Let's have our own Super Bowl Halftime!

Voguerista

Guest Nobody Knows Me

It was such an amazing performance. It does have its faults, but it’s still my all-time favourite Super Bowl Halftime performance, and the Vogue performance was by far my favourite moment. 

One of her best TV performances for sure! She put on one hell of a show and my god did she look beautiful doing it. I always feel like it's much longer than it's actual 12 minutes. It's an amazing medley from start to finish, everything from the entrance during vogue to her exit during like a prayer. EPIC.

Judging from the footage shot by the audience she even amazed the straights. Queen! 

Edited by Hydrangeas Up Your Ass (see edit history)

6 minutes ago, Nobody Knows Me said:

It was such an amazing performance. It does have its faults, but it’s still my all-time favourite Super Bowl Halftime performance, and the Vogue performance was by far my favourite moment. 

Yes, for a short time there, the general public was re-introduced to her and loved her.  It didn't last long. 

Guest Nobody Knows Me
2 minutes ago, MarXus said:

Yes, for a short time there, the general public was re-introduced to her and loved her.  It didn't last long. 

It never does. :Madonna027:

5 minutes ago, Blue Prince said:

What's also great is that she could have done two more halftime shows with different hit songs, all of them just as big. 

Very true because, I remember back then, the fans guessing before we knew the set list what songs she could do.  Most thought, "Holiday", "Ray of Light", "Hung Up", "Into The Groove".  

22 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

The Cleopatra entrance alone! Though I could have done without LMFAO.

I honestly wouldn't mind her rehashing the Cleopatra theme for a tour some day in the future. I was expecting her to use it for the MDNA tour in some capacity but, alas she went a completely different route. 

5 minutes ago, Hydrangeas Up Your Ass said:

I honestly wouldn't mind her rehashing the Cleopatra theme for a tour some day in the future. I was expecting her to use it for the MDNA tour in some capacity but, alas she went a completely different route. 

Yep, she finally got her wish of suspender drummers during "Give Me All Your Luvin."

Surprised she didn't use any of the Egyptian imagery at all.

'Ugh I imagine it now...

The lights go down in the stadium....and then...

"The thing that hurts the most...I decided to call my record Madame X....Madame X is a dancer...a head of state..."

Video goes off --

"What are you looking at"

Vogue intro, followed by the following setlist:

* Vogue

* Human Nature

* Future (W/ Quavo)

* Welcome to La Isla Fado

* God Control / Like a Prayer

But seriously, what would the Madame X Halftime Show have looked like if this had been the promo album?

13 minutes ago, techno101 said:

'Ugh I imagine it now...

The lights go down in the stadium....and then...

"The thing that hurts the most...I decided to call my record Madame X....Madame X is a dancer...a head of state..."

Video goes off --

"What are you looking at"

Vogue intro, followed by the following setlist:

* Vogue

* Human Nature

* Future (W/ Quavo)

* Welcome to La Isla Fado

* God Control / Like a Prayer

But seriously, what would the Madame X Halftime Show have looked like if this had been the promo album?

She'd have to include way more hits because an unfriendly halftime show like that would go down like a lead balloon especially if she used that remix of LAP she uses on tour.

53 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

She'd have to include way more hits because an unfriendly halftime show like that would go down like a lead balloon especially if she used that remix of LAP she uses on tour.

It's not like Madonna didn't pull out the hits.  She only performed one unknown song and that was from her new album coming out at the time, so it makes sense to perform something new as well.  Some will argue it was the wrong choice, but that song was most definitely written and composed for that specific event.  Still, she pulled out other well known hits that the public is very aware of.  At a super bowl performance, that is what an artist should do, since they are performing to a huge melting pot of people, and some aren't even fans of hers or big music fans. 

If Madame X were to do the Halftime, this is what I’d have hashed up...

World of Madame X intro 

Vogue

I Don’t Search I Find

Frozen

Come Alive

Crave (Tracy Young Remix) ft Swae Lee

Fado Club (La Isla Bonita)

Medellin ft Maluma

American Life (Acoustic-Sober Mix)

Future (Tour Version) ft Quavo 

Like A Prayer

I Rise

Took the tour, rearranged, and made sure to showcase the stringer new songs next to classics that are in the tour. The only song that would need to be monitored would be American Life. Censored and toned down. If M is involved, it’s gonna get political and Madame X is that truly. A romantic but also a spy in the house of love.

