Can-We-Get-Together

Janet Jackson - Black Diamond!

7 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

I'm excited for new music from JJ and I hope Terry & Jimmy produce. Something about that towel pic (thats a towel shes wearing right?) is off to me but whatever. 

This woman is 53 and looks phenomenal! Lol

Yeah hope she's working with Jimmy and Terry again! 🙏🏻

39 minutes ago, Can-We-Get-Together said:

So who's excited for the new era?

I love me some Janet and her last 2 albums were awesome!

I honestly cannot wait and I'm praying she comes to the UK on the tour 🙏🏻

84521165_10158359424767174_1090806386197004288_o.jpg

Screenshot_20200210-112947~2.png

She looks so beautiful! I love the "Black Diamond" title. The beauty and meaning is so fitting for her too. 

Oh she looks great indeed, saw the show a few summers ago and it was non-stop positive energy. I don't mean this as a dig at all, especially in the age of Lizzo, idk why when I saw that pic my reaction was ok...  she can do better, the recent flapper-esque pics were cute too maybe she shoulda used one of those. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7949361/Janet-Jackson-draws-inspiration-1920s-silk-dress-black-fur-coat.html

4 minutes ago, DickTracy said:

Oh she looks great indeed, saw the show a few summers ago and it was non-stop positive energy. I don't mean this as a dig at all, especially in the age of Lizzo, idk why when I saw that pic my reaction was ok...  she can do better, the recent flapper-esque pics were cute too maybe she shoulda used one of those. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-7949361/Janet-Jackson-draws-inspiration-1920s-silk-dress-black-fur-coat.html

I don't think she looks good in those pics, the outfit is not flattering to her figure at all :stare:

1 hour ago, Can-We-Get-Together said:

Are you kidding? Discipline was epic!!! 

I couldn't get into Discipline but I *loved* Unbreakable. Any word if Jimmy & Terry work on Black Diamond? Or any of the producers? Still dreaming of Janet x Kaytranada on a new Together Again classic disco cut. Another daydream is Janet x Little Dragon, idk why but I think they could make something beautiful together. 

5 hours ago, DickTracy said:

I couldn't get into Discipline but I *loved* Unbreakable. Any word if Jimmy & Terry work on Black Diamond? Or any of the producers? Still dreaming of Janet x Kaytranada on a new Together Again classic disco cut. Another daydream is Janet x Little Dragon, idk why but I think they could make something beautiful together. 

I LOVE LITTLE DRAGON!!

17 hours ago, Blue Jean said:

I love Janet but she hasn't done a truly great album since The Velvet Rope. This one sounds exciting though!

For me, the last album I thoroughly enjoyed was All For You.  I agree The Velvet Rope is a fantastic album.  It's just it was a pretty dark album.  I felt like she managed to bring a bit more fun with All For You.  After that, I've felt her albums become quite redundant.  It was the same formula along with the usual rent a rappers.  From this point on, it was obvious, she always had to have a track where she's moaning as if she's having sex.  There was always a track that was heavy with guitars. All her ballads just started to sound more and more the same. 

Black Diamond is an interesting title, and I am interested to see what she has in store for us. Personally I’d like something more fun and optimistic in the vein of All For You. I agree that her past few albums have been a little boring. 

I had tickets for the Unbreakable World Tour but she cancelled my date due to her pregnancy. Although that is completely understandable, it seems she isn’t that reliable when it comes to tours anyway so I may sit this one out. I think theatres or academies could be a better choice of venue though if she’s coming to the UK.

On 2/12/2020 at 7:11 PM, Nobody Knows Me said:

Black Diamond is an interesting title, and I am interested to see what she has in store for us. Personally I’d like something more fun and optimistic in the vein of All For You. I agree that her past few albums have been a little boring. 

I had tickets for the Unbreakable World Tour but she cancelled my date due to her pregnancy. Although that is completely understandable, it seems she isn’t that reliable when it comes to tours anyway so I may sit this one out. I think theatres or academies could be a better choice of venue though if she’s coming to the UK.

Unbreakable was a true return to form. Fun and optimistic Janet albums are the forgettable ones, ie, all her 2000s albums and her self-titled and Dream Street. Janet doesn't need to be doing fluff. She's at her best when she puts together an album with a thought out theme that actually says something, not just, "I'm gonna cum!" The music on this new album is supposed to be similar to Velvet Rope and Control. She no longer churning out albums in two year spans, something she never used to do until 2001 (through 2008). She now does albums when she has something to say. She used to take nearly 4 years between albums, and those were her best. She has her own label and is reportedly teaming up with BMG again. She's been working on this since 2017. It's not rushed.

She's a 53 year old divorced mother now living in London. The album will reflect that.

I'm always here for new Janet material. Not a big fan but a casual listener and been to her shows a few times. I'm wondering what she'll do this time around as I've always liked some songs even on the not so popular records she's put out. I just hope the tour is more adventurous and breaks away from the medley/GH set she always does.