terrible, I wish she had people backing her up and making her see this, rather than "yes queen!" people that seen to be surrounding her. (but I don't see that happening).