3 minutes ago, gafuller said:

If Madame X were to do the Halftime, this is what I’d have hashed up...

World of Madame X intro 

Vogue

I Don’t Search I Find

Frozen

Come Alive

Crave (Tracy Young Remix) ft Swae Lee

Fado Club (La Isla Bonita)

Medellin ft Maluma

American Life (Acoustic-Sober Mix)

Future (Tour Version) ft Quavo 

Like A Prayer

I Rise

Took the tour, rearranged, and made sure to showcase the stringer new songs next to classics that are in the tour. The only song that would need to be monitored would be American Life. Censored and toned down. If M is involved, it’s gonna get political and Madame X is that truly. A romantic but also a spy in the house of love.

There is no way she could do a set list this long for the Superbowl half-time.  Artists have about 12 minutes to perform.  So the only way she could do all these songs is do a quick mash up, and honestly most of these choices would not set well, performed at a National American Past Time, like the Superbowl. 

12 minutes ago, MarXus said:

It's not like Madonna didn't pull out the hits.  She only performed one unknown song and that was from her new album coming out at the time, so it makes sense to perform something new as well.  Some will argue it was the wrong choice, but that song was most definitely written and composed for that specific event.  Still, she pulled out other well known hits that the public is very aware of.  At a super bowl performance, that is what an artist should do, since they are performing to a huge melting pot of people, and some aren't even fans of hers or big music fans. 

I'm referring the rest were hits and of course, her lead she was performing at the time. I was referring to the MX setlist above. No way, a medley or set with list would go well. The Superbowl is a good promotional outlet for albums and tours so had she gone with doing album tracks with little hits, yeah she'd be praised for doing something different but not necessarily entertaining the audience where are more the general public than avid Madonna fans like us who would know the songs word for word.

Had she done it during the Madame X period I'm sure God Control or Medellin would have been in it along with perhaps Vogue, Express Yourself, Music, Like a Prayer and other tracks but doubt we'd see songs like Crave, Extreme Occident. It's mostly geared to a GH medley and lately been used to make social messages which I find a good thing.

Just now, MarXus said:

There is no way she could do a set list long for the half-time.  Artists have about 12 minutes to perform.  So the only way she could do all these songs is do a quick mash up, and honestly most of these choices would not set well, performed at a National American Past Time, like the Superbowl. 

And let's not forget people were assembling the stage and taking it apart within that time as well. The chaos to fit the timeslot. I can't imagine the pressure.

2 minutes ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

I'm referring the rest were hits and of course, her lead she was performing at the time. I was referring to the MX setlist above. No way, a medley or set with list would go well. The Superbowl is a good promotional outlet for albums and tours so had she gone with doing album tracks with little hits, yeah she'd be praised for doing something different but not necessarily entertaining the audience where are more the general public than avid Madonna fans like us who would know the songs word for word.

Had she done it during the Madame X period I'm sure God Control or Medellin would have been in it along with perhaps Vogue, Express Yourself, Music, Like a Prayer and other tracks but doubt we'd see songs like Crave, Extreme Occident. It's mostly geared to a GH medley and lately been used to make social messages which I find a good thing.

I'm not sure God Control would go well at the Superbowl.  A Gun Control song at an American Football game, with millions of viewers who are gun owners will definitely cause way too much heat for her.  When she did the Half-Time in 2012, she actually was respectful of the event and knew it's not really a time and place to perform such a song that questions U.S. democracy.  It's too political for such an event.

1 minute ago, thelioncourtheart_ said:

And let's not forget people were assembling the stage and taking it apart within that time as well. The chaos to fit the timeslot. I can't imagine the pressure.

Certainly, though I still believe Madonna had a little over 12 minutes to perform, the set up time was accounted for as well, and that's why they had so many local people (many volunteers) helping set up. 

Just now, MarXus said:

I'm not sure God Control would go well at the Superbowl.  A Gun Control song at an American Football game, with millions of viewers who are gun owners will definitely cause way too much heat for her.  When she did the Half-Time in 2012, she actually was respectful of the event and knew it's not really a time and place to perform such a song that questions U.S. democracy.  It's too political for such an event.

Certainly, though I still believe Madonna had a little over 12 minutes to perform, the set up time was accounted for as well, and that's why they had so many local people (many volunteers) helping set up. 

She did mention that they gave her another few seconds or minute cheekily in a post interview